Paul George

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Porckchop

Paul George

Post by Porckchop »

Is there scenario where Kat could be gone for draft assets and that money could be used to go after Paul George?

Connelly
Ant
George
Naz
Gobert

That’s a title contending team
rapsuperstar31

Re: Paul George

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

I don't believe a 2nd tax apron can do a sign and trade so we couldn't trade Kat for George in a sign and trade. If we traded Kat for strictly draft picks we would still be a few million over the base salary cap, so we would still have to send out near matching salary for George.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:30 am I don't believe a 2nd tax apron can do a sign and trade so we couldn't trade Kat for George in a sign and trade. If we traded Kat for strictly draft picks we would still be a few million over the base salary cap, so we would still have to send out near matching salary for George.
This is correct. PG is a free agent so the wolves have no way to acquire him at the moment outside him signing for the vet min
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Porckchop wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:19 am Is there scenario where Kat could be gone for draft assets and that money could be used to go after Paul George?

Connelly
Ant
George
Naz
Gobert

Just removing Kat salary does not give us cap space. Wolves are at 193 mil in salary (not including cap holds) of you remove Kat 50 mil in salary wolves would be at 143 mil and the cap is 141 mil. So still no cap space for the wolves
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

kekgeek wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:43 am
Porckchop wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:19 am Is there scenario where Kat could be gone for draft assets and that money could be used to go after Paul George?

Connelly
Ant
George
Naz
Gobert

Just removing Kat salary does not give us cap space. Wolves are at 193 mil in salary (not including cap holds) of you remove Kat 50 mil in salary wolves would be at 143 mil and the cap is 141 mil. So still no cap space for the wolves
That’s right. Trading KAT or Rudy for picks and substantially less salary in return would restore our ability to use the MLE on a free agent. We could potentially sign a really good role player with the MLE, but it’s unlikely we’d sign anyone nearly as good ad KAT or Rudy.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

Connelly
Ant
George
Naz
Gobert

After getting that nice boost in his contract, I don't know if Tim is going to want to leave the GM position to be the starting PG for the Wolves

How's his jumpshot?
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

ItsJustSoSab wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:31 pm

Connelly
Ant
George
Naz
Gobert

After getting that nice boost in his contract, I don't know if Tim is going to want to leave the GM position to be the starting PG for the Wolves

How's his jumpshot?
Oopsies.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Porckchop wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:44 pm
ItsJustSoSab wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:31 pm

Connelly
Ant
George
Naz
Gobert

How's his jumpshot?
Oopsies.
:lol: I didn't get it at first - but now I see what he did there :lol: