Around the League - '23-24 Season

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q-is-here

Re: Around the League - '23-24 Season

Post by Q-is-here »

Toronto has held Chicago to 42 points with 7:41 left in the 3rd quarter. I think the Raptor defense is for real.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Walker Kessler has been really bad 3 games in for the Jazz. Would be an interesting development
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Sundog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:09 am Couple of things:

- Bam didn’t sign his extension with Miami, decided to wait til next summer in hopes he meets the supermax criteria by then

- Knicks reportedly trying to get Embiid from the 76ers, offering Julius Randle, R.J. Barrett, Evan Fournier, Mitchell Robinson and two or three first-round picks in return
Interesting. It looks like a bad deal for the Sixers in the short run, but it could be good for them in the long run given Embiid’s physical frailties. Even in the shorter term, Barrett, Robinson and Randle are playing really well. Barrett is beginning to look worthy of his lofty draft selection. Mitchell Robinson is a guy I’d take in a heartbeat over Rudy right now for the Wolves. Robinson’s on an incredibly reasonable declining salary contract. Fournier can help the Sixers now with his shooting and his expiring contract would give the Sixers more financial flexibility after the season.

The point of hanging onto Embiid is to have a chance of competing for a championship. But I don’t see how the Sixers with their current roster can get past the Celtics or Bucks. And as we’ve seen, Embiid has not played well in the playoffs. If I were the Sixers PBO, I’m be intrigued by the idea of a young core of Maxey, Barrett and Mitchell Robinson along with three additional future unprotected 1st-round picks for Embiid. It would be a step back now, but perhaps several steps forward down the road.

The Knicks interest in Embiid makes me think about all the reports about the Knicks ongoing interest in KAT. Hmm. Would I trade KAT for that same collection of Knicks’ assets? My answer is no because I don’t see how Barrett fits with And and Jaden as our starting wings and I don’t see how a defensive big like Robinson fits with Rudy Gobert. But I’d take Robinson, Fournier and two future 1st-round picks for Gobert. :)
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

It's so great to watch the Lakers lose! :twisted:
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

60WinTim wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:58 pm It's so great to watch the Lakers lose! :twisted:
Indeed it is. And they haven't even caught the injury/rest night bug yet. No way can AD and LeBron hold up for more than 60-65 games a piece, so they need to make hay while both can play.
FNG

Post by FNG »

I have posted before about my concerns about the Bucks trade for Lillard...defense, Dame and Beasley may be the worst defensive backcourt in the Association. And last night was just one night, but has to be cause for concern in Schlitz Town. Dame and Beas were a combined -55 as the Bucks lost at home by 17 to winless Atlanta. I think they will still be fine once they replace Beas with a SG who plays some semblance of defense, but I still think they will look back on the trade as a failure. They really miss Holiday.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

FNG wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:09 am I have posted before about my concerns about the Bucks trade for Lillard...defense, Dame and Beasley may be the worst defensive backcourt in the Association. And last night was just one night, but has to be cause for concern in Schlitz Town. Dame and Beas were a combined -55 as the Bucks lost at home by 17 to winless Atlanta. I think they will still be fine once they replace Beas with a SG who plays some semblance of defense, but I still think they will look back on the trade as a failure. They really miss Holiday.
I wonder if they felt Middleton had fallen off a cliff and there was just no way to make up the offense he provided without acquiring someone. Lillard gave them an opportunity to get a shot maker that is even better than Middleton was at his peak. But yeah, Holiday is a hefty price to pay, as he is a legit two-way stud.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Harden just traded to Clippers. I'm awaiting details of trade.

Edit: Trade Details per Shams: BREAKING: The Philadelphia 76ers are trading James Harden and PJ Tucker to the Los Angeles Clippers for Nicolas Batum, Marcus Morris, Robert Covington and KJ Martin, and draft picks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Wonder if this record for player

But if my math correct Harden has been traded for 11 first round picks in his career and has won Jack squat anywhere he goes.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Harden is a headcase and terrible teammate. Immense talent on offense but he won't ever win it big due to his bad defense and more importantly cannot play well with others. Reminds me of a certain Wolves player who is also great on offense but is mentally weak in a bit different way. I just find it hard to see either player excel big time and win a chip.