Wolves Trades?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Tactical unit

Wolves Trades?

Post by Tactical unit »

Is there already a trades post and I missed it?

Who would you like to see traded away?

Who would you like to see the team trade for?

I might be alone on this one but I'd like to see KAT traded away.
Q-is-here

Re: Wolves Trades?

Post by Q-is-here »

The "Kyle Anderson" thread offers some ideas.

There isn't anyone on the current roster that I'd actively like to trade. We must be doing something right if we have the best record in the West. The real question is whether we can get any better through a trade, which might mean trading a player we like. Naz Reid, Kyle Anderson, Shake Milton, and all of our younger prospects - Miller, Minott, and Wendell Moore, Jr. - are potential assets to be traded.

As for KAT, things would have to go terribly wrong in the coming weeks for him to be traded. He's arguably the 2nd or 3rd best player on a potential contending team.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q-is-here wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:08 pm The "Kyle Anderson" thread offers some ideas.

There isn't anyone on the current roster that I'd actively like to trade. We must be doing something right if we have the best record in the West. The real question is whether we can get any better through a trade, which might mean trading a player we like. Naz Reid, Kyle Anderson, Shake Milton, and all of our younger prospects - Miller, Minott, and Wendell Moore, Jr. - are potential assets to be traded.

As for KAT, things would have to go terribly wrong in the coming weeks for him to be traded. He's arguably the 2nd or 3rd best player on a potential contending team.
I’ll go down the road of the Wolves find a deal they like for Kyle Anderson. I guess one of the questions might be can Troy Brown Jr give the Wolves enough of what Kyle Anderson does as a combo forward to help offset losing Anderson? He isn’t as good of a player or defender but he does offer more shooting which helps. The player coming in would have to be a playmaker or elite shooter to offset the lose of what Anderson can do as a playmaker that can defend like he can.

It will be interesting to see who would be available. Is there someone we aren’t thinking off that is even a FA now? What’s John Wall up to these days? He turns the ball over a lot he would fit right in! Lol
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q-is-here wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:08 pm The "Kyle Anderson" thread offers some ideas.

I think you’ve identified the short list of Wolves trade assets (other than Ant, KAT or Rudy) who have any trade value. If it were up to me, I wouldn’t seriously consider making a deal until February unless we were to get an offer that can’t be refused. I want to see how this plays out of the next four weeks. Are we just going through one of those bad stretches? Will this team begin to do a much better job protecting the ball and will JMac stay healthy and be the qualify rotation backup PG I’ve always thought he could be? If this team sinks like a stone over the next four weeks, then the Wolves will have seriously consider trading KAT or Rudy at the deadline. But if, as I expect, we slide down a bit but remain solidly in the top 4, then the front office can assess whether it’s worth moving Kyle, Shake and either Minott or Miller. I wouldn’t move Naz under any circumstances.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

3 team trade idea between MN, TOR & NY

NY gets KAT, S. Milton

TOR gets M. Robinson, E. Fournier, W. Moore, J. Minott, MN 2024 1st

MN gets P. Siakam, D. Schroder, 4x 1sts from NY (Wash & DET protected 24 1sts & NY 26 & 28 1st)
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Tactical unit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:23 am 3 team trade idea between MN, TOR & NY

NY gets KAT, S. Milton

MN gets P. Siakam, D. Schroder, 4x 1sts from NY (Wash & DET protected 24 1sts & NY 26 & 28 1st)
I appreciate the thought exercise here, but do you honestly think there is any chance the Wolves are going to trade KAT in the midst of a season like this one?

Or is this more of an offseason trade idea in the event we flame out early in the playoffs? That's a more realistic scenario where a trade could happen.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

Q-is-here wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:39 am
Tactical unit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:23 am 3 team trade idea between MN, TOR & NY

NY gets KAT, S. Milton

I appreciate the thought exercise here, but do you honestly think there is any chance the Wolves are going to trade KAT in the midst of a season like this one?

Or is this more of an offseason trade idea in the event we flame out early in the playoffs? That's a more realistic scenario where a trade could happen.
I feel like KAT is really talented, has grown a small amount in emotional control and don't hate keeping him. However I look at the future salary increase, lack of future picks for this team and I would prefer a deal like this. I think Siakam & Schroder provide more emotional control, better defense, less offensive fouls and I think the team as a whole would be better. I think KAT cost us come playoff time. His defense is a problem to me, the fact he is prone to foul trouble especially on the offensive end (arm hook) can take him out of games. His passing is either great or sloppy and frequently a mix of the two.

Boils down to these factors for me:

Rotation of Rudy, KAT, Naz, K. Anderson vs rotation of Rudy, Siakam, Naz, K. Anderson
Rotation of Conley & Nightly mix of NAW, J-Mac, Milton vs Conley, Schroder, NAW

I don't think you lose much and actually think this group plays better defense, is less sloppy, and has better emotional control.

KAT money: 52, 56, 60, 64 million each year after this season. Is KAT that kind of super star?

The picks: 4x 1sts from NY (WASH & DET protected 24 1sts & NY 26 & 28 1st). WASH & DET picks could convert as nice picks in a few years, I like the idea of having NY 26 & 28 picks unprotected. Future capital has value in adding that perfect player down the road via trade or even better drafting another young star. I think Tim Connelly is above average at drafting rookies.

There are plenty of talented teams in the NBA & we need a championship, being in 1st place at the current moment wouldn't stop me from making what I view as a strong trade.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

Lipoli390 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:23 pm

I think you’ve identified the short list of Wolves trade assets (other than Ant, KAT or Rudy) who have any trade value. If it were up to me, I wouldn’t seriously consider making a deal until February unless we were to get an offer that can’t be refused. I want to see how this plays out of the next four weeks. Are we just going through one of those bad stretches? Will this team begin to do a much better job protecting the ball and will JMac stay healthy and be the qualify rotation backup PG I’ve always thought he could be? If this team sinks like a stone over the next four weeks, then the Wolves will have seriously consider trading KAT or Rudy at the deadline. But if, as I expect, we slide down a bit but remain solidly in the top 4, then the front office can assess whether it’s worth moving Kyle, Shake and either Minott or Miller. I wouldn’t move Naz under any circumstances.
I'm with you on thinking J-Mac would have turned into a quality backup PG. I also would like Naz to get more opportunity as I love his effort and skillset. Doesn't he just seem to keep getting better?

These are reasons I would like to bring in Schroder as that quality backup PG that might even be better than Mike on nights. Also moving KAT to avoid future salary, and gain future picks would create more opportunity for Naz.

I think the Wolves make a smaller deal or even just make a splash singing or two when a vet gets cut. I'm excited to see what they do before the playoffs.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

NY gets KAT, S. Milton

Not even factoring in why this doesn't work for the Wolves, the Knicks trading Mitchell Robinson would be like us trading Naz Reid. They're just not gonna do it unless they're getting Embiid back.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

NY gets KAT, S. Milton

We can’t trade our 2024 first except until draft night when we can make the pick and then trade the player we pick. So maybe you’re thinking about a draft night trade. I’ll just note that it’s highly unlikely we’d ever receive the Washington or Detroit first-round picks based on the protections on those picks and trajectory of those two teams. That means we’d effectively be trading KAT and Minott for Siakam, Schroder and New Yorks 2026 and 28 first-round picks. I don’t think that trade makes us better.