Time to talk offseason.

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q-is-here

Re: Time to talk offseason.

Post by Q-is-here »

I feel like Irving and Doncic are just physically better built than Trae. And it's clear that they weren't liabilities in these playoffs because when they put their mind to it, they can hold their own defensively. They remind me a bit of Harden, who was a terrible regular season defender, but then thanks to being sturdily built and giving his full focus, he'd be better in the playoffs. Trae can legit be targeted and even if he gives 100% effort, his slight frame and relatively short height would be a problem.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Batum may not be a bad option if we could convince him to come to Minnesota on a vet minimum deal to chase a ring. He'd replace SloMo as a backup 3 and 4.
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

Rudy for Murray/Capela clears the trade machine, reuniting Qun Snyder and Gobert. I know you can’t aggregate outgoing salaries under the second apron, but can you aggregate incoming salaries?
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Sundog wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:19 pm Rudy for Murray/Capela clears the trade machine, reuniting Qun Snyder and Gobert. I know you can’t aggregate outgoing salaries under the second apron, but can you aggregate incoming salaries?
You could sweeten the deal with NAW, but didn't Snyder quit the Utah job? Maybe he didn't like his personnel.

I am also not sure that fixes our offense. Murray is definitely a step up, but don't we end up with the same issues using Capela?
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:15 am
Wolvesfan21 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:59 am
Papalrep wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:02 am Trent Tucker on KFAN - KAT for Trae Young
Gross. If he wasn't a super duper trash defender I might consider it. He is like a slightly better DLO.
Trent Tucker seems like a really nice guy. But I’m so glad I don’t have to listen to him anymore on Wolves broadcasts. He’s simply not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I’ll disagree with you a bit in that I see Trae Young as far above what you termed a “slightly better DLO.” I get where you’re coming from, but Trae is a big-time offensive star. One problem with him, as you noted, is that he’s a poor defender. Another issue is that I don’t see him fitting well with Ant. Trae is far too ball dominant to mesh well with Ant. That was part of why Trae hasn’t measured well with D Murray.
I see Trae as better on offense by a good bit, not a ton, but even worse on defense (hard to do). Slightly better then DLO overall, But I don't think it's that much to be honest. Now especially with a elite defensively oriented team, you get just one terrible defender and that's all you'll see in the playoffs is teams picking on him constantly. Which makes the entire great defense basically a moot point. It'd make the team much worse IMO. To have a great defense you can't have weak links.

Now elite offense can still beat elite defense as we saw with Luka. But I think he played even above his level by a bit and by a ton in game 5. I think if we played 100 games he has a quite a bit more clunkers in there, like game 4. He played great so give him his flowers. Pulling up from the logo and draining a shot. You just can't do anything about that. Luke and Kyrie hit shots, our stars (mostly KAT didn't). That was really the bottom line of the series.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:17 pm
Lipoli390 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:15 am
Wolvesfan21 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:59 am

Gross. If he wasn't a super duper trash defender I might consider it. He is like a slightly better DLO.
Trent Tucker seems like a really nice guy. But I’m so glad I don’t have to listen to him anymore on Wolves broadcasts. He’s simply not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I’ll disagree with you a bit in that I see Trae Young as far above what you termed a “slightly better DLO.” I get where you’re coming from, but Trae is a big-time offensive star. One problem with him, as you noted, is that he’s a poor defender. Another issue is that I don’t see him fitting well with Ant. Trae is far too ball dominant to mesh well with Ant. That was part of why Trae hasn’t measured well with D Murray.
I see Trae as better on offense by a good bit, not a ton, but even worse on defense (hard to do). Slightly better then DLO overall, But I don't think it's that much to be honest. Now especially with a elite defensively oriented team, you get just one terrible defender and that's all you'll see in the playoffs is teams picking on him constantly. Which makes the entire great defense basically a moot point. It'd make the team much worse IMO. To have a great defense you can't have weak links.

Now elite offense can still beat elite defense as we saw with Luka. But I think he played even above his level by a bit and by a ton in game 5. I think if we played 100 games he has a quite a bit more clunkers in there, like game 4. He played great so give him his flowers. Pulling up from the logo and draining a shot. You just can't do anything about that. Luke and Kyrie hit shots, our stars (mostly KAT didn't). That was really the bottom line of the series.
Dallas also played some great defense. Gafford and Lively were really good around the rim and like we've been saying, Kyrie and Luka more than held their own.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

I would consider a KAT for Trae or Dejonte, but at the end of the day I'd probably choose to run it back. Watching Trae throw 10 lobs a game to Gobert would be cathartic to watch after witnessing it done to us all game every game by Luka. Naz is the guy I would prefer to move the most if anyone, love the guy but we know his warts and his value right now is by far the highest it's ever been.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

One last thing on Trae, there is a 16:45 youtube video of all of Young's clutch baskets and includes some game winner buzzer beaters in the playoffs. One of our biggest problems is making clutch baskets down the stretch, and at least at this point in time Ant isn't good at that.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

I saw someone put out a Kat for Markkannen and Sexton trade. It's interesting in who do you deal between Kat and Rudy if you even do. I like the Gobert for Murray and Capela deal.

How long can we realistically keep all these contracts? I love Conley but he is getting up there. Feels like will be a big offseason here either way
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

What is the current status of Ben Simmons? He had back surgery? Brain surgery?