Ricky Quotes

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Ricky Quotes

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Ricky Rubio: "It's true that I'm more about creating for others and I look for myself last, maybe I have to look for myself more. But that's my trademark, that has brought me here and it's difficult to change."

Ricky Rubio: "I like my team, but I want to reach the playoffs. For that we have to improve because I would like to stay here."

Ricky Rubio: "(Kevin Love) is a very important player for us. I think he will stay here because they've given everything to him and it's hard to leave when you have so much support."
mjs34

Re: Ricky Quotes

Post by mjs34 »

Should be an interesting off season, because the wolves should be offering an extension to Ricky. Getting him to sign would definitely help with Love imo.

I love Ricky, but man I'll be pissed if we overpay him. Anything over $9M per year basically. Even that seems high, but he's shown plenty of glimpses of what he could be this year, especially after the AS break.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Camden wrote:I love Ricky, but man I'll be pissed if we overpay him. Anything over $9M per year basically. Even that seems high, but he's shown plenty of glimpses of what he could be this year, especially after the AS break.

That will be a tough sell when Pek got 12.

thedoper wrote:
Camden wrote:I love Ricky, but man I'll be pissed if we overpay him. Anything over $9M per year basically. Even that seems high, but he's shown plenty of glimpses of what he could be this year, especially after the AS break.

If Ricky thinks he's getting 12M or more a year he won't be playing in Minnesota anymore. Period.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Camden wrote:
thedoper wrote:

If Ricky thinks he's getting 12M or more a year he won't be playing in Minnesota anymore. Period.

You think Flip sees it that way? I am not so sure. Pek shouldn't have gotten 12 with no other offers.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

Doper-You think Flip sees it that way? I am not so sure. Pek shouldn't have gotten 12 with no other offers.

Agree. But now that Pek got twelve, expect Ricky to ask for that. I love Ricky too. If it takes 12, than it takes 12. If Pek had received 10, that probably would have done it.
observerII [enjin:6598557]

Post by observerII [enjin:6598557] »

Flip long ago painted himself into a corner when he gave Martin, Bud and The Sultan of Spastics outrageous contracts. Then he insulted everyone by giving a 300-pound, gimpy center who can't jump or stay on the court a ridiculous contract. Now, can he possibly give any player like Rubio or Love less than the ultra, ultra max? From where will the $$$ come?
worldK

Post by worldK »

I agree with those who said that ricky should get 12m/ year. He is more valuable to the team than pek is and he and his teammates knows it. Does he deserve 12m/yr? that remains to be seen but if he reaches his full potential, then he definitely is worth that.

Flip has a big off season ahead of him. Upgrading the wing position is a need. We need a lead wing that is much better and has more of an impact than martin. As mentioned many times, pek is the only guy that can probably fetch us that wing in a trade unless we won the lottery.

This off season is crucial if we want to move ahead with love and rubio as the cornerstones.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Shouldnt Rickys salary be in line with comparable pgs? Not with what the starting Center makes. We all know Centers are overpayed becuz theres a lack of quality big men.
My hope is Ricky will get paid alot less becuz hedoesnt quite stack up too other quality pgs yet. Do I see value in him and some potential yet? Yes, but it has to be shown on the floor. Not by what the starting Center is doin.