Charles is brain dead

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Wolvesfan21

Charles is brain dead

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

KAT should be shooting 8-10 3's a game if he can get them open. He shoots 40% plus on good looks. That means he'd have to shoot 2's at 65% or so and he simply doesn't. 3's are great if you're a good shooter. Keep firing them. It's just math and Charles is bad at math. :lol:

That doesn't even take into account the turnovers and offensive fouls from driving and playing down low. Which add up too.

Shoot 3's. I loved that they shot 49 threes last game. They missed 7 FT's (Mavs missed 1, +6 points to Mavs) and got outrebounded by 8 (8 more possesions for Mavs, More points). Plus let the mavs score too easily in the paint (sad). That is why they lost game 1.
Lipoli390

Re: Charles is brain dead

Post by Lipoli390 »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:14 pm KAT should be shooting 8-10 3's a game if he can get them open. He shoots 40% plus on good looks. That means he'd have to shoot 2's at 65% or so and he simply doesn't. 3's are great if you're a good shooter. Keep firing them. It's just math and Charles is bad at math. :lol:

That doesn't even take into account the turnovers and offensive fouls from driving and playing down low. Which add up too.

Shoot 3's. I loved that they shot 49 threes last game. They missed 7 FT's (Mavs missed 1, +6 points to Mavs) and got outrebounded by 8 (8 more possesions for Mavs, More points). Plus let the mavs score too easily in the paint (sad). That is why they lost game 1.
I agree. KAT also passes up easily 2-point shots from point blank range when single-covered by smaller defenders. He did that a lot last night and ended up either turning the ball over or ended up missing what turned out to be a MUCH tougher layup than the short jumper he passed up. KAT is so skilled, he SHOULD be able to hit 65% of his 2-pointers when single covered by shorter defenders and shooting from 7-10 feet out.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Yeah, Charles was a great player, and his takes are generally correct (heck, it pisses me off, but he did correctly pick the first two games of this series), but he's weird about the value of the 3-point shot- maybe because he took fewer than 2 a game during his career. I agree with him continuing to say Ant needs to get downhill more in this series, but conversely KAT needs to let the 3-pointer fly every time he has an open look. Whether Jones Jr. is going to give him many open looks though is another issue...he's been terrific in the first two games.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:51 am
Wolvesfan21 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:14 pm KAT should be shooting 8-10 3's a game if he can get them open. He shoots 40% plus on good looks. That means he'd have to shoot 2's at 65% or so and he simply doesn't. 3's are great if you're a good shooter. Keep firing them. It's just math and Charles is bad at math. :lol:

I agree. KAT also passes up easily 2-point shots from point blank range when single-covered by smaller defenders. He did that a lot last night and ended up either turning the ball over or ended up missing what turned out to be a MUCH tougher layup than the short jumper he passed up. KAT is so skilled, he SHOULD be able to hit 65% of his 2-pointers when single covered by shorter defenders and shooting from 7-10 feet out.
That short range hasn't been his spot really much throughout his career. He kind of settles for mid twos of some fadeaway or goes to the rim. I like him to take more threes of course, if they are decent looks. Charles is just whacko. Just because a guy is 7 feet tall doesn't mean he can't shoot threes. :lol: