KAT trade ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Wolvesfan21

Re: KAT trade ideas

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

kekgeek wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:41 am I want nothing I mean nothing to do Randle. He would be terrible for Ant development. He iso everything, plays no defense and has an attitude issue. No showed his last 3 playoff series.

After being the sixth man of the year runner up IQ was garbage in the playoffs before his injury.

Barrett is interesting in my mind that his struggles could be that he played in the Thibs offense and the heavy Randle iso offense. I am not sure if I want to trade our “big” asset to find out.

These playoffs really had me souring on the Knicks package
Randle could have potential to be better on a new team, just like KAT could. I'm not like yeah, I really want Randle. No I don't. But I wouldn't mind getting 4 1st rounders back, a young potential good PG in Quickley, Barrett is still young and has some potential still to be a solid player.

I think the trade is decent for the now and future for Ant. You get 4 1st rounders back plus two young players. You take on Randle and Fournier to get the better young assets.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:54 pm
kekgeek wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:41 am I want nothing I mean nothing to do Randle. He would be terrible for Ant development. He iso everything, plays no defense and has an attitude issue. No showed his last 3 playoff series.

After being the sixth man of the year runner up IQ was garbage in the playoffs before his injury.

Barrett is interesting in my mind that his struggles could be that he played in the Thibs offense and the heavy Randle iso offense. I am not sure if I want to trade our “big” asset to find out.

These playoffs really had me souring on the Knicks package
Randle could have potential to be better on a new team, just like KAT could. I'm not like yeah, I really want Randle. No I don't. But I wouldn't mind getting 4 1st rounders back, a young potential good PG in Quickley, Barrett is still young and has some potential still to be a solid player.

I think the trade is decent for the now and future for Ant. You get 4 1st rounders back plus two young players. You take on Randle and Fournier to get the better young assets.
This would be Randle's 4th team. At a certain point, the change of scenery card wears off like bubble gum. He's a lesser version of KAT, he doesn't change the issues surrounding a pairing with Rudy and truthfully, he'd be miscast here as a second banana to Ant. I'm not even sure their games mesh that well. Plenty of differences between Randle and KAT, but I'll name a couple: Instead of whining to referees like KAT, Randle will whine to everyone else, teammates and fans alike. Much more hard headed than KAT. He's not the kind of guy who goes out of his way to celebrate other teammates. For a pairing that was supposed to lead the Knicks into the future, Randle and Barrett having good games at the same time is rare. Randle goes much more into ISO and looks for his even if someone else is hot and he isn't. Brunson did a major job funneling the offense more when he was on the court. KAT is a cornball. Randle is more mercurial. The worst part is he'd be headlining a trade knowing come playoff time he's guaranteed to fail for you, only after he fails here, then who's gonna want him?

As someone who watches plenty of Knicks, Barrett isn't worth it. He causes too many problems here. Any deal that forces McDaniels to have to play PF full-time makes it not worth extending McDaniels. There's no real potential there unless you wanna see Ant do all the work driving only to kick it out to Barrett just so he can clank an outside three. With Barrett, the jumper will never come and until his showing in the playoffs, every Knick wanted Josh Hart on the court instead of Barrett late in games.

The best asset would probably be Quickley and that's mainly because this franchise has been unable to find a PG of the future and don't have the means to get one, and this one would come with a minimum $90 mil extension.

On top of that, the only picks of value would be New York's and they'd fight tooth and nail not to include those. They'd rather throw in the other picks they've accumulated that have heavier protection.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I'd much rather look to New Jersey as a trade partner for KAT, with the prize being Bridges. We would be so much better if we just switched those two, and I think we could get extra considerations.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:18 pm I'd much rather look to New Jersey as a trade partner for KAT, with the prize being Bridges. We would be so much better if we just switched those two, and I think we could get extra considerations.
they'll never give you Bridges unless you're offering Ant
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:23 am
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:18 pm I'd much rather look to New Jersey as a trade partner for KAT, with the prize being Bridges. We would be so much better if we just switched those two, and I think we could get extra considerations.
Well then I guess KAT isn't worth as much as y'all think
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

I'd trade KAT straight up for Bridges. I recall a thread about this proposed trade six months ago and only a few wanted Bridges for KAT, even with some draft picks included. Seems Bridges stock has been rising and KAT's has gone south. Given KAT would be a hometown boy, and the Nets got Bridges cheaply, it certainly is worth a call. I don' t think the Nets are worried about the cap like the Wolves are and have Claxton to anchor their defense.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

What about a package centered around a signed and traded Cam Johnson, a boatload of picks plus salary filler not named Ben Simmons for KAT. Cam is not a fantastic rebounder but is more versatile defensively and could allow the team to play a defense more conducive to protecting the glass.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:32 pm
WildWolf2813 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:23 am
Well then I guess KAT isn't worth as much as y'all think
There's gonna be a major resistance to adding players who have soft reputations. Injuries suck too but at least you can say you can work on that with your training staff. How do you add a softie and sell it to the fans? I mean with KAT in particular, his biggest selling point is that the team who acquires him was already smarter than yours so they can work with his limitations better than you can, but that's a dark cloud hovering over you trying to convince Ant that every failure that has come before him won't eventually include him.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Phenom wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:21 pm What about a package centered around a signed and traded Cam Johnson, a boatload of picks plus salary filler not named Ben Simmons for KAT. Cam is not a fantastic rebounder but is more versatile defensively and could allow the team to play a defense more conducive to protecting the glass.
Harris, Dinwiddie, Cam Thomas, one of the picks this year and a 2027 Phoenix first is probably the best they'll offer.

In essence, you're just dumping KAT to shore up depth temporarily (so Cam takes over for Nowell, Dinwiddie for McLaughlin, and Harris takes over for Prince
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:23 pm
Phenom wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:21 pm What about a package centered around a signed and traded Cam Johnson, a boatload of picks plus salary filler not named Ben Simmons for KAT. Cam is not a fantastic rebounder but is more versatile defensively and could allow the team to play a defense more conducive to protecting the glass.
Harris, Dinwiddie, Cam Thomas, one of the picks this year and a 2027 Phoenix first is probably the best they'll offer.

In essence, you're just dumping KAT to shore up depth temporarily (so Cam takes over for Nowell, Dinwiddie for McLaughlin, and Harris takes over for Prince
That's a non-sensical trade for the Wolves. I'm running things back with KAT and Rudy unless we get at least a 20-something year old top 30 player back (Mikal Bridges, DeJounte Murray are some names I'd be interested in). Unless Wolves get a godfather offer for either, I'd run it back and I'm not opposed to trying to upgrade the coaching staff. I think Nick Nurse is a definite upgrade.