Wolves vs Raptors GDT: we need a miracle

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KiwiMatt

Re: Wolves vs Raptors GDT: we need a miracle

Post by KiwiMatt »

Zero production from the bench except for Bazz as per usual. The Barea, Bud and Cunningham favouritism has to end. They have no right to be playing ahead of the others guys on our bench.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

markkbu wrote:We didn't win 1 quarter that game, and the only players on the team with positive +/- s are 2 starters and 2 bench guys.......and only 2 guys shot over 50%..

Sounds like a pretty complete team loss right there.

Oh markkbu. Always there to stick up for the almighty Wolves bench. +/- is a ridiculous stat, but for whatever reason it continues to get used on this board. How's this. Our bench got outscored by 16 points. 16 points!

Raps starters put up 79 points while their bench chipped in 32.

Wolves starters put up 88 points while their bench chipped in 16.

Do we still fail to see what the problem is? We have a ballhogging backup PG, a backup PF whose offense is an inconsistent mid-range jumper, a SF who relies on his jumpshot heavily now since he can't finish at the rim anymore (Bud) and two rookies who produce when they get minutes. Problem is... they don't get consistent minutes.

I'll continue to put this season on Adelman and the bench.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

60WinTim wrote:Looks like the Suns and Mavs are on their way to winning games that should have been losses. That makes for a pretty devastating night for the Wolves

Barea sucks. Luc just hasn't figured out how to play with this team. And Dante sucks, too. Shabazz and Deing should absolutely be part of the regular rotation.

[Edit: Oh, and Quincy Lewis is HORRIBLE! If he wasn't an ex-Gopher, he would have been canned long ago. ]

Quincy has a hard time saying words and formulating them into sentences. I actually get enbarrassed for him.
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

Camden wrote:
markkbu wrote:We didn't win 1 quarter that game, and the only players on the team with positive +/- s are 2 starters and 2 bench guys.......and only 2 guys shot over 50%..

Oh markkbu. Always there to stick up for the almighty Wolves bench. +/- is a ridiculous stat, but for whatever reason it continues to get used on this board. How's this. Our bench got outscored by 16 points. 16 points!

Do we still fail to see what the problem is? We have a ballhogging backup PG, a backup PF whose offense is an inconsistent mid-range jumper, a SF who relies on his jumpshot heavily now since he can't finish at the rim anymore (Bud) and two rookies who produce when they get minutes. Problem is... they don't get consistent minutes.

Cam, Did you notice that our starters got out played too? or did you miss that? Watch the game again, you'll get it.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

markkbu wrote:
Camden wrote:

Cam, Did you notice that our starters got out played too? or did you miss that? Watch the game again, you'll get it.

Fantastic rebuttal lol. That's a subjective opinion from your point of view. I know the Wolves starting five finished the game with more points than the Raptors starting five. I know the Wolves finished the first quarter tied at 33, and when the Wolves bench opened the second quarter they let Toronto jump to a 13 point lead (46-33 TOR). Not sure how the Wolves starters got outplayed when every time the bench was on the floor they were fucking shit up. Steve Novak almost outscored our entire bench! His 15 points off five threes compared to our 16 points as a second unit.

But our starters got outplayed... Right.
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

Camden wrote:
markkbu wrote:
Camden wrote:

Fantastic rebuttal lol. That's a subjective opinion from your point of view. I know the Wolves starting five finished the game with more points than the Raptors starting five. I know the Wolves finished the first quarter tied at 33, and when the Wolves bench opened the second quarter they let Toronto jump to a 13 point lead (46-33 TOR). Not sure how the Wolves starters got outplayed when every time the bench was on the floor they were fucking shit up. Steve Novak almost outscored our entire bench! His 15 points off five threes compared to our 16 points as a second unit.

But our starters got outplayed... Right.

At least you can realize a good rebuttal.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Camden wrote:This loss probably does it for us. I had it as a loss to begin with, but with the Knicks loss we needed to make it up with tonight. That didn't happen. Sooo yeah, this one hurts a lot.

Shabazz didn't get enough minutes, as always. Ricky got in foul trouble. Refs blew two calls down the stretch (Pek charge on DeRozan and the no-call on Pek with Jonas grabbing his arm). Even with all of that said, we needed to find a way. We didn't.

I want Shabazz to start the rest of the season. I know that won't happen and I know it'll get bashed on this board, but he might as well. Let's find out if we have a long term answer with him. He's a relentless competitor (rebounds well and is intense on defense), confident scorer and Rubio/Love play well with him (they play well with anybody). He's thicker than Corey, meaning he can body-up the bigger SFs. He may not force as many TOs as Brewer, but he keeps his position better and doesn't gamble nearly as much.

Don't think that he should start, but after this loss, I'm sold on him being the first wing off the bench for us, ahead of Budinger and Mbah Moute. Backing up Corey and even playing some 3 with Corey at the 2 should earn him at least 20 MPG.

I was NOT a Shabazz fan as you all know, but I have to admit that he plays with a hunger, nose for the hoop, and physicality that is impressive. And at this point, we have nothing to lose by playing him more.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Q12543 wrote:
Camden wrote:This loss probably does it for us. I had it as a loss to begin with, but with the Knicks loss we needed to make it up with tonight. That didn't happen. Sooo yeah, this one hurts a lot.

Shabazz didn't get enough minutes, as always. Ricky got in foul trouble. Refs blew two calls down the stretch (Pek charge on DeRozan and the no-call on Pek with Jonas grabbing his arm). Even with all of that said, we needed to find a way. We didn't.

I want Shabazz to start the rest of the season. I know that won't happen and I know it'll get bashed on this board, but he might as well. Let's find out if we have a long term answer with him. He's a relentless competitor (rebounds well and is intense on defense), confident scorer and Rubio/Love play well with him (they play well with anybody). He's thicker than Corey, meaning he can body-up the bigger SFs. He may not force as many TOs as Brewer, but he keeps his position better and doesn't gamble nearly as much.

Don't think that he should start, but after this loss, I'm sold on him being the first wing off the bench for us, ahead of Budinger and Mbah Moute. Backing up Corey and even playing some 3 with Corey at the 2 should earn him at least 20 MPG.

I was NOT a Shabazz fan as you all know, but I have to admit that he plays with a hunger, nose for the hoop, and physicality that is impressive. And at this point, we have nothing to lose by playing him more.

Agree with you q. I was not a shabzz fan to start as well. But he seems to be one of the few the bright spot in another lost season.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

worldK wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

Agree with you q. I was not a shabzz fan to start as well. But he seems to be one of the few the bright spot in another lost season.

I think Dieng, who I'm an unabashed fan of, has also shown some encouraging signs. He gets beat up by the officials on fouls and doesn't have much of an offensive game, but he is clearly an interior defensive presence. I'd like to see both these guys get regular burn from here on out. Both may have to step up into major roles next season depending on what Flip does this offseason.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

PorkChop wrote:
60WinTim wrote:Looks like the Suns and Mavs are on their way to winning games that should have been losses. That makes for a pretty devastating night for the Wolves

Barea sucks. Luc just hasn't figured out how to play with this team. And Dante sucks, too. Shabazz and Deing should absolutely be part of the regular rotation.

[Edit: Oh, and Quincy Lewis is HORRIBLE! If he wasn't an ex-Gopher, he would have been canned long ago. ]

Quincy has a hard time saying words and formulating them into sentences. I actually get enbarrassed for him.

You would think saying words and formulating them into sentences might be important skills to have in his job.