We got 'em right where we want them- Game 3 GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
FNG

We got 'em right where we want them- Game 3 GDT

Post by FNG »

I feel sorry for the Mavericks- they are so dumb, and don't realize they are falling for the same trap we laid and executed successfully against Denver. Lose a couple games at home to get the opponent overconfident, and sweep them on the road to break their hearts. The order of events may be different, but the results are the same. Just like the Denver series, the Wolves are going to use their Visiting Court Advantage to waltz to the NBA finals. LFG!

But even though a Wolves series victory seems obvious right now, it may not be that easy, While Denver had the best player on the court throughout the series, Dallas has the TWO best players on the court in this one. That sounds almost insurmountable on its face- Luka and Kyrie are unbelievable. They both see the court so well, and that allows two centers who shoot about as well as I do to go 14 for 16 on mostly dunks. This can't happen tonight. Jones Jr. and Washington are not likely to beat us from the corners like their 2 centers did Friday night- we need to focus more on the dunker spot, and less on the corners...unless Kyrie is there of course. The video Drew posted is excellent, and you know Finchie has gone over those double drag plays 1000 times since Friday night- our guys need to know what to do when they run it over and over again, which they will.

And on offense, Ant and KAT need to play the way we know they can. We're not likely to get another 7 3-pointers from Naz, so our stars have got to step up. And I think they will.

Emotionally this is an easier game for me. We either win tonight, and prove that the Denver Pattern is repeating itself. Or we lose, and we can all start our summer. I'm not ready to start my summer, so let's go Wolves!
FNG

Re: We got 'em right where we want them- Game 3 GDT

Post by FNG »

Oh Brother- you'll never guess which ref crew has tonight's Wolves win...
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Ok Ant time to bring ya ass 8-)
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I haven't been keeping abreast of all the post game analysis going on. And my comments probably come from a "high" level view. But, Playoff-ANT helped bring us to the Western Conference Finals. Unfortunately, Regular Season ANT is what we have had these past two games, which makes it tough to win. Here's hoping Playoff ANT makes his way onto the court tonight.

Oh, and it sure would help if KAT would show up somewhere along the way!

Our young guys are going through their first Conference Finals. Hopefully they learn quickly and can do something about it THIS year, instead of pocketing the experience for future years.
SagaciousMagnanimous

Post by SagaciousMagnanimous »

I cannot take hearing Draymond and Chuck repeating their same stupid takes on the Wolves over and over. I just want the Wolves to win so they can shut up.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Tonight's the night that decides if we want to hold on to our shot at a trophy? Or settle for a piece of paper that says "Congrats you beat Denver"?
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

killed on the glass early
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Feels like we should be down 15 with the hot shooting so 5 isn’t to bad I guess.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

I guess the silver lining in all of this is that Towns is only going to make 60mil per year coming up.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

that shot is NOT falling for KAT at all.

If it impossible to use him in the dunker's spot when Rudy's not on the floor. We have lob threats too. We just have no trust in using them outside of summer league.