Game 2 - Wolves v. Wizards

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Game 2 - Wolves v. Wizards

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Thought I'd start the thread for in-game and post game discussion.

First thing I'm noticing is Bazz crashing the offensive glass is killing our transition D when Shved or Lavine take the shot because only 1 guy gets back. I think the coach has to tell Glen to get back the second a shot goes up if Bazz is always going to go after the board instead of get back. I think someone needs to teach Bazz when to go for the board and when to get back because always going after an offensive board at 6'6 is not a very smart play, especially if one of the guards takes the shot.

Re: Game 2 - Wolves v. Wizards

Update #2

I like Lavine's jumper, but like Westbrook (who I think gets way too jumper happy at times) I think he should be going to the hole most of the time with that level of athleticism to try to finish at the rim.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

Piss poor game, not even staying up for the fourth quarter.

LaVine looked alright, made a ton of ill advised passes though

Shabazz was out of control and looked really bad

Shved hit a couple threes but did not look like someone who could run a NBA offense

GR3 didn't do much

Dieng was underwhelming, although he made a mid-range jumper off the glass that made me smile
Brandon BassHole [enjin:8183321]

Post by Brandon BassHole [enjin:8183321] »

yuckkkkk

never seen so many traveling violations in a game

Post game update:

This game was garbage like previously mentioned. The refs also did their best to bring this one to a screeching halt with all the whistles in the 2nd half. At some point, just let them play. There was no way either team could get in a rhythm with how stop and start this game became.

The only redeemable quality I saw of this game was Lavine and Shved at least attacked the basket more in the second half even if they weren't finishing particularly well. They just can't settle for jumpers because they aren't consistent enough at them yet.

Bazz and Dieng played frustrated in the first half and Bazz didn't even play the second half because of what they claim to be an ankle injury, but I think the coaching staff had seen enough of him at that point. He was shooting the ball pretty much every time he touched it and we were getting torched in transition because he would go for the board instead of get back on defense. He finishes with 4 points, 4 fouls and 2 turnovers in just 15 minutes of play. Our transition D got a lot better when he was on the bench and it helped keep us in the game. Dieng was fouling a lot and had 6 on the night total. Sometimes he just needs to go straight up and down instead of going for the block every time. Robinson had a nice put back dunk but seems to be a guy that if you don't run any plays for him, he's not going to give you much offensively.

Overall this was just a bad game from both teams with 38 combined turnovers.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Shved was a little better in this game and I'll admit I am being hard on him, but he is a guy thats played professionally and in the Olympics and has played a pretty good chunk of minutes for two seasons. He should be playing well, he does all that junk that gets him in trouble unbalanced shooting doing things with no plan etc. The he had some stretches where he wasn't awful, but honestly I'm done with him. LaVine tried to do too much in the 2nd half after looking really good in the first, but I'd rather see him play minutes next year he is clearly much more talented than Shved.

Some of the bench guys tonight were much better than last night. Janning has some nice moments. GR3 might need to spend a year in Europe Hummel style he was a little better in this game, but he hasn't shown me much and I am a huge fan of his.

Bazz was doing his thing early and it wasn't working out for him. Wizards clearly had some crazy shotblocking going on but I think Bazz was getting the shots he should be taking. He plays his butt off I ma not sure anyone on the Wolves plays harder. I hope that ankle thing doesn't keep him from playing the rest of the SL I want to see more than a game and a half out of him. His handle does look better. It still likely needs alot of work, but it looks better. Its interesting that he is playing PF most of the minutes in SL.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

I'm convinced the scorekeepers aren't crediting assists in SL. They only gave LaVine and Shved 2 apiece, and I know I saw more. Both of them shot poorly, but I prefer either of them to JJ...they just seem to understand the role of a PG better than Barea.

Muhammad was difficult to watch, as he just wasn't converting...seems like he should have had at least 10. And Khans point about the impact of his attacking the glass on our transition defense is well taken.

It just wasn't a very fun game to watch.
repplile [enjin:8691898]

Post by repplile [enjin:8691898] »

On the positive side I thought LaVine looked a lot better than last game. He was much more in control and really seemed to make an effort to use his quickness to get to the line. He still needs to cut down on some of those silly bad turnovers but I take them with a grain of salt because it is summer league.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Shabazz got his shot blocked at least four times, maybe more. Go up stronger Bazz. Dunk it!