Wolves SL Game 4 v Rockets

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Wolves SL Game 4 v Rockets

Post by Lipoli390 »

The Wolves are up by 7 (46-39) at halftime. My guy Leonard Miller is dominating! :)
KG4Ever

Re: Wolves SL Game 4 v Rockets

Post by KG4Ever »

Lipoli390 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:14 pm The Wolves are up by 7 (46-39) at halftime. My guy Leonard Miller is dominating! :)
He's my guy! I've been positive on Lenny when the rest of this board dissed him and you bashed him too, before you saw the light. At least you admit your mistake, kek, Cool and the other Lenny bashers are still in denial. I am looking forward to the rest of you coming to your senses.

Nix looking good too. Kalschauer is the new sensation since HIFI is gone.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

TSJ hasn't scored this game, although, he has played just 7 minutes. Is he hurt?
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

KG4Ever wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:38 pm TSJ hasn't scored this game, although, he has played just 7 minutes. Is he hurt?

PS: Heard he has toe injury and is out rest of game.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Lenny has 5 steals, 5 assists in addition to 11 boards and 21 points. And Miller was best player last game. But Miller has gotten an unbelievable amount of hate and bashing from this board except from astute observers like Carlos and Sundog. I'm glad Lip is now a Miller fan and I'm still his biggest fan. But some of you rockheads need to wake the fk up. :D
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I don’t know, Lip’s Miller post was dripping with sarcasm…
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Yes...Shannon had a toe injury.

Actually think they just shut him down to get a look at some other players
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Leado01 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:59 am Yes...Shannon had a toe injury.

Actually think they just shut him down to get a look at some other players
Ya I’ll be surprised if Shannon plays another game in SL. Who knows if they make the SL semi but I still would be shocked
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Watched the game this morning....

- They really put the screws on Sheppard, the golden boy of Houston's SL team. He came around a bit in the second half, but ended up needing 19 shots to score 20 points and coughed the ball up *9* times! It reminds me of how the A-team took certain matchups personally, like in the playoffs where a combination of guys just dogged Jamal Murray and wore him down.

- The all-so-familiar problem of shooting was once again evident. So many bricks and open 3s missed.

- Nix with another good game, but man can he be sloppy out there. 4 TOs and 6 fouls. We have to understand that if he ends up playing PG for the A-team, he isn't the safe pair of hands that Morris or JMac were. And that's evident if you look at his past NBA minutes. He has a pretty poor assist:turnover ratio historically.

- This was probably MIller and Minott's best games. Both were disruptive out there in a good way. Minott needs to just stop putting the ball on the floor from the perimeter. It almost always leads to a missed shot or turnover.

- Dillingham continues to struggle. I promised myself that I wouldn't get too uptight about his summer league play, but it is disappointing to see him struggle to make shots in literally every game he's played. And he's been a disaster around the rim. I like his ability to chase down loose balls and he made some nice finds in this game.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Q-is-here wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:50 am Watched the game this morning....

- They really put the screws on Sheppard, the golden boy of Houston's SL team. He came around a bit in the second half, but ended up needing 19 shots to score 20 points and coughed the ball up *9* times! It reminds me of how the A-team took certain matchups personally, like in the playoffs where a combination of guys just dogged Jamal Murray and wore him down.

- The all-so-familiar problem of shooting was once again evident. So many bricks and open 3s missed.

- Nix with another good game, but man can he be sloppy out there. 4 TOs and 6 fouls. We have to understand that if he ends up playing PG for the A-team, he isn't the safe pair of hands that Morris or JMac were. And that's evident if you look at his past NBA minutes. He has a pretty poor assist:turnover ratio historically.

- This was probably MIller and Minott's best games. Both were disruptive out there in a good way. Minott needs to just stop putting the ball on the floor from the perimeter. It almost always leads to a missed shot or turnover.

- Dillingham continues to struggle. I promised myself that I wouldn't get too uptight about his summer league play, but it is disappointing to see him struggle to make shots in literally every game he's played. And he's been a disaster around the rim. I like his ability to chase down loose balls and he made some nice finds in this game.
I'd say the only real concern I have with Dillingham is finishing a the rim and maybe defense a bit although we can hide that playing with our great defenders. He may have to rely on more of a floater game as he gets close to the hoop at first. It would have been nice to see Rob shoot better, but plenty of players shot terribly in summer and had great careers so I'm not too worried. You get 4 months off after March Madness, practice for a week in a new system with new players and go play summer league. We are asking Rob to be a distributor and his passing looked very solid at times, if the Wolves had anyone that could make an open outside shot when passed the ball Dillingham would have averaged 10 assists in the summer. That lob dunk to Miller was fantastic, and I want to see a lot of that in the regular season. Rob will struggle early, but hopefully by the time we get to the playoffs Rob finds his spots and will be effective. In a year or two when he's put on some muscle he will become better at the rim, and figure out how to draw the fouls.