Wolves extra games

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Wolves extra games

Post by kekgeek »

Wolves extra games due to not making the play in are the Spurs and Grizzlies. Fantastic result of the wolves
Tactical unit

Re: Wolves extra games

Post by Tactical unit »

Seems like they need to rethink the whole in season tournament, multiple top 8 teams in the league not making the finals. Teams that are pretty much .500 are in it? As a whole I think its a good idea but it really isn't capturing the best teams IMO.
FNG

Post by FNG »

kekgeek wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:51 am Wolves extra games due to not making the play in are the Spurs and Grizzlies. Fantastic result of the wolves
I would have loved to see them in Vegas, but adding two wins to our total is more than a consolation prize. Let some other team win the IST...we have higher designs.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Heh, that is sort of bass ackwards that the Wolves are rewarded with two games against inferior opponents thus potentially helping them with playoff seeding.
DNatagal

Post by DNatagal »

Since they modeled this on soccer tournaments, this is exactly what they wanted. More teams having a chance to win a trophy. The ultimate in participation trophies.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

The Spurs game was picked up by ESPN
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

This next week has the Wolves playing 4 very winnable games. And most of the other top West teams are playing each other multiple times. Could be a chance to start building a top-4 or better cushion!
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Phenom wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:31 am The Spurs game was picked up by ESPN
Interesting.....funny how we don't see much on Wemby anymore now that the Spurs have lost 12 in a row. ESPN just couldn't fawn over him enough, not that some of it wasn't deserved. I guess it's back to 24X7 Laker/Clipper/Harden coverage for them!
FNG

Post by FNG »

Q-is-here wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:50 am
Phenom wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:31 am The Spurs game was picked up by ESPN
Interesting.....funny how we don't see much on Wemby anymore now that the Spurs have lost 12 in a row. ESPN just couldn't fawn over him enough, not that some of it wasn't deserved. I guess it's back to 24X7 Laker/Clipper/Harden coverage for them!
There's no question in my mind that Wemby is going to be a star in this league, and his 19.2/9.5 start is impressive for a rookie. But a deeper look at his numbers reveal a rather blah season for him. There's no way a 7'2" center with his shooting touch should have a 47.5 EFG% and 0 VORP (compare that to Holmgren's 61.6 % and 1 VORP). I suspect Pop has written off this season, and is playing the long game and hoping to add a PG like Isaiah Collier to his roster. If he were playing to win this season, I don't think he'd be letting Wemby take 5 1/2 3-pointers per game at 28%.