Total votes: 23

Coolbreeze44

Next Years Bigs

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Lots of ways we could go with this. I'd really like to get a board consensus
WildWolf2813

Re: Next Years Bigs

Post by WildWolf2813 »

In a perfect world, Naz comes back, Rudy and KAT are both dealt for whatever, but Naz still isn't the starting C.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Depends on the return we can get. If KAT could get us back a similar package to what we gave up for Rudy, absolutely!
SagaciousMagnanimous

Post by SagaciousMagnanimous »

I don't think it would be wise to trade Kat this off-season.

1). His trade value is at it's lowest. His #'s were down and he had some more bad playoff performances. I don't think he and Gobert have had enough time to figure it out yet. His 4 month injury and recent return didn't help either. I think he'll play better and have better stats next year. They also won't get a good return for him or one that makes them any better. If it fails next year, then trade him.

2). He's been loyal since day 1. Although, he often complains to refs, he hardly complains about the team. He switched positions after 7 years in the league to make for room for Gobert. He definitely could have complained after struggling in his new position. What kind of image or culture do they have if they trade their loyal all-star? What does that say to Ant? What does that look like to free agents?

3.) Which brings us to Ant. I don't think if asked, he'd be for trading Kat. Ant and Kat seem like genuine friends. They probably should keep Ant happy? He appears to be the Wolves best player since KG. He might be more open next year if there are similar struggles and failures?
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

I say double down on the double big lineup. I think I want to give the Kat and Rudy tandem another season. I thought they were making some progress with how to use everyone on the offensive side together. I also think it is imperative to bring Naz back. Kat and Rudy are foul prone but having Naz as a fall back allows them to stay aggressive.

Obviously extend Ant and Jaden. Extend NAW. Decline option on Taurean. Maybe bring him back at a lower number. Go hard after a point guard that can back up Mike and play heavy minutes to keep Mike fresh. I also say extend SloMo if all possible.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

It's all sunk costs.

Most of us don't believe this thing can work. But the value of the bigs is pretty damn low right now. So is it better to dump one of them (probably Towns) at a discount, or try to make it work?

I'd only keep Naz Reid if Towns is gone. It just doesn't make sense to pay $100M for three guys who are best at the same position.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Is Rudy going to be doing any national team stuff this summer? I'd hope he can get some rest and downtime instead. He has basically been playing 18 months straight. This team needs everyone recharged. A common thought going into this year was that year 2 would be the best for this group. Rudy has to be right and ready.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Phenom wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:38 am Is Rudy going to be doing any national team stuff this summer? I'd hope he can get some rest and downtime instead. He has basically been playing 18 months straight. This team needs everyone recharged. A common thought going into this year was that year 2 would be the best for this group. Rudy has to be right and ready.
Sounds like Kat (DR), Rudy (France), Ant (USA), Slow Mo (China), NAW (Canada) might all play in the Fiba worlds this summer
worldK

Post by worldK »

I would like to see us moving on from Gobert. I prefer Kat over him. I have no idea what we can get
from Gobert at this point but for sure we are not getting back equal value of what we gave up
to get him. How about Wendell Carter Jr and Jonathan Isaac for Gobert?
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Trade KAT. He is a special talent on offense, but still clueless on defense. There are too many times where he just doesn't understand how to rotate, when to fully switch or just hedge, moves around like he wears cement shoes when trying to recover, fouls stupidly with his hands flailing all about in the post or trying to contest drives, and cannot grasp body positioning.

He should slap himself for thinking he was ever fluid enough to be a PF all-around, and then he and all fans should slap the FO for allowing him to believe it.

Not to mention the bulldozing on offense, the whiny face on every obvious offensive or defensive foul.

Even more, for being so offensively gifted, there are far too many games where he finishes with around 10 shots.

KAT seems nice enough, but too calculated so or fake. I think that is grating on a team, or off-putting, when you have guys like Ant, Gobert, SloMo, Prince who play with fire. For example, Conley is a genuine nice guy that doesn't routinely do stupid things. Makes smart plays, plays hard on both ends, and doesn't put his team in constant precarious positions. Mike also knows his role, as do the other 3 vets I mentioned. You can also deal with a Wiggins type, who was thrust into a spotlight he will never want. Just passive, non-vocal, wants a simple defined role.

KAT still thinks this is his team because it was for a long time. Time for a change of scenery because this is Ants show.

Three things are a certainty, Ant is our SG and star, Gobert will be our C as long as TC is here and because of the overpay, and Jaden needs to stay at SF. I see too many articles and trades out there moving Jaden to the 4. No thank you.

Move KAT to the highest bidder and move on. Because he can't be a 4 on defense, and he decided he won't ever learn to be a 5 on defense.