Wolves at Mavs GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: Wolves at Mavs GDT

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Q-is-here wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:46 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:44 pm This is wonderful
Great win assuming we close this out. Dug out of an early hole and then leaned into our identity in the 3rd quarter. Love it.
So many good things happened since that 17-2 opener. Really impressed.
Shumway

Post by Shumway »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:47 pm OMG - Our length
I'm a big fan of The Office, so I can't let this one go...

That's what she said!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I missed the game working on a project all night so I’ll have to watch the replay tomorrow. I saw the halftime score on my phone and figured we’d lose this one. I just saw the final score and read through this game day thread. It’s a great win on the road and I’m looking forward to watching it tomorrow.

Looks like KAT and Naz had great games - Naz with 27 highly efficient points and KAT with 17 rebounds plus 20 points. Looks like NAW came through as well. Terrible shooting night from Ant, but I noticed he had 11 assists. I’m guessing his hip is still bothering him and that would impact his shooting. But to come from behind and win against Dallas on the road with Ant shooting so horribly is a really good sign for this team.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Wolves playing like they're the big stack at the poker table. Great to see.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

We were just deeper tonight. Crazy to say. Beyond the obvious Jaden was really good tonight.
DNatagal

Post by DNatagal »

Luka is a great player, but hard to like when he whines the way he does. KAT has tempered his bitching and it seems like things are going his way.

This is an extremely deep team, which is important for the regular season, but we need some individual excellence when things get tight during the playoffs.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Shumway wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:57 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:47 pm OMG - Our length
I'm a big fan of The Office, so I can't let this one go...

That's what she said!
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Abe's "I inadvertently slept through way too much of this game" DVR review:

- Good news... I saw the entire first quarter!
- Bad news... I saw the entire first quarter!
- I was actually impressed that the Timberwolves seem to be becoming the type of NBA team that can bounce back from things that go poorly. This has happened multiple times this season. They have fight in them. Do you know that they call that trait? (a good team)
- I'm still amazed how often Towns is not given the ball when all alone behind the arc at the top. I've mentioned Edwards before. Gobert missed him when 3 people collapsed early in this one. He's shooting 42% on threes!
- I'm still amazed how often Towns does not shoot an open three point attempt at the top of the arc. He's shooting 42%! (Actually, I think Towns being keenly aware that he's shooting 42% might be part of the problem here.)
- Good to see Naz Reid find his three point stroke again.
- I see Shake Milton got fewer than two minutes yesterday.
- I'm assuming Edwards gets rolling again sooner than later. It does seem like he needs a bit of time after absences to get back into a groove.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Ant fearlessly went up for a couple of high flying dunks last night. He didn't finish them but showed that hip must be feeling better. Either that or he can't help himself. He seems to be a rhythm player who takes a bit to get back in sync.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:38 am Ant fearlessly went up for a couple of high flying dunks last night. He didn't finish them but showed that hip must be feeling better. Either that or he can't help himself. He seems to be a rhythm player who takes a bit to get back in sync.
Yep, I noted that too Cool. Also as I mentioned in the grading thread, I thought his defense was as aggressive and enthusiastic as I've seen. I don't think the hip is an issue...it's just a matter of getting his rhythm back. I'm looking for him to blow up against a Pacers team that doesn't take defense seriously. It would be fun to see him bounce back and go off for 40.