Wendell Moore is gone!

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Phenom

Re: Wendell Moore is gone!

Post by Phenom »

KG4Ever wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:06 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:27 pm
KG4Ever wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:03 pm I'm happy that we dumped Wendell Moore, but he was a negative asset and cost us the 37 pick to get rid of him. We still end up with pick 53, so we might get somebody but it won't be Kolek or Mogbu. I'm hoping that N'Faly is available at 53 and we take him. I also like Freeman. Both are projected as late second rounders. If both of them are gone, I'd be fine with Bronny if he's there.
Do you know that Kolek can't read and scored a 7% on his wunderlich test? Rumors are he isn't going to get drafted.
He's already drafted by Portland early in second round. Portland got a steal!
I think they said the Knicks are getting him.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Phenom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:17 pm
kekgeek wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:13 pm
Phenom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:34 pm Has another Wolves first done less than Wendell? Of course there were no token minutes available for him but he is up there with Paul Grant and Ndudi Ebi.
Justin Patton
Patton helped us get Covington and Saric.
He was salary fodder. Will Avery had one good game filling in as a starter but that was about it. Lots of bad picks in this franchise...
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Monster wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:26 pm

Justin Patton
He was salary fodder. Will Avery had one good game filling in as a starter but that was about it. Lots of bad picks in this franchise...
Well, if we are going back that far, I do believe Paul Grant would rank #1! McHale boo-booed on that one. Only thing I remember was him hitting the side of the backboard on a sideline short jumper...
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Phenom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:34 pm Has another Wolves first done less than Wendell? Of course there were no token minutes available for him but he is up there with Paul Grant and Ndudi Ebi.
Ebi was the worst... as I chronicled here:
viewtopic.php?t=26209&hilit=ebi&start=10

He was so bad... the Wolves tried to change NBA rules to get Ebi a 3rd year in the D-League. They cut him outright before his rookie deal was even up after it was denied.

Even though he was only 21 years old... no other NBA team thought he was worth a roster spot.

What made it worse was that this was in the middle of the Joe Smith penalty. He was the team's only 1st round pick in that 5-year stretch. The Wolves really needed him to pan out as a serviceable pro. Kendrick Perkins, Leonadro Barbosa, and Josh Howard went with the next three picks. Oops.

What made that even worse... is that most pre-draft mocks had Josh Howard going to MN. He was NBA ready. He made 29 starts as a rookie for a 52-win team and was a full-time starter in year 2 on a 58-win team.
Last edited by AbeVigodaLive on Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Justin Patton
I still believe Jimmy Butler was negative value. Patton was a buoy!
Monster

Post by Monster »

:P
Phenom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:43 pm

I still believe Jimmy Butler was negative value. Patton was a buoy!
Lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

Denver paid three 2nds to get rid of Reggie Jackson.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Monster wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:03 pm Denver paid three 2nds to get rid of Reggie Jackson.
After moving Reggie Jackson (assuming no salary is coming back), the Nuggets are:

$1.4M under the tax
$8.7M under the first apron
$19.5M under the second apron

So the Nuggets are in a much different situation than the Wolves. Moving Jackson’s guaranteed $5.5 million salary moves then under the luxury tax threshold, but more importantly it positions them sign free agents without exceeding the 2nd apron and perhaps without exceeding the 1st apron. So trading Jackson will yield HUGE transactional benefits for the Nuggets by allowing them to sign a high caliber free agent and avoid the severe strictures of the 2nd apron and possibly avoid the strictures of the 1st apron.

In contrast, the Wolves are over the 2nd apron with or without Moore’s $2.5 million salary. So giving away picks to trade him rather than just waiving him to open up a roster spot provides no transactional benefits. If we simply waived Moore it would cost the Wolves an extra $2.5 million plus some additional luxury tax payment, but that total would be trivial relative to the Wolves $192 million payroll and $85 million in luxury tax payments. That suggests there might be something else behind these deals. Maybe the second apron prohibits waiving players while keeping them on the payroll. Or maybe the Wolves are getting some future 2nd round picks.

Then again, maybe they just didn’t want to pay a dime more to keep their 2nd round pick. I get it.

At the end of the day, it’s not a big deal. What matters is how well Dillingham and Shannon Jr. perform and develop. The development of Minott, Miller and Clark is also a significant variable as it would be nice of one of those three could be in a position to help the team next season or the season after next.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Lipoli390 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:02 am
Monster wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:03 pm Denver paid three 2nds to get rid of Reggie Jackson.
After moving Reggie Jackson (assuming no salary is coming back), the Nuggets are:

$1.4M under the tax

So the Nuggets are in a much different situation than the Wolves. Moving Jackson’s guaranteed $5.5 million salary moves then under the luxury tax threshold, but more importantly it positions them sign free agents without exceeding the 2nd apron and perhaps without exceeding the 1st apron. So trading Jackson will yield HUGE transactional benefits for the Nuggets by allowing them to sign a high caliber free agent and avoid the severe strictures of the 2nd apron and possibly avoid the strictures of the 1st apron.

In contrast, the Wolves are over the 2nd apron with or without Moore’s $2.5 million salary. So giving away picks to trade him rather than just waiving him to open up a roster spot provides no transactional benefits. If we simply waived Moore it would cost the Wolves an extra $2.5 million plus some additional luxury tax payment, but that total would be trivial relative to the Wolves $192 million payroll and $85 million in luxury tax payments. That suggests there might be something else behind these deals. Maybe the second apron prohibits waiving players while keeping them on the payroll. Or maybe the Wolves are getting some future 2nd round picks.

Then again, maybe they just didn’t want to pay a dime more to keep their 2nd round pick. I get it.

At the end of the day, it’s not a big deal. What matters is how well Dillingham and Shannon Jr. perform and develop. The development of Minott, Miller and Clark is also a significant variable as it would be nice of one of those three could be in a position to help the team next season or the season after next.
I believe Denver is only under the cap if KCP opts out and leaves, which it sounds like is going to happen. Denver has said they wont get into a bidding war to retain KCP. Unless Denver does the Paul George trade, they are going to be a worse team next season.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:13 am
Lipoli390 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:02 am

$1.4M under the tax

I believe Denver is only under the cap if KCP opts out and leaves, which it sounds like is going to happen. Denver has said they wont get into a bidding war to retain KCP. Unless Denver does the Paul George trade, they are going to be a worse team next season.
Ya. They are going to lose KCP also. So is the guy/guys they can get for the MLE going to be better than the combo of KCP and Jackson? That I’m not sure on. Also Aaron Gordon is going to be getting a pay jump in the near future, they could be in financial hell like the wolves real soon and the nuggets owner is cheap. (He cares about the broncos). So are these KCP/Jackson moves about getting better or are they salary cutting moves to keep the owner under the lux tax line