Important Dates

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q-is-here

Important Dates

Post by Q-is-here »

For those of you interested in following the team/its players over the coming months, here is the upcoming calendar:

June 26th - Draft

June 30th - Free agents can start being signed

July 12-22 - Vegas Summer League

July 26 - August 11 - Summer Olympics
Carlos Danger

Re: Important Dates

Post by Carlos Danger »

According to my link below, we have #27 and #37. Those are generally non-factor guys. The Wolves really need to hit on some picks and/or start developing talent considering their payroll crunch. Edwards and McDaniels are two recent success stories. I can include Naz in that. NAW sort of had a career year - so maybe add him in too. But the last two drafts....

Miller (52), Minott (91), Moore Jr (75) and Clark (0) totaled 218 minutes this past season. I was hoping a couple of those guys would have shown enough to get something other than garbage time minutes. (And yes - I'm aware Clark was hurt all year). We really could have used some bench scoring. Naz (13.5 pts/game) was pretty much it, but he was surrounded by NAW (8 pts/game) SloMo (6.4), Monte (5.1), JMac (3.5)... NAW can have his moments, but we also see him disappear offensively (like this year's playoffs :cry: The rest of those guys are pretty much non-factors offensively. It's part of why I think Naz will continue to improve if we add someone else to the bench that can consistently score besides him.

Draft link: https://fanspo.com/nba/teams/Timberwolv ... raft-picks
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Carlos Danger wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:48 pm According to my link below, we have #27 and #37. Those are generally non-factor guys. The Wolves really need to hit on some picks and/or start developing talent considering their payroll crunch. Edwards and McDaniels are two recent success stories. I can include Naz in that. NAW sort of had a career year - so maybe add him in too. But the last two drafts....

Miller (52), Minott (91), Moore Jr (75) and Clark (0) totaled 218 minutes this past season. I was hoping a couple of those guys would have shown enough to get something other than garbage time minutes. (And yes - I'm aware Clark was hurt all year). We really could have used some bench scoring. Naz (13.5 pts/game) was pretty much it, but he was surrounded by NAW (8 pts/game) SloMo (6.4), Monte (5.1), JMac (3.5)... NAW can have his moments, but we also see him disappear offensively (like this year's playoffs :cry: The rest of those guys are pretty much non-factors offensively. It's part of why I think Naz will continue to improve if we add someone else to the bench that can consistently score besides him.

They said Connelly was great at drafting players. He did draft Joker at pick 41, although his recent picks here haven't shown much so far. Some recent draft picks at pick 27 include Cam Thomas 2021, Robert Williams 2018, Kuzma 2017, Siakam 2016, Larry Nance 2015, Bogdonavich 2014, Rudy Gobert, 2013. Hopefully Connelly can come through on this draft, we could really use a solid role player out of it.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:17 pm
Carlos Danger wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:48 pm According to my link below, we have #27 and #37. Those are generally non-factor guys. The Wolves really need to hit on some picks and/or start developing talent considering their payroll crunch. Edwards and McDaniels are two recent success stories. I can include Naz in that. NAW sort of had a career year - so maybe add him in too. But the last two drafts....

They said Connelly was great at drafting players. He did draft Joker at pick 41, although his recent picks here haven't shown much so far. Some recent draft picks at pick 27 include Cam Thomas 2021, Robert Williams 2018, Kuzma 2017, Siakam 2016, Larry Nance 2015, Bogdonavich 2014, Rudy Gobert, 2013. Hopefully Connelly can come through on this draft, we could really use a solid role player out of it.
Wow, that is an impressive number of good players at that pick.
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

Thanks Q! Do I remember that if KAT is traded before the draft, the Wolves only have to take his current salary back? Not advocating for that, but that would be an important date too.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:17 pm

Definitely an impressive list of past #27 picks. Here’s a list of really good NBA players who were picked below 27, many picked below 37: Tony Parker (28), Kyle Anderson (30), Joe Harris (33), Spencer Dinwiddie (38), Jerami Grant (39), Jokic (41), Jordan Clarkson (46), Kevon Looney (30), Montrezl Harrell (32), Josh Richardson (40), Pat Connaughton (41), DeJounte Murray (29), Damian Jones (30), Ivica Zubac (32), Malcolm Brogdon (36), Derrick White (29), Josh Hart (30), Gary Trent Jr. (37), Jordan Poole (28), Nic Claxton (31), Cody Martin (36), Daniel Gifford (38), Terrance Mann (48), Jaden McDaniels (28), Desmond Bane (30), Tre Jones (41), Nick Richards (42), Isaiah Joe (49), Draymond Green (35), Khris Middleton (39), Marc Gasoline (48), Paul Millsap (47), Goran Dragic (45), Manu (57).

Bottom line is that we should expect TC, as a supposedly elite PBO based on his draft acumen, to land a really good player with at least one of our two picks this year. It’s up to TC to find this years’ Derrick White, DeJounte Murray, Malcolm Brogdan, Josh Hart, Tony Parker, Gary Trent Jr., Khris Middleton, Manu or Desmond Bane.