Hell of a season

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Hell of a season

Post by kekgeek »

Best season maybe in franchise history. I know it sucks how it ended but man I had fun. Take this over the BS we have went through in history.

Also it’s funny our joke of an owner gets a joke of a last game
Phenom

Re: Hell of a season

Post by Phenom »

It really was a great season. I loved having 3 rounds of playoff basketball to watch. I hope they can take the next step but as Bite Bite has said, it's not a given. I have a lot of faith in Ant though.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Yeah it was a lot of fun. That's part of why the ending is so hard to take. Only one team can win out of 30. Hopefully we can make another run next year.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Yeah, it really stings to get so thoroughly dominated by Dallas, but it was no easy task to get to the "Final Four" of the NBA, especially in the West. This was invaluable experience for Ant, Jaden, and Naz.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Phenom wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:07 pm It really was a great season. I loved having 3 rounds of playoff basketball to watch. I hope they can take the next step but as Bite Bite has said, it's not a given. I have a lot of faith in Ant though.
Ant draws SO much damn attention because of how dangerous he is going downhill. If you were to swap, say, Jaylen Brown out for Ant on Boston he would absolutely dominate because they play 5-out and literally everyone in their rotation can shoot the 3. He needs shooters, shooters, and more shooters around him.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

I think they ran out of gas. The kids didn't understand how to keep the edge.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Q-is-here wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:14 pm
Phenom wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:07 pm It really was a great season. I loved having 3 rounds of playoff basketball to watch. I hope they can take the next step but as Bite Bite has said, it's not a given. I have a lot of faith in Ant though.
Ant draws SO much damn attention because of how dangerous he is going downhill. If you were to swap, say, Jaylen Brown out for Ant on Boston he would absolutely dominate because they play 5-out and literally everyone in their rotation can shoot the 3. He needs shooters, shooters, and more shooters around him.
Trade Rudy?
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Phenom wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:25 pm
Trade Rudy?
The thing is though Ant was better on a per 100 possessions offensively with Rudy than without Rudy
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

2nd best season ever.

all in all, lots of fun. Better than the 45-47 wins many of us predicted. Sucks that they lost. Sucks that the team will look different next season.

Kinda sucks that the offseason barring massive trade is basically just our draft night, but beats the last 20 years that's for sure.

See ya at the draft and at summer league where the other half of our roster will be playing.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

kekgeek wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:29 pm
Phenom wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:25 pm

Trade Rudy?
The thing is though Ant was better on a per 100 possessions offensively with Rudy than without Rudy
This is where I'm going to trust my eyes more than the numbers (and I'm as much of a stats guy as anyone). Keep in mind that a lot of the "without" minutes had SloMo on the floor. And KAT's unwillingness to be a high volume 3 shooter along with somewhat limited volume role players (NAW, Little Mac, Morris) made it hard to get the ideal spacing for Ant even when SloMo and Rudy weren't in the lineup with him.

BTW, I don't know what the answer is when it comes to next season, as I don't think we should suddenly pivot to a 5-out spread offense. But it might be something we want to eventually evolve to.