Around the League - '23-24 Season

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BloopOracle

Re: Around the League - '23-24 Season

Post by BloopOracle »

OKC goes down, we win tomorrow night and we are in the finals guaranteed!!!
davemang

Post by davemang »

BloopOracle wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:42 pm OKC goes down, we win tomorrow night and we are in the finals guaranteed!!!
What a crazy game. Both fanbases gotta be pulling their hair out over Tony Brothers and that 4th quarter lol. Win tomorrow and we're back to having home court!
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

davemang wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:49 pm
BloopOracle wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:42 pm OKC goes down, we win tomorrow night and we are in the finals guaranteed!!!
What a crazy game. Both fanbases gotta be pulling their hair out over Tony Brothers and that 4th quarter lol. Win tomorrow and we're back to having home court!
I forget which Thunder player it was, but he drove to the hoop and a) hit the bottom of the backboard with his shot, followed by the ball then b) ricocheting off his back and out of bounds. Brothers was right there and called it off Dallas. What!?

Yeah, if we win tomorrow I'd rather play Dallas for all sorts of reasons. Good result.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Pretty funny Shai season ends with a foul against the opposition.

Man I hope we can find a way to win tomorrow.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Jester1534 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:00 pm Pretty funny Shai season ends with a foul against the opposition.

Man I hope we can find a way to win tomorrow.
I was having the same thought. Funny to be an OKC fan blaming the refs after getting a friendly whistle all year.
davemang

Post by davemang »

Ugh that Indy Boston game made me sad. Reminded me of the wolves going against a big market in years past.Tony brothers classic where the ft disparity is unreal. Pacers had 3 free throws in regulation, Celtics had 23. Also reminded me of past wolves because despite the refs they had the game locked up and pissed it away.

Boston looks really bad at times and Tatum had a good game overall, but built a brick house in the 4th and has to be carried by holiday and brown.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

davemang wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:34 pm Ugh that Indy Boston game made me sad. Reminded me of the wolves going against a big market in years past.Tony brothers classic where the ft disparity is unreal. Pacers had 3 free throws in regulation, Celtics had 23. Also reminded me of past wolves because despite the refs they had the game locked up and pissed it away.

Boston looks really bad at times and Tatum had a good game overall, but built a brick house in the 4th and has to be carried by holiday and brown.
Boston seems so damn reliant on the 3-point shot. I was shocked at how quick of a trigger Al Horford had last night. He attempted 12 3's! That doesn't seem like a sustainable strategy deep into a series when legs start getting tired.

Assuming they get by Indiana, Boston is going to get a rude awakening when they play Dallas or the Wolves. That was a playground game last night. It was fun to watch for sure, but Boston is going to come into the Finals as a pretty soft team.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

I didn't watch much of the game but it sure looked like Boston did a better job containing Luka, Kyrie, and the ally-oop brothers than the Wolves did. Anyone see anything they did differently in terms of scheme? Or may be their individual defenders were just flat-out better than ours.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Q-is-here wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:22 am I didn't watch much of the game but it sure looked like Boston did a better job containing Luka, Kyrie, and the ally-oop brothers than the Wolves did. Anyone see anything they did differently in terms of scheme? Or may be their individual defenders were just flat-out better than ours.
I'm curious about the same thing. How does an elite passer like Luka with some athletic guys who love to dunk end up with only one assist...especially against a team not known for its rim protection?

That aside, while I usually cheer for the team that dispatched us, I'm all about Boston in this one. Luka's smirk in our series really made me dislike him, and I am looking forward to watching him cry and whine as they go down 4-1.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Ewww