Anthony Edwards - Greatest Timberwolf

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: Anthony Edwards - Greatest Timberwolf

Post by thedoper »

Maybe he will end up being a knucklehead like Wilt?
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:00 pm
kekgeek wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:27 pm Welp. News of Ant having another secret baby mama came out today. 3 girls pregnant at the age of 23.
This is my biggest fear with Ant, that he turns out to be a complete knucklehead a la Shawn Kemp. Three girls pregnant is 2 too many for being 23 years old. I know it probably got I rolls when I said it, but I really wonder what he was doing during the playoffs to get himself so worn out during the 3rd round. Had to be burning the candle at both ends. I also wonder if he isn't listening to anybody from the coaches, veterans, or even Adidas. They all had to have had this talk with him in one form or another. I think this is terrible news about his professionalism and character. I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but this is a red flag and you wonder whether he's ever going to get it. Don't tell me this doesn't have anything to do with him on the court. Bullshit it don't. The thought of what we might be able to get for him crossed my mind just now for the first time since he's been here. Just didn't need this news, and yet I'm not surprised by it one iota.
If he's having these children now, that means he was wilding out during the offseason not during the season.

and no it doesn't matter unless you were hoping and praying you could look up to Ant, which I hope at this stage of your life you'd be past this point.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:15 pm
kekgeek wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:27 pm Welp. News of Ant having another secret baby mama came out today. 3 girls pregnant at the age of 23.
This is my biggest fear with Ant, that he turns out to be a complete knucklehead a la Shawn Kemp. Three girls pregnant is 2 too many for being 23 years old. I know it probably got I rolls when I said it, but I really wonder what he was doing during the playoffs to get himself so worn out during the 3rd round. Had to be burning the candle at both ends. I also wonder if he isn't listening to anybody from the coaches, veterans, or even Adidas. They all had to have had this talk with him in one form or another. I think this is terrible news about his professionalism and character. I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but this is a red flag and you wonder whether he's ever going to get it. Don't tell me this doesn't have anything to do with him on the court. Bullshit it don't. The thought of what we might be able to get for him crossed my mind just now for the first time since he's been here. Just didn't need this news, and yet I'm not surprised by it one iota.
If he's having these children now, that means he was wilding out during the offseason not during the season.

and no it doesn't matter unless you were hoping and praying you could look up to Ant, which I hope at this stage of your life you'd be past this point.
Seriously? If you would oblige me, read this:

https://vault.si.com/vault/1998/05/04/p ... nsequences
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Certainly not ideal. Hopefully the 3 recent pregnancies will make him change his approach.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:39 pm

I've read this before. Ultimately, that falls on Ant and the support group he has around him. As fans, we're not in that group. All we can worry about is how he plays on the court. Off the court, would I pull him aside and urge him to move differently? Sure, but it's not up to me. There are destructive things he could do that would affect his ability to do his job, whether it be drugs or violence or something illegal. Him having 3 kids at the age of 23 is irresponsible (from a time standpoint, financially he should be able to take care of em) and not something I'd sign up for, but he's on a team where everyone seems to be a dad now, so hopefully he at least handles that part of his life correctly.

I've seen too many Wolves who were squeaky clean guys, model citizens, and good hearted people who we couldn't wait to get rid of because they fell short on the court. I'd even lump KAT in that category to an extent. I can't nitpick off the court indiscretions until they affect the team and whatever Ant did last summer or fall sure as hell didn't affect us this season. One day, we may run Ant outta town. This won't be anywhere near a factor as to why.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:01 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:39 pm

I've read this before. Ultimately, that falls on Ant and the support group he has around him. As fans, we're not in that group. All we can worry about is how he plays on the court. Off the court, would I pull him aside and urge him to move differently? Sure, but it's not up to me. There are destructive things he could do that would affect his ability to do his job, whether it be drugs or violence or something illegal. Him having 3 kids at the age of 23 is irresponsible (from a time standpoint, financially he should be able to take care of em) and not something I'd sign up for, but he's on a team where everyone seems to be a dad now, so hopefully he at least handles that part of his life correctly.

I've seen too many Wolves who were squeaky clean guys, model citizens, and good hearted people who we couldn't wait to get rid of because they fell short on the court. I'd even lump KAT in that category to an extent. I can't nitpick off the court indiscretions until they affect the team and whatever Ant did last summer or fall sure as hell didn't affect us this season. One day, we may run Ant outta town. This won't be anywhere near a factor as to why.
I guess that's one thing the article makes clear - It can have a devastating affect on on-court performance.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

One thing that relieves but also worries me is the fact that he doesn't drink alcohol whatsoever. Bodes well for his career, but at the same time it's like what's your excuse then for not pulling out bro?