Time to talk offseason.

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Carlos Danger

Re: Time to talk offseason.

Post by Carlos Danger »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:36 pm
I can't see anyone willing to give up any asset to acquire Josh Minott. He really doesn't have any value.
Agree. He might have more value to us (the did draft him - so there must be something they see/saw in him). But 3M (Moore, Miller, Minott) are all going to need to compete for spots this year with new draftees coming on board (plus Clark).
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

FNG wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:09 pm The other rumor I heard today involved Buddy Hield. They said the Wolves were one of 3 teams that were very interested in him, and that they thought the price tag in free agency would only be the vet minimum.

While I like the price, I say no. Yes, he is a prolific and often accurate 3-point shooter, but he's too easy to target on defense. I have him in the "unplayable in the playoffs" category. I'm skeptical about this rumor, because he doesn't seem to fit the TC mold.

There’s the old adage: Beggars can’t be choosers. This team desperately needs to add perimeter shooting/offensive firepower off the bench and we don’t have the transactional flexibility to get the sort of player you have in mind. So if we can sign Buddy for the vet minimum we should do it in my view.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Lipoli390 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:47 pm
FNG wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:09 pm The other rumor I heard today involved Buddy Hield. They said the Wolves were one of 3 teams that were very interested in him, and that they thought the price tag in free agency would only be the vet minimum.

While I like the price, I say no. Yes, he is a prolific and often accurate 3-point shooter, but he's too easy to target on defense. I have him in the "unplayable in the playoffs" category. I'm skeptical about this rumor, because he doesn't seem to fit the TC mold.

There’s the old adage: Beggars can’t be choosers. This team desperately needs to add perimeter shooting/offensive firepower off the bench and we don’t have the transactional flexibility to get the sort of player you have in mind. So if we can sign Buddy for the vet minimum we should do it in my view.
Considering NAW was just atrocious on offense this playoffs and a big reason the bench failed us, adding Buddy would at least give Finch some options.

While Monte Morris is a near lock to re-sign, I figure Clark will be re-signed to a 2nd two-way contract. I think there is a good chance JMac could be re-signed, assuming he is not displaced by our #27 pick.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

60WinTim wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:34 am

Considering NAW was just atrocious on offense this playoffs and a big reason the bench failed us, adding Buddy would at least give Finch some options.

While Monte Morris is a near lock to re-sign, I figure Clark will be re-signed to a 2nd two-way contract. I think there is a good chance JMac could be re-signed, assuming he is not displaced by our #27 pick.
I agree. The Wolves can still have roster space for their two picks (27 and 37) after signing Buddy and also re-signing JMac, Morris and So Mo if they simply release Moore.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Being reported today that Eric Gordon is going to decline his player option. He is more than likely washed, but for a cheap deal it's worth considering
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:52 am

I agree. The Wolves can still have roster space for their two picks (27 and 37) after signing Buddy and also re-signing JMac, Morris and So Mo if they simply release Moore.
I’ll be shocked if Moore gets released. I think he is a bum no doubt but because we are in the 2nd apron team ever million we are over the cap is approximately 3 million in real life money to the owners. So Moore will make 2.5 million this year however if we cut him the owners are paying 7.5 million in real life money. Then add a vet min in that spot for 2.75 to replace Moore so that player would cost the owners 8.25 million. So that one roster spot would cost the owners 15.75 million. I just don’t think Taylor or A Rod do that for a guy who will not play more than likely. Moore is a bum but I think he is on roster next year.

Dane Moore and Doogie both think Jmac will not be back and there both team and player want to go their separate ways. They both think Morris will be back.

Slow mo will be interesting for sure.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

kekgeek wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:19 pm

I’ll be shocked if Moore gets released. I think he is a bum no doubt but because we are in the 2nd apron team ever million we are over the cap is approximately 3 million in real life money to the owners. So Moore will make 2.5 million this year however if we cut him the owners are paying 7.5 million in real life money. Then add a vet min in that spot for 2.75 to replace Moore so that player would cost the owners 8.25 million. So that one roster spot would cost the owners 15.75 million. I just don’t think Taylor or A Rod do that for a guy who will not play more than likely. Moore is a bum but I think he is on roster next year.

Dane Moore and Doogie both think Jmac will not be back and there both team and player want to go their separate ways. They both think Morris will be back.

Kek - Is Moore’s contract guaranteed for next season? I was assuming the Wolves had a team option on his contract next season but maybe that’s been exercised already. If not, then they can simply not pick up their option on him and they wouldn’t owe any additional luxury tax. That’s what I was thinking.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:54 pm

Kek - Is Moore’s contract guaranteed for next season? I was assuming the Wolves had a team option on his contract next season but maybe that’s been exercised already. If not, then they can simply not pick up their option on him and they wouldn’t owe any additional luxury tax. That’s what I was thinking.
His 3rd year option was picked up this year. I was sort of shocked when it happened but yep he’s back, unfortunately.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

kekgeek wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:24 pm
Lipoli390 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:54 pm

His 3rd year option was picked up this year. I was sort of shocked when it happened but yep he’s back, unfortunately.
Thanks for the info, kek. That’s definitely a mark against TC, but we’ll see. Maybe we can include Moore with our two picks in a deal to move up a few slots in the draft.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

All from Doogie so take with a grain of salt.

Jmac will not be back, little interest from either side to get a deal done (Dane has also mentioned this)

Garza is acting like he will be back with the wolves, of course a team could blow him away but Garza likes it here and he is working out at the wolves training facility every day.

There is mutual interest for Slow Mo to be back. But slow mo would make closer to 5 million here and could get close to 10 million on the open market.

Connelly wants Morris back.

Lore/Arod have leaked that Glen might not want to pay the lux tax (this I do not believe). Makes no sense why Conley, Connelly and Finch would ask extend if series cost cutting moves are happening