KAT trade ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KiwiMatt

KAT trade ideas

Post by KiwiMatt »

It’s going to be long off season for us Wolves fans without a 1st round pick or any significant cap space. So why not kick things off with KAT trade ideas!

I can see the follow teams as being potential trade partners - Atlanta, New York, Golden State and Brooklyn.

First idea:

MIN receives - RJ Barrett, Mitchel Robinson and 2024 1st RP (via WAS)

NYK receives - Karl Anthony Towns and Wendell Moore Jr.

Second idea:

MIN receives - Dejounte Murray, Onyeka Okongwu, Saddiq Bey and 2024 1st RP (via SAC)

ATL receives - Karl Anthony Towns, Wendell Moore Jr and 2026 2nd RP.
KG4Ever

Re: KAT trade ideas

Post by KG4Ever »

KiwiMatt wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:46 pm It’s going to be long off season for us Wolves fans without a 1st round pick or any significant cap space. So why not kick things off with KAT trade ideas!

I can see the follow teams as being potential trade partners - Atlanta, New York, Golden State and Brooklyn.

First idea:

Second idea:

MIN receives - Dejounte Murray, Onyeka Okongwu, Saddiq Bey and 2024 1st RP (via SAC)

The first trade idea is awful as Barrett is inefficient and Mitch Rob is a much more injury prone version of what we already have in Gobert. One first rounder back is not enough.

The second one is much better. I like Murray and Okongwu both a lot.

You mentioned Brooklyn and I love Mikal Bridges and I'd consider a one on one swap as Bridges is an ironman who doesn't miss games like KAT has done the past few years and he plays both sides of the ball. Even though it would be a homecoming for KAT, I don't know if the Nets would trade Bridges given that he upped his scoring a lot when he joined the Nets (although he was not nearly as efficient as he had been).

Golden State frankly has nobody I want back enough to give up KAT. Poole sucks and Kuminga hasn't really shown enough to be a centerpiece.
Monster

Post by Monster »

KG4Ever wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:29 am
KiwiMatt wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:46 pm It’s going to be long off season for us Wolves fans without a 1st round pick or any significant cap space. So why not kick things off with KAT trade ideas!

First idea:

Second idea:

The first trade idea is awful as Barrett is inefficient and Mitch Rob is a much more injury prone version of what we already have in Gobert. One first rounder back is not enough.

The second one is much better. I like Murray and Okongwu both a lot.

You mentioned Brooklyn and I love Mikal Bridges and I'd consider a one on one swap as Bridges is an ironman who doesn't miss games like KAT has done the past few years and he plays both sides of the ball. Even though it would be a homecoming for KAT, I don't know if the Nets would trade Bridges given that he upped his scoring a lot when he joined the Nets (although he was not nearly as efficient as he had been).

Golden State frankly has nobody I want back enough to give up KAT. Poole sucks and Kuminga hasn't really shown enough to be a centerpiece.

I’d pass on both of these trades without much consideration. The Atlanta trade all the guys coming back will be free agents after next season. If this is anywhere close to the best the Wolves can do they should just keep Towns. There has to be more draft picks coming back in these deals.
worldK

Post by worldK »

I am on the keep Towns side. Gobert is the one that needs to go.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

worldK wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:41 pm I am on the keep Towns side. Gobert is the one that needs to go.
That's fine, but then we need to go back to a high wall defense because KAT just gets killed playing drop coverage. We'd also need to add a bench big that can battle the big boys like Embiid and JoVal and eat up some space in the middle when called for.

I do think we have some of the personnel to go back to that kind of defense. McDaniels, Ant, NAW (if signed), and Minott all have the length and athleticism to scramble and cover a lot of ground, as you need to rotate like crazy in a high wall scheme.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Q-is-here wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:04 pm
worldK wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:41 pm I am on the keep Towns side. Gobert is the one that needs to go.
That's fine, but then we need to go back to a high wall defense because KAT just gets killed playing drop coverage. We'd also need to add a bench big that can battle the big boys like Embiid and JoVal and eat up some space in the middle when called for.

I do think we have some of the personnel to go back to that kind of defense. McDaniels, Ant, NAW (if signed), and Minott all have the length and athleticism to scramble and cover a lot of ground, as you need to rotate like crazy in a high wall scheme.
I think the high wall defense is the best and most effective defense we can put up given the majority of the personell on the team. Wendell Carter
Jr would be an ideal fit to the team next to towns. Gobert despite his reputation as a dominat defensive big. He gets dominated by Embiid and Jokic and AD when matched up with them.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

worldK wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:14 pm
Q-is-here wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:04 pm

I think the high wall defense is the best and most effective defense we can put up given the majority of the personell on the team. Wendell Carter
Jr would be an ideal fit to the team next to towns. Gobert despite his reputation as a dominat defensive big. He gets dominated by Embiid and Jokic and AD when matched up with them.
I agree with both of you. The high wall is the right defense for this team with KAT, Ant and Edwards. The Wolves were ranked 13th defensively with that defensive approach last a season. They only ascended to 10th this season. I’ll add that Edwards and McDaniels weren’t as good defensively (especially Ant) last season as they were this season. Ant really ramped up his on-ball and off-ball defense this season. Further. We didn’t have Slo Mo last season and he adds a lot defensively to this team. NAW has proven to me that he’s an excellent defender and definitely worth keeping even if it’s at the $7 million mark.

Like Q, I see the value in adding a defensive big to the bench who can come in and battle the top centers, but I don’t think it’s necessary.

Regarding trade ideas for KAT, Matt’s two ideas aren’t bad. I wouldn’t make either of those deals if I were in TC’s shoes, but I see the merit in both deals. Of the two, I’d opt for the second one - although I think Monster makes an excellent point about the risk given the short time remaining on the contracts of the incoming players from Atlanta.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Why?
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

I would try to work out one of these deals:

A S&T deal with Portland for Jerami Grant and Sharpe or picks.

With Toronto for a S&T extension of O.G, Chris Boucher, and Delano Banton.

With OKC for Dort, Giddey, and Jaylen Williams.

(A 3 way deal for Kessler, Vando, Beasley, 4 first rounders)
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

I saw this come through my feed a couple days ago:

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethe ... -be-mutual