Nuggets at Wolves R2G3

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Nuggets at Wolves R2G3

Post by Lipoli390 »

FNG wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:10 pm I listened to both Dane Moore's and a Nuggets podcast today. Obviously the tone was different...the Nuggets guys were positively giddy, and Dane was a little down but looking forward to the rest of the series. But the difference in Games 2 and 3 refereeing was mentioned on both podcasts, as both pointed out the number of soft fouls in 3 compared to 2. Of course they had different perspectives...Dane lamented Jaden's minutes being limited by his 4 fouls, and the Nuggets guys talking about Porter Jr. and Gordon having to hit the bench early because of soft fouls.

I found Game 3 much less watchable than Game 2, and not just because we got destroyed, The 11 additional fouls in Game 3 (even though they were all on Denver) interrupted the flow of the game and made it less fun. It got me wondering...why doesn't the NBA assign one refereeing team to each series? That way teams wouldn't have to adjust to a different refereeing style each game. I would like to see the NBA make this change in order to reduce the amount of inconsistent calls.

Both podcasts stressed another point that I don't know we have brought up here...the Wolves lack of interest in driving to the basket. Denver is not a good rim protecting team, and yet the Wolves took 33 threes rather than trying to score in the paint. I agree with this take. It might have had a lot to do with the Wolves' lack of energy in this game...it's easier to jack up threes than it is to go into the paint. I hope the coaching staff will emphasize getting to the basket in practice/film today. Challenging the Nuggets' interior defense would help kickstart our offense.
I noticed the Wolves failure to attack the basket. To me it was indicative of their stunning lack of intensity. I’m among those who believe the winner of tonight’s game wins the series. So we had better see a very different Wolves team tonight.

After winning by 26 points in Denver without Rudy, then losing by the same margin with Rudy and watching him simply go through the motions, he had better come through tonight. If not, I might re-start my “hate the Rudy trade” posts again. :)
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Don't worry Lip, we have the "Lip was right" thread all warmed up and ready to go!

I think Ant is going to be aggressive early in this one, but I also think Denver knows this and will do everything possible to shut down driving lanes. They are going to guard Jaden really soft on the perimeter, so he's going to need to make Denver pay if they load up on Ant.

We have Scott Foster's crew tonight....oh boy.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Q-is-here wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:38 am Don't worry Lip, we have the "Lip was right" thread all warmed up and ready to go!

I think Ant is going to be aggressive early in this one, but I also think Denver knows this and will do everything possible to shut down driving lanes. They are going to guard Jaden really soft on the perimeter, so he's going to need to make Denver pay if they load up on Ant.

Yep, Foster did game 4 against the Suns as well. Kinda weird b2b series is Brothers/Foster G3/G4
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Q-is-here wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:38 am Don't worry Lip, we have the "Lip was right" thread all warmed up and ready to go!

In terms of Ant attacking, not doing that more that was really a huge mistake in the last game. As soon as it was clear they were calling that game tighter, we should have been trying to get him going to the basket. I don't know squat about coaching, but it was such an obvious failure that even I saw it and called for it in the game thread. It probably wouldn't have made a difference to the ultimate outcome of the game, but it could definitely have helped, and more importantly, in an otherwise great postseason for both Ant and the coaching staff, it was really a failure to adjust to the game and the reffing. Let's hope they all recognize the need to not only come in with a plan but also be ready to react to different circumstances tonight.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Calling on Kekgeek! Please start the game day thread at your convenience. I ask because Tim lost his privileges after a valiant 6-game winning streak and you were the last one to start a winning game thread (the Atlanta game).
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

TRADE KAT
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

GOD DAMMIT MAKE A BASKET
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Denver are a championship team. We’re not there yet. As long as KAT is on this team we likely never will be.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

Kat 1 for 10. Thanks for nothing
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Biggest game in KATs career and he shoots 1 from 10.