Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

2024 offseason moves

Post by kekgeek »

Caruso for Giddy is the first domino of the offseason
KiwiMatt

Re: 2024 offseason moves

Post by KiwiMatt »

kekgeek wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:10 pm Caruso for Giddy is the first domino of the offseason
I think both teams get better with this trade. It also shows that the Bulls have no faith in Lonzo Ball ever playing for them again.

Caruso is a better fit with OKC than Giddey. Does this push SGA to PG full time?
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

OKC just got better. This is why simply running it back won't work. We have to get better, and if we're not, we're falling behind.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:49 pm OKC just got better. This is why simply running it back won't work. We have to get better, and if we're not, we're falling behind.
OKC can create 33.7 million in cap space as well to either sign someone who can rebound or trade for one.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:02 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:49 pm OKC just got better. This is why simply running it back won't work. We have to get better, and if we're not, we're falling behind.
OKC can create 33.7 million in cap space as well to either sign someone who can rebound or trade for one.
Yep. I’m thinking Cool is right about this. OKC had the best record in the West. And they are so loaded with very young talent they would have likely improved substantially without making any moves. Acquiring Caruso makes them significantly better on its own. And as you noted, they can improve even more with their flexibility to create substantial cap space or (I’ll add) use all their cap exceptions. Of course, Boston will be at least as good as they were last season.

Cool - I assume your point is that we can’t reasonably expect to improve significantly as we must without trading Rudy, KAT or Naz. If that’s your thinking, I suspect you’re probably right. The next question then is: Which of our three bigs should we trade? In addition: Who are some realistic trade targets we could get in exchange that would result in a significant net improvement? It seems really challenging, but not impossible, to get significantly better by trading one of our three core players. Thoughts?
DNatagal

Post by DNatagal »

KAT to the Suns for Durant is popping up online... that would fix a couple issues.
FNG

Post by FNG »

DNatagal wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:42 pm KAT to the Suns for Durant is popping up online... that would fix a couple issues.
Dammit, D'N...my gal just proposed this trade to me last night, and I mansplained to her why it was not going to happen. And now it's a rumor!

I would actually do this trade straight up. Durant is clearly the better player, but he's also 35 years old and the Suns are unsure about the Booker/Durant/Beal triad. They might think a reunion with Booker could motivate KAT to be even better than he is. And a Rudy/KD/Jaden/Ant/Conley lineup could win a championship.

But the rumored deal is KAT plus 27 and 37. That's too much in my opinion for a 35 year old guy.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Lipoli390 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:36 pm
rapsuperstar31 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:02 pm
Yep. I’m thinking Cool is right about this. OKC had the best record in the West. And they are so loaded with very young talent they would have likely improved substantially without making any moves. Acquiring Caruso makes them significantly better on its own. And as you noted, they can improve even more with their flexibility to create substantial cap space or (I’ll add) use all their cap exceptions. Of course, Boston will be at least as good as they were last season.

Cool - I assume your point is that we can’t reasonably expect to improve significantly as we must without trading Rudy, KAT or Naz. If that’s your thinking, I suspect you’re probably right. The next question then is: Which of our three bigs should we trade? In addition: Who are some realistic trade targets we could get in exchange that would result in a significant net improvement? It seems really challenging, but not impossible, to get significantly better by trading one of our three core players. Thoughts?
Lip, I just spoke in detail about this yesterday on another thread. My conclusion was we shouldn't trade any of the 3 bigs before next year. It's not a perfect plan but feel it's the best we can do for next year's team. I also said we shouldn't extend Rudy, leaving us some flexibility in the next few years. I think our only chance is to keep the top 8 or 9 guys, get organic growth from Ant and Jaden, and hope the playoff experience makes guys like KAT and NAZ better next year. We also need to hit on our draft pick by getting an experienced guy who can play right away. Hopefully we can find our own Jaime Jaquez type player late in the first round.

Like I said it's not a perfect plan. If we are resigned to trading KAT, I'd look to move him for guys like Jaquez, Herro, Franz Wagner, and Jalen Suggs.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

I'd do KAT, #27 and #37 for Durant in a heartbeat

Hell I'd even include Wendell Moore Jr to match salaries :)
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

I pretty positive we can’t do Durant for Kat straight up because as a 2nd apron team we can’t acquire more salary in a trade
Last edited by kekgeek on Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.