Dallas is now the heavy favorite

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Wolvesfan21

Dallas is now the heavy favorite

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Stealing homecourt and beating down the Wolves on the road.

Defense was trash and a bunch of guys weren't hitting shots. Things can turn around, though most people are now picking the Mavs to win the series.
BloopOracle

Re: Dallas is now the heavy favorite

Post by BloopOracle »

Nobody can stay in front of Luka or Kyrie, terrifying to watch
FNG

Post by FNG »

When you lose the first one at home, the betting odds are going to swing wildly. And it's happening here. But the betting public doesn't understand what is really going on here...the Wolves are playing much better on the road than at home this preseason. We're 6-1 on the road, and only 3-3 at home. We may or may not win Friday's game, but I think we will win both games in Dallas. They're very good, but I think we're better.

So why are we better on the road than at home? The crowd helps the home team, but there are other offsetting factors that are making home games more difficult: family. Rudy has a new baby crying all night. Ant has a new baby and a 6-year old disrupting the house. Conley has three young kids. Jaden doesn't have any kids yet, but he has a very pregnant girlfriend...some of us who have kids remember our about-to-deliver wives waking us up frequently at night and asking for yet another back rub. Our guys aren't getting any sleep when they're home, and it shows on the court! Did you see how worn out Ant looked all game (and post-game)? If Finchie is smart, he'll book a block of rooms at the Lofton across the street and get his players out of their chaotic homes.

We're 0-1, but never fear...we have secured Visiting Court Advantage again!
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

FNG was he pretty shot post game? I haven't been able to watch
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

FNG wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:56 am When you lose the first one at home, the betting odds are going to swing wildly. And it's happening here. But the betting public doesn't understand what is really going on here...the Wolves are playing much better on the road than at home this preseason. We're 6-1 on the road, and only 3-3 at home. We may or may not win Friday's game, but I think we will win both games in Dallas. They're very good, but I think we're better.

So why are we better on the road than at home? The crowd helps the home team, but there are other offsetting factors that are making home games more difficult: family. Rudy has a new baby crying all night. Ant has a new baby and a 6-year old disrupting the house. Conley has three young kids. Jaden doesn't have any kids yet, but he has a very pregnant girlfriend...some of us who have kids remember our about-to-deliver wives waking us up frequently at night and asking for yet another back rub. Our guys aren't getting any sleep when they're home, and it shows on the court! Did you see how worn out Ant looked all game (and post-game)? If Finchie is smart, he'll book a block of rooms at the Lofton across the street and get his players out of their chaotic homes.

We're 0-1, but never fear...we have secured Visiting Court Advantage again!
It makes sense. And I don't think it's just the kids/babies. This is all so new for this franchise and its fanbase that there is probably a lot more outside distractions than your typical playoff atmosphere. More interview requests, more autograph requests, more texts and calls, more hanger-ons, etc. It can be draining. If you're a team like Boston, they go to the Eastern Conference Finals practically every damn year. It isn't even that big of a deal anymore.

As for Ant, I subscribe to the Cool theory that he is not in top physical condition. I still wonder if his sleeping and eating habits are more similar to a college frat boy than a veteran NBA athlete.
FNG

Post by FNG »

BloopOracle wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:59 am FNG was he pretty shot post game? I haven't been able to watch
Completely shot, bloop. I watched the post gamer with him and Jaden, and he looked exhausted and frankly a little depressed. And he talked about how he couldn't keep up with 32-year-old Kyrie. None of the Ant charm was on display.

There are probably several factors here: maybe the conditioning thing Q talks about below. maybe having one less day of rest after a grueling game 7. But Ant looked pretty well conditioned in the thin air of Denver as he chased Murray around the court, so I'm skeptical about the conditioning angle. I think Ant will be super motivated to win Game 2, and I think we will see the same energized Ant when we get to Dallas.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

FNG wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:59 am
BloopOracle wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:59 am FNG was he pretty shot post game? I haven't been able to watch
Completely shot, bloop. I watched the post gamer with him and Jaden, and he looked exhausted and frankly a little depressed. And he talked about how he couldn't keep up with 32-year-old Kyrie. None of the Ant charm was on display.

There are probably several factors here: maybe the conditioning thing Q talks about below. maybe having one less day of rest after a grueling game 7. But Ant looked pretty well conditioned in the thin air of Denver as he chased Murray around the court, so I'm skeptical about the conditioning angle. I think Ant will be super motivated to win Game 2, and I think we will see the same energized Ant when we get to Dallas.
I saw his post shoot around interview and he looked off there too, I thought he was stressed or maybe sick
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Knowing what I know about his personal lifestyle, I bet he's burning the candle at both ends. I think there is still a lot of maturing that needs to happen.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I don't believe we can afford to lose any more home games. I really think we need to win 2 of the next 3 overall.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:33 am I don't believe we can afford to lose any more home games. I really think we need to win 2 of the next 3 overall.
I think we need to win the next 4 or at least 4 of the next 5. It's clear we didn't have enough time off after a tiring 7 game series with Denver. If we win this series, we need as much time off as we can get to prepare for Boston.