Joe ingles to the wolves!

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Joe ingles to the wolves!

Post by kekgeek »

Free agent F Joe Ingles has agreed on a one-year deal to join the Minnesota Timberwolves, sources tell ESPN. Ingles reunites with his old Jazz teammates Rudy Gobert and Mike Conley Jr.
60WinTim

Re: Joe ingles to the wolves!

Post by 60WinTim »

Nice to see this deal get done. He may not play much, but it’s great to have insurance on the bench that can hit a damn shot!
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

I like this. Veteran, familiar, safety net pickup!
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Yes!!!!
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

He might be even slower than Kyle Anderson.

But for those clamoring for more three point shooters deep off the bench... that's about all Ingles does nowadays. Still a solid passer, too.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:12 pm He might be even slower than Kyle Anderson.

But for those clamoring for more three point shooters deep off the bench... that's about all Ingles does nowadays. Still a solid passer, too.
That's right. He can still shoot, pass, and dribble. I think Minott and Shannon will get every opportunity to snag some backup SF minutes, but Ingles is a nice insurance policy that can still play. He's never had a negative net rating.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Hey! Conley is not longer our oldest player!!! Joe is 9 days older...
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

One underrated aspect of Joe is his toughness and edge. He doesn't take shit and will back his teammates up.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I think Kyle Anderson might still be a better player than Ingles but Ingles fits better offensively. He is basically helps as a PG type at a different position like Anderson but a different style. He likely isn't the defender Anderson is but is an excellent 3 point shooter. His 2 point shooting tanked last year but he isn't exactly here to score a whole lot.

It's also great to have another legit vet and like Cool said Ingles has some toughness to him but he also has a good vibe about him and is a good teammate. Doesn't hurt he has history with Gobert and Conley. Putting Ingles with a young 2nd unit would give a floor spacer good decision maker etc. He is gonna play some minutes most nights unless young guys really take away his minutes. He played a role last year in Orlando he will play here.

As much as I liked Anderson I also really like Ingles and letting Anderson go while getting a small chance at improving a 2nd round draft selection plus some cash and signing Ingles for the vet min and a really small chance of using a trade exceptions in the future...I'm really liking what Connelly is doing here. With this addition getting a PG isn't absolutely necessary although getting one with the last roster spot makes sense. They can wait things out though if needed.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Monster, I can guarantee you Slomo is a better all-around player than Joe at this point in their careers. But Joe is a good fit and we are lucky to have him.