Breakout Players for Next Year

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
worldK

Re: Breakout Players for Next Year

Post by worldK »

Ant - I am predicting a big jump in his ft attempts this season. The league needs a new face soon and ant is on his way to superstar status.

Jaden- He will lower his fouls and will be the 3rd option in the lineup with conley running the point and hopefully rudy settling into a role player.

Kat - Bounce back year from him.He will remind us how good he is in a more suited number 2 guy behind ant.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

If it isn't Minott, this team is at best a play-in team again.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:40 am If it isn't Minott, this team is at best a play-in team again.
So you're saying the key to us taking a leap is Minott??? That's kind of bizarre.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Q-is-here wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:36 am
WildWolf2813 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:40 am If it isn't Minott, this team is at best a play-in team again.
So you're saying the key to us taking a leap is Minott??? That's kind of bizarre.
I blame lip. He just started a thread about Minott and Miller and calls them the best propspects in franchise history or somehting like that. Lip had me hyped about these two. His lawyering skills were on full display there.
Monster

Post by Monster »

worldK wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:12 am
I blame lip. He just started a thread about Minott and Miller and calls them the best propspects in franchise history or somehting like that. Lip had me hyped about these two. His lawyering skills were on full display there.
The way the roster is right now Minott Miller and Moore aren’t really gonna play much unless there are injuries and that’s probably a good thing.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

I don't think simply being healthy is enough. This team when healthy still has a glass jaw, still plays down to its competition, still blows big leads and still doesn't make enough adjustments to counteract other teams.

With the guys that are here, we kinda know who they are and what they provide. Minott is the big wild card. After all, we're inevitably preparing Minott or Miller to take KAT's place. TC is making these marginal selections in the hopes that they buoy the big ticket items. Considering we've almost totally given up on Moore at this point, Minott is next.
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

We’ll see about Minott… I’m a big Minott guy, but he’s going to have show out to get playing time. This team is *deep* all of sudden. But if he steps up, he could definitely be the Wolves’ break out player.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Sundog wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:35 pm We’ll see about Minott… I’m a big Minott guy, but he’s going to have show out to get playing time. This team is *deep* all of sudden. But if he steps up, he could definitely be the Wolves’ break out player.
I’m not ready to declare the Wolves have become deep, unless you count Minott, Moore and/or Miller. Otherwise, we’ve essentially substituted Shake for Prince, NAW for Nowell, and Troy Brown for Rivers. I think NAW is better than Nowell, but his career stats say he’s not. I see Shake and Prince as a wash. And I have no idea what to think of Brown. If this team isn’t healthier than it was last season, I’d expect the same result or worse given the significant improvement among a number of West Conference teams. So KAT has to come back and play at least 70+ games. At the same time, Ant, Jaden, Rudy, Naz and Anderson have to be at as healthy as they were last season. Note that Ant, Jaden and Rudy missed very few games last season.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:15 pm
I don't think simply being healthy is enough. This team when healthy still has a glass jaw, still plays down to its competition, still blows big leads and still doesn't make enough adjustments to counteract other teams.

With the guys that are here, we kinda know who they are and what they provide. Minott is the big wild card. After all, we're inevitably preparing Minott or Miller to take KAT's place. TC is making these marginal selections in the hopes that they buoy the big ticket items. Considering we've almost totally given up on Moore at this point, Minott is next.
Minott isn't even going to be in the rotation to start the season. I agree he's a wild card as far as the longer term future goes, but even if he busts into the rotation this season, it's silly to suggest that he's the guy that will determine whether we get beyond the play in or not this season. I mean, really???
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Yeah I don't understand the hype with Minott. He's really no different than we felt about Nowell and Okogie a couple years ago. Let's see him take a leap before we start hailing him as a future building block.