It's been real, it's been fun... (GDT)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
ItsJustSoSab

Re: It's been real, it's been fun... (GDT)

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

ItsJustSoSab wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:33 pm
Q-is-here wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:26 pm "The coming of age of a young team"

No...they aren't young at all. Conley, Prince, Gobert, KAT, Anderson, Rivers.
It's sad that us Wolves know the truth. We can't even lie to ourselves, this is who we are
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Yes frustrating team. Season probably ends next game. Happy they didn’t roll over and die
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Wow.

I thought we would win tonight. I didn't believe it would be in OT after an epic collapse!
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
SagaciousMagnanimous

Post by SagaciousMagnanimous »

Q-is-here wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:28 pm
SagaciousMagnanimous wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:25 pm Yea!!!! Wolves win!!!
From the League office....

"The NBA is reviewing the game to see if the result should be overturned in order to more quickly put Wolves fans out of their misery."
Ahahaha. My sad Timberwolves fandom is almost persuaded into researching that this isn't true.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Weird win, but I'm happy we get to watch the Wolves one more time...at least. Some unexpected good minutes from Austin Rivers has to be recognized as a major reason we built the lead we eventually lost. Finchie's inability to get these guys to stay away from iso ball at crunch time and instead run their offense (which actually looks effective most of the game) is the reason I now don't expect him to be back next year. It worked last night because of Ant's brilliance, but it won't work more often than it will. I didn't like the winning 3-pointer that gave us the 4-point lead, but I can't deny it iced the game. In all fairness, the Nuggets have been making some 3-point "prayers" the first 4 games also. I don't expect the Wolves to win Tuesday, but I also don't think the Nuggets are as good as they have looked so far. If they miss a few of those late in the clock 3-pointers, we at least have a chance of winning Game 5.

We rip KAT here, and I admit his stats have been subpar this series. But I think he has been playing hard...he seems to get beaten up every time he goes to the basket. And don't we have to give Aaron Gordon some credit for his defense? He's been spectacular. KAT only took 9 shots yesterday...he has averaged 16.2 attempts per game for his career. But Gordon does a great job of denying KAT the ball. KAT is working hard to get open and the Wolves are trying to get him involved...Gordon just won't allow it. If KAT takes 5 fewer shots than Rudy again in Game 5, I don't see us having much of a chance.

And we can't overlook the fact that KAT was the only starter with a negative +/-. He is largely ineffective on defense, and when he's not scoring, he's not going to help us much. It's not lost on me that we won in overtime after KAT fouled out. Gordon winning their matchup was unexpected, but I think it is the main reason we're not going to win this series.
FNG

Post by FNG »

I'm not losing sight of the fact that we beat a 100% healthy Nuggets team without KAT, SloMo, Jaden and Naz in overtime.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Ant shouted out KAT's defense post-game, saying it was awesome. It wasn't.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Am I the only one that feels like there is a bit of conspiracy to let a team win one game? It seems to happen a lot. No...I'm not a tin foil hat guy. I think the other team just sort of let's their foot off the gas when they go up 3-0. I've seen nothing so far to indicate we are the better team. But...we're still playing games in the last week of April. I guess anything can happen.
Baby steps...
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Jokic is really fun to watch. He does so many things well and with so much composure. He rarely forces his own game. Can’t believe he was the 11th pic in the 2nd round.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

FNG wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:21 am Ant shouted out KAT's defense post-game, saying it was awesome. It wasn't.
I think Kat 2nd half defense was significantly better than his 1st half defense. Don’t think Kat has been good at all but it huge for him to be able to battle Jokic and have Gobert off ball to limit some of Jokic passing that makes him generational