Who does NBA want to win?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Jester1534

Who does NBA want to win?

Post by Jester1534 »

Had a pretty interesting lunch conversation with a friend today and thought it was good question. We all have our conspiracy on the NBA helping manipulate games. You can’t tell me that it was a coincidence the game 2 refs were the game 6 refs ;)

So for my question if you were to rig the game who do you think the league wants to win?

Do they want the 3 time MVP Joker vs Most likely Luka Doncic?

Or

Do you want the young 22 year old superstar Ant vs Luka?

My buddy was pretty firm that they would want Joker and I was pretty firm on Ant. I believe the NBA is desperate for USA star and that if Ant goes on a finals run this year and a team USA gold medal run they would be all in on Ant.
mjs34

Re: Who does NBA want to win?

Post by mjs34 »

Jester1534 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:33 pm Had a pretty interesting lunch conversation with a friend today and thought it was good question. We all have our conspiracy on the NBA helping manipulate games. You can’t tell me that it was a coincidence the game 2 refs were the game 6 refs ;)

So for my question if you were to rig the game who do you think the league wants to win?

Do they want the 3 time MVP Joker vs Most likely Luka Doncic?

Or

Do you want the young 22 year old superstar Ant vs Luka?

My buddy was pretty firm that they would want Joker and I was pretty firm on Ant. I believe the NBA is desperate for USA star and that if Ant goes on a finals run this year and a team USA gold medal run they would be all in on Ant.
I would expect the NBA would prefer Denver if for no other reason than location and game times. Most fans watching the PO's are not going to catch all the games, but this gives the West coast fans some games with more reasonable start times.

Excitement would lean toward the wolves with most media personalities drooling over Ant, although it is more likely Denver would provide a longer series against the Celtics.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

I don't think the NBA is fixing anything, but I do think the NBA would prefer Joker to win another one to become that big star with two in a row. And they would love for Ant to take Joker down in a year or two.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Looking at the career accomplishments you would naturally think Jokic. That being said I don't believe the league is too fond how he vocalizes almost annoyance towards winning MVPs and titles. Add the fact that the Olympics are coming up, an American Star being born would be quite beneficial
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Double
Last edited by Coolbreeze44 on Fri May 17, 2024 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I don't think the NBA has a preference for Denver or Minnesota, they just wanted it to be a long series. Mission accomplished. Going forward they want the Celtics in the final and would probably prefer Dallas over us or Denver. The problem is they can do all the manipulating they want, it's going to be either Minny or Denver going to the final. And once the final is set, again they don't care who wins, just that it goes 6 or 7 games. The league has always wanted the most attractive final they could get, and they've been really good since 1980 in getting it.