Predict the Series

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: Predict the Series

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I'm hoping for a statement win today. The narrative is very pro-Suns right now, but an 82 game season doesn't lie. Let's show the country what kind of team we really are.
LongGame

Post by LongGame »

Wolves sweep!
SagaciousMagnanimous

Post by SagaciousMagnanimous »

FNG wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 pm
SagaciousMagnanimous wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:56 pm This will be a tough series. However, this Wolves team will win it in 6 games. I just wish the 1st game wasn't at 3:30PM. They should change it to later, so I can watch it.
I'm sure if you tell the league you won the wins prediction contest, they will accommodate your schedule...give Silver a call!

Just curious...where are you located where a 3:30 start time doesn't work?
Ahahaha. I just saw this. Man, I should've tried. My location (Pittsburgh) wasn't the problem. It was that game fell on the busiest day at my store. I was still able to catch glimpses though.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

SagaciousMagnanimous wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:14 am
SagaciousMagnanimous wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:56 pm This will be a tough series. However, this Wolves team will win it in 6 games. I just wish the 1st game wasn't at 3:30PM. They should change it to later, so I can watch it.
I'm sure if you tell the league you won the wins prediction contest, they will accommodate your schedule...give Silver a call!

Ahahaha. I just saw this. Man, I should've tried. My location (Pittsburgh) wasn't the problem. It was that game fell on the busiest day at my store. I was still able to catch glimpses though.
I'll be in Pittsburgh this coming weekend for my son's graduation from Pitt! He likes it so much there he took a job with a company based there and plans on staying.
SagaciousMagnanimous

Post by SagaciousMagnanimous »

Q-is-here wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:11 am
SagaciousMagnanimous wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:14 am

I'll be in Pittsburgh this coming weekend for my son's graduation from Pitt! He likes it so much there he took a job with a company based there and plans on staying.
Cool! Congrats to your son. I really like it here too. I've noticed that I like this city more the longer I live here. It's usually the opposite with me.
FNG

Post by FNG »

You can't underestimate the rim protection value Rudy provides...it will likely win him DPOY.

But the real beauty of this team is it's perimeter defense. Our wings deliver 48 minutes of stifling hell every night. But I didn't realize how good our wings have been until I read Dane Moore's twitter this morning:

- In the 35 minutes NAW, Ant and McDaniels have shared the floor in this series, the Wolves have outscored the Suns 92 to 52.
- In the 61 minutes they have not played as a trio, the Wolves have been outscored 136-133.

The ol' +60 *net* rating...
O rating: 135.3
D rating: 75.4
Net: +59.9

That is crazy and matches the eye test...these guys don't give opponent's wings any space at all. So much fun to watch.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

FNG wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 am You can't underestimate the rim protection value Rudy provides...it will likely win him DPOY.

But the real beauty of this team is it's perimeter defense. Our wings deliver 48 minutes of stifling hell every night. But I didn't realize how good our wings have been until I read Dane Moore's twitter this morning:

- In the 35 minutes NAW, Ant and McDaniels have shared the floor in this series, the Wolves have outscored the Suns 92 to 52.
- In the 61 minutes they have not played as a trio, the Wolves have been outscored 136-133.

The ol' +60 *net* rating...
O rating: 135.3
D rating: 75.4
Net: +59.9

That is crazy and matches the eye test...these guys don't give opponent's wings any space at all. So much fun to watch.
The Suns aren't going to go down quietly and they have good enough shooters that they could go on a heater even if we do play great defense. Look at what Miami did against Boston the other night. We just need to hope that if it happens, it's a statistical outlier and eventually they come back down to earth.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

If we play every game with a sense of desperation, this series won't go past 5 games.

KAT/NAZ not shooting 3's well and both of them are very capable and likely to start stretching the floor and giving ANT more room to work.

We're up 2 without playing great. I feel good. Finch/Connely/Gobert/Anderson won't allow a let down in effort. 5 games
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"