Mavs at Wolves R3G2

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Papalrep

Re: Mavs at Wolves R3G2

Post by Papalrep »

You knew when Dallas stayed close that we would find a way to lose. you just knew it.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Edwards is not in the physical condition necessary to be leaned on as the franchise. Maybe he's just too young.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

KiwiMatt wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:10 pm Such a disappointment. That Jaden out of bounds and the officials not being able to call the foul and then the Ant turnover personifies the Timberwolves franchise.

All I can say is we need to move KAT this offseason. 50 mil tied up in this guy will handicap this franchise's potential and development for the next 5 years.
They probably will and get nothing back, but ultimately he wasn't out there late in the game turning the ball over and making dumb decisions. The 22 year old superstar is gassed to where he didn't even wanna take the shots.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:12 pm
TheGrey08 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:09 pm Wolves let down, but idgaf. The NBA is pathetic and I really wish I didn't enjoy the sport. THIS is a game that came down to shit calls/no calls and beyond pathetic rule. HOW can you allow replays to review EVERYTHING normally, but OH not the "out of bounds" calls. F that shit!
The only reason he lost the ball was due to the foul. And the ref was right on top of it.
We should have had the ball or shot free throws. Not sure we were in the bonus or not. Either way, we deserved a shot and were robbed. Not saying we for sure win. But they did effect the game. If I were the Wolves I wouldn't even show up to Dallas. Just go home in protest. :lol:
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:19 pm
TheGrey08 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:09 pm Wolves let down, but idgaf. The NBA is pathetic and I really wish I didn't enjoy the sport. THIS is a game that came down to shit calls/no calls and beyond pathetic rule. HOW can you allow replays to review EVERYTHING normally, but OH not the "out of bounds" calls. F that shit!
The only reason he lost the ball was due to the foul. And the ref was right on top of it.
We should have had the ball or shot free throws. Not sure we were in the bonus or not. Either way, we deserved a shot and were robbed. Not saying we for sure win. But they did effect the game. If I were the Wolves I wouldn't even show up to Dallas. Just go home in protest. :lol:
That's one of those reviews where the call was correct, but they missed a foul call so they shoulda just let us keep possession

So far we can't buy a review call.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

It sucks they can't call that on Kyrie on review, but those are the rules. We got away with fouls on our end too.

Bottom line, that's two straight home games in which we get a huge contribution from a role player (though both are great role players), clunkers from both our offensive stars, and we lose in a close one. Seriously, both of these games could have gone the other way. That's just tough to take.

The takeaway is, should we be switching more or even going to the zone? Clearly, we're not succeeding with either dropping or blitzing at this point, largely because it seems like we're not rotating off shooters. Do we keep dropping or blitzing and just try to rotate better?

Even without the picks, Luka is somehow able to get past Jaden even one on one. How is that possible? He's slow and hobbled, but it seems like he's always able to somehow get Jaden behind him. I thought it might be because Jaden was being too aggressive in trying to stay close, so Luka doesn't have to get as far to get him on his hip.

Either way, it's seriously time for everybody, especially Ant, KAT, and Rudy to step the fuck up.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:21 pm

That's one of those reviews where the call was correct, but they missed a foul call so they shoulda just let us keep possession

So far we can't buy a review call.
The NBA has to be run by the biggest idiots to ever be alive. To review a call but NOT be able to get it correct? You can't make it up.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

They were in the bonus so FTs. You wouldn't have caught me making that call after the review. I'd have said DAL caused the ball to go out of bounds therefore challenge unsuccessful. (since the apparently are not allowed to call a foul)

I've seen no call fouls cause the ball to go off players for years and it's annoyed me. Split the damn difference and call the ball off the player you think may have fouled and keep it moving.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Rudy shouldn't be stepping up and giving all those free lob dunks either. Make Kyrie and Luka hit a floater or bank shot. That is just bad strategy against these guys. Make them hit shots, not lob dunks.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

SameOldNudityDrew wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:24 pm It sucks they can't call that on Kyrie on review, but those are the rules. We got away with fouls on our end too.

Bottom line, that's two straight home games in which we get a huge contribution from a role player (though both are great role players), clunkers from both our offensive stars, and we lose in a close one. Seriously, both of these games could have gone the other way. That's just tough to take.

The takeaway is, should we be switching more or even going to the zone? Clearly, we're not succeeding with either dropping or blitzing at this point, largely because it seems like we're not rotating off shooters. Do we keep dropping or blitzing and just try to rotate better?

Even without the picks, Luka is somehow able to get past Jaden even one on one. How is that possible? He's slow and hobbled, but it seems like he's always able to somehow get Jaden behind him. I thought it might be because Jaden was being too aggressive in trying to stay close, so Luka doesn't have to get as far to get him on his hip.

Either way, it's seriously time for everybody, especially Ant, KAT, and Rudy to step the fuck up.
Drew, so did they man. Conley was pushed twice with no call and they pushed NAW twice within 3 seconds trying to push him into the back court and none of them were called. They let them push them all second have. They set the tone by not calling that BS. The Mavs once again got nearly all 50/50 calls in the second half.