GDT: The Promise of Hope

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: GDT: The Promise of Hope

Post by thedoper »

What a great season we almost had game day threads until June. Just ran out of gas. Good seasoning for Naz, Ant, and Jaden. Those 3 and Conley can be the keepers of this team IMO. The rest of the team can be wheeled and dealed. Do you best Connelly.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:20 pm 5 points from the bench.

Leonard Miller better hit the ground running next year offensively.
I think we would have lost anyway due to the greatness of Doncic and Irving, but the bench had multiple chances to help keep it closer by knocking down some open 3s. NAW and Reid especially just have to hit those wide open uncontested 3's. Disappointing performance from two guys that were considered two of the best bench players in the NBA.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Dallas better love us for paving the way for them to the finals. Great run.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

We were the better team in the regular season, but certainly not in the postseason. That was as thorough of an ass kicking as you can get. The stunning thing is losing all 3 home games.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

KiwiMatt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:13 pm Two things that have been exposed with this team.

1. We are unable to play fast break basketball on both ends.

2. We need to sacrifice a bit of defense for offense.
Agree on #2 especially. Doncic and Irving have seen everything thrown at them in their career defensively. Doncic is arguably the 2nd best player in the world after Jokic and Irving is an elite shot maker. You just have to be able to out-offense a duo like that and we are just too damn clunky on that end.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Well, that escalated quickly.

Dallas was simply the better team. Didn't think they were prior to this series... now we know.

[Note: Embarrassing showing by the Timberwolves. Hopefully, it's not another 20 years before we see them in the Conference Finals again. And hopefully, I get to see a MN sports title at some point...]
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:10 pm Well, that escalated quickly.

Dallas was simply the better team. Didn't think they were prior to this series... now we know.

[Note: Embarrassing showing by the Timberwolves. Hopefully, it's not another 20 years before we see them in the Conference Finals again. And hopefully, I get to see a MN sports title at some point...]
I'd like to say the Wolves will win one before Ant makes it to 30. But the NBA has a lot of things that push franchises in flyover country down. It's only a matter of time before more stars migrate to LA or Miami, or OKC takes another 2 steps forward with all their assets. This was a special year, but it's one that's going to be hard to replicate.

I think you will see a title at some point. I have hopes for the Vikings which sounds insane, but they have by far the best ownership in town and a good coach.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

I wonder if the Wolves would have signed Marus Morris liked we had been rumored to in the buyout market if he would have helped us in this series. A few hard fouls on Luka by Morris might have gotten into Lukas head in the series.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:37 pm
AbeVigodaLive wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:10 pm Well, that escalated quickly.

I'd like to say the Wolves will win one before Ant makes it to 30. But the NBA has a lot of things that push franchises in flyover country down. It's only a matter of time before more stars migrate to LA or Miami, or OKC takes another 2 steps forward with all their assets. This was a special year, but it's one that's going to be hard to replicate.

I think you will see a title at some point. I have hopes for the Vikings which sounds insane, but they have by far the best ownership in town and a good coach.
The Wilfs are clowns. They kept the idiot Spielman around forever who could never find an elite QB which is nearly mandatory to win a SB. Step 1, get elite QB. If not you need an elite defense and everywhere else to support the non elite QB.

This is actually the first time since Favre we have a chance to build something competitive. Right track now, took 20 years. Sad.
Wolvesaholic

Post by Wolvesaholic »

Feel like I'm my seven seasons as a half season ticket holder, this was probably the most painful n game I've watched in person. However, I don't want to get too down about it. I don't know if it was fatigue or the stress of the stage, but the team that showed up in this series was not the team that showed up in the regular season and the prior series. They will grow from it, just like they grew from the previous season. Ant will only get better. Serious injuries aside, I'll looking forward to next season.