GDT - Wolves Final Summer League Game

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
FNG

Re: GDT - Wolves Final Summer League Game

Post by FNG »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:26 pm So far 11 replies and they’re all mine! :)
Somebody help this guy out! I don't have nba tv so I can't add much. Nice to see big games from Rob and Miller though.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

We can't get you to post during the playoffs but give you summer league and you perform your own thread. :D Seriously, program your inner voice to not make definitive statements about players during a SL consolation game. You have all of training camp to tell us how great Minott is and make judgements on the likes of Miller and Edwards.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Love seeing a great scoring game by Rob,,,25 points on efficient shooting!

Also nice to see 19 assists from Rob and Nix. Their 11 turnovers...not so much.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

12 assists by Rob, could have easily had 18-20 on some of his passes where the player either missed the shot, got fouled or made a second pass.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:06 pm We can't get you to post during the playoffs but give you summer league and you perform your own thread. :D Seriously, program your inner voice to not make definitive statements about players during a SL consolation game. You have all of training camp to tell us how great Minott is and make judgements on the likes of Miller and Edwards.
:lol: Come on, Cool! You know game threads are all about definitive statements!. And at least I was in the game. Where were you? Just chirping from stands again while I went to battle for the entire forum! :).

Seriously, it was a fun game to watch. I took the dog out for a walk at halftime and had to come back to watch the replay. Miller, Minott and Dilly were the only Wolves players who looked like they could play in an NBA rotation. Of those three Dilly was the one who clearly stood out. Channing Frye was the NBA-TV commentator and he kept raving about Dilly. He praised Dilly’s instinct for making the right play. He also praised his ability to get where he wants on the court (something Crawford and John Wall also praised). When asked how about how to extrapolate Dilly’s play to the NBA, Frye said the key is that Dilly “does it with such ease.” He said he considers Dilly the steal of the draft.

As for Miller and Minott, we’ll see. I’m not prepared to seriously declare that either one is going to be a net-positive rotation player for the Wolves next season - or even make the rotation. Having said that, Minott’s defense continued to be outstanding today and he’s showing he can do some other things. His shooting and handle have improved. Miller’s getting there. He’s physically weak and that will hurt him at the next level, but like Dilly, he’s so young he’s bound to add significant muscle weight in the next few years. Nix on a two-way still makes sense, but his flaws have become increasingly apparent as summer league has progressed.

All in all, a very nice summer league for the Wolves and a fun game today.
Last edited by Lipoli390 on Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Just sitting down to watch
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:47 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:06 pm We can't get you to post during the playoffs but give you summer league and you perform your own thread. :D Seriously, program your inner voice to not make definitive statements about players during a SL consolation game. You have all of training camp to tell us how great Minott is and make judgements on the likes of Miller and Edwards.
:lol: Come on, Cool! You know game threads are all about definitive statements!. And at least I was in the game. Where were you? Just chirping from stands again while I went to battle for the entire forum! :).

Seriously, it was a fun game to watch. I took the dog out for a walk at halftime and had to come back to watch the replay. Miller, Minott and Dilly were the only Wolves players who looked like they could play in an NBA rotation. Of those three Dilly was the one who clearly stood out. Brevin Knight was the NBA-TV commentator and he kept raving about Dilly. He praised Dilly’s instinct for making the right play. He also praised his ability to get where he wants on the court (something Crawford and John Wall also praised). When asked how about how to extrapolate Dilly’s play to the NBA, Knight said the key is that Dilly “does it with such ease.” He said he considers Dilly the steal of the draft.

As for Miller and Minott, we’ll see. I’m not prepared to seriously declare that either one is going to be a net-positive rotation player for the Wolves next season - or even make the rotation. Having said that, Minott’s defense continued to be outstanding today and he’s showing he can do some other things. His shooting and handle have improved. Miller’s getting there. He’s physically weak and that will hurt him at the next level, but like Dilly, he’s so young he’s bound to add significant muscle weight in the next few years. Nix on a two-way still makes sense, but his flaws have become increasingly apparent as summer league has progressed.

Sorry my man, just need to keep you grounded once in a while :P I enjoyed your commentary throughout SL and hope you will bring the same enthusiasm to the regular season. I'm not as into the end of the roster as maybe you and Monster, but I'm always looking for the guys who are going to emerge. I think we are going to be just fine as we chase a ring next year before some serious decisions have to be made. I'm trying not to wish the summer away waiting for next season, but it should be a lot of fun.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:47 pm
Lipoli390 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:47 pm

Seriously, it was a fun game to watch. I took the dog out for a walk at halftime and had to come back to watch the replay. Miller, Minott and Dilly were the only Wolves players who looked like they could play in an NBA rotation. Of those three Dilly was the one who clearly stood out. Brevin Knight was the NBA-TV commentator and he kept raving about Dilly. He praised Dilly’s instinct for making the right play. He also praised his ability to get where he wants on the court (something Crawford and John Wall also praised). When asked how about how to extrapolate Dilly’s play to the NBA, Knight said the key is that Dilly “does it with such ease.” He said he considers Dilly the steal of the draft.

Sorry my man, just need to keep you grounded once in a while :P I enjoyed your commentary throughout SL and hope you will bring the same enthusiasm to the regular season. I'm not as into the end of the roster as maybe you and Monster, but I'm always looking for the guys who are going to emerge. I think we are going to be just fine as we chase a ring next year before some serious decisions have to be made. I'm trying not to wish the summer away waiting for next season, but it should be a lot of fun.
No apology necessary, Cool. I loved your post. I was actually thinking what you wrote as I was posting. 🙂
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

For all the hand-wringing over Minott and Miller they both look like players I'm more than comfortable having at the end of the bench.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Leado01 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:44 am For all the hand-wringing over Minott and Miller they both look like players I'm more than comfortable having at the end of the bench.
:lol: I don't think it's "hand-wringing" though. There just isn't much else to talk about until camp starts. I've written it before and I'll write it again. I appreciate guys keeping this forum going during the slow times. If it ends up being 20 pages of Leonard Miller and Josh Minott - so be it. At least they are contributing something!

And hats off to Lip for literally carrying the last Summer game thread on his back without any help!