Wolves vs Raptors GDT: we need a miracle

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: Wolves vs Raptors GDT: we need a miracle

Post by thedoper »

The Raptors were just better. I have no explanation. Season is over.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Another lost season
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Pek torpedoes Love's trip dub with the stone hands...although it looks like he was fouled
Mstermisty [enjin:6864008]

Post by Mstermisty [enjin:6864008] »

Well this game pretty much sums up the season:

--Kevin Love amazing stats that don't add up to a win
--Bench failure
--Strange lineups
--Lack of player development (no Dieng at all and Shabazz doesn't play until the 4th quarter)
--Can't get stops when it counts
--Can't win a close game, and don't have a true closer (although Shabazz to his credit tried to take on that role tonight)

Frustrating season to say the least.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

This loss probably does it for us. I had it as a loss to begin with, but with the Knicks loss we needed to make it up with tonight. That didn't happen. Sooo yeah, this one hurts a lot.

Shabazz didn't get enough minutes, as always. Ricky got in foul trouble. Refs blew two calls down the stretch (Pek charge on DeRozan and the no-call on Pek with Jonas grabbing his arm). Even with all of that said, we needed to find a way. We didn't.

I want Shabazz to start the rest of the season. I know that won't happen and I know it'll get bashed on this board, but he might as well. Let's find out if we have a long term answer with him. He's a relentless competitor (rebounds well and is intense on defense), confident scorer and Rubio/Love play well with him (they play well with anybody). He's thicker than Corey, meaning he can body-up the bigger SFs. He may not force as many TOs as Brewer, but he keeps his position better and doesn't gamble nearly as much.
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

Good play by brewer
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

I was one of the people who thought the Brewer signing was much more egregious than the Budinger contract. Brewer's play this season has impressed me greatly, the two selling points that a lot of people pointed to were his defense and his corner three ability and he hasn't been great at either. But the energy he brings every night and the way he and Love have clicked have been more than I could have imagined. Hopefully next year Brewer will be even more impressive because this one is over
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

We didn't win 1 quarter that game, and the only players on the team with positive +/- s are 2 starters and 2 bench guys.......and only 2 guys shot over 50%..

Sounds like a pretty complete team loss right there.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Looks like the Suns and Mavs are on their way to winning games that should have been losses. That makes for a pretty devastating night for the Wolves.

Barea sucks. Luc just hasn't figured out how to play with this team. And Dante sucks, too. Shabazz and Deing should absolutely be part of the regular rotation.

[Edit: Oh, and Quincy Lewis is HORRIBLE! If he wasn't an ex-Gopher, he would have been canned long ago. ]
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Brewers a decent player. I wish he played under more control. Id like to see shabazz take his spot in end game situations like tonite.