Official 2014 NBA draft thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
WildWolf2813

Re: Official 2014 NBA draft thread

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Anyone interested in P.J. Hairston?

He can shoot, has very good size for his position, we know the NBA 3 isn't a problem for him, and he comes in with a major chip on his shoulder. We need more guys like that.

Less smiles, more scowls.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

WildWolf2813 wrote:Anyone interested in P.J. Hairston?

He can shoot, has very good size for his position, we know the NBA 3 isn't a problem for him, and he comes in with a major chip on his shoulder. We need more guys like that.

Less smiles, more scowls.

My third overall SG in this class. I like him a lot, but I have guys higher than him. Your description of him is right on, though.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

If you're as big of a basketball nerd as I am, you'll enjoy these links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggCiXUXu23w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpwDxYZwPRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5iA3yq4KUk

The three matchups of Michigan and Michigan State from last year. Stauskas vs Harris, essentially. Watched them live, but watching them again.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

John Adams from UCLA decides to enter the draft this year. I think this is a guy that could be a steal at the end of the first round.

Jordan Adams - UCLA
Shooting Guard 6'-5", 220 lbs
Age 19
Birth date - Jul 8, 1994

Positives
Big-time scorer
Good shooter with deep range
Strong finisher at basket

Negatives
Not an elite athlete
Has struggled with conditioning issues in the past
Needs to improve his defense
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Mitch McGary as is in.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Strange tweet by Zgoda this afternoon. I have to admit I don't always get his humor (I think that has more to do with him than me), so I can't tell if he is providing some insight or just being his normal silly self. Somebody asked him who he thought the Wolves were targeting in the draft, and he said he was certain that they will draft James Young. If anyone on this board speaks Zgodese, can they interpret this tweet for me? Do you think he has actually heard something? I suspect he is just trying to be a funny man, but I'm confused because Young would not be a preposterous pick. Wouldn't be my first choice, but certainly someone we will consider if available.

Can any advanced Zgoda scholars interpret for me?
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

He's essentially pulling the top commenter crap from YouTube trying to be the first to say we will take Young so he can say "I told ya so" if we do take Young. At 13, way too much can happen in the draft to really take stock in a guarantee like this. Just another media member trying to be first in a world where most of us could care less who said something first from a media member perspective. Young fits a need, but there's no way he is the number 1 target with so many guys being able to potentially drop down in a loaded draft. The only time to take stock in a prediction like this is if he leaks that we would be looking to move up to get Young. If you aren't willing to move up in the draft for a guy, it's hard to say that you are really going after him hard. I don't see Young as enough of a lock to go before 13 for that to happen.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

longstrangetrip wrote:Strange tweet by Zgoda this afternoon. I have to admit I don't always get his humor (I think that has more to do with him than me), so I can't tell if he is providing some insight or just being his normal silly self. Somebody asked him who he thought the Wolves were targeting in the draft, and he said he was certain that they will draft James Young. If anyone on this board speaks Zgodese, can they interpret this tweet for me? Do you think he has actually heard something? I suspect he is just trying to be a funny man, but I'm confused because Young would not be a preposterous pick. Wouldn't be my first choice, but certainly someone we will consider if available.

Can any advanced Zgoda scholars interpret for me?

Zgoda is probably

Zgoda is probably the least connected sports reporter in the Nation. So I have no doubt his tweet has no tie to any credible source.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Okay, this thread was too early for me! But the Chicago Combine starts this Wednesday so we'll have a bunch more data to work with on these draft prospects. I DVR'ed the damn thing last year, which is when I decided I didn't care for Shabazz and his yellow shoes...

I see Kyle Anderson has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread. I would be VERY happy if we wound up with Kyle or Stauskas. But I am anxious to see what kind of numbers we see out of Chicago this week, and then it's on to youtube for highlights!
Hicks123 [enjin:6700838]

Post by Hicks123 [enjin:6700838] »

Looking at the draft, I am curious to see who everyone thinks will be available for us at 13.

Guys certain to go before our pick (in no particular order):
1) Wiggins
2) Parker
3) Embiid
4) Exum
5) Randle
6) Vonleh
7) Smart
8) Gordon
9) Harris
10) Stauskas

Next group are guys that I feel could be available at our pick:
11) Ennis
12) Saric
13) McDermott
14) Young
15) Hairston
16) Lavine/Hood

I know many on this board have brought up Harris and Stauskas as potential guys for the Wolves, but I just don't see it. I firmly believe they both go top 10. For what has been called one of the strongest drafts in recent memory, I am not sure I see it. Seems pretty solid at very top, but is marginal once you get past 10. I don't mind any of the guys I rated in 11-16, but none of them do anything for us next season, with the exception of probably McDermott. If he is there at 13, I think he has to be our guy, regardless of defensive issues.