Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Olympic basketball thread

Post by Monster »

kekgeek wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:02 pm
FNG wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:03 pm
kekgeek wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:05 am Wemby being special
Rudy has been great
Kek, I didn't see the game, but am wondering what you saw in Rudy that you liked. He was only 6 and 3 with 2 blocks. Was he involved in a lot of "neverminds"?
Typical Rudy game. Played great perimeter defense, so many contested shots at the rim, his passing was actually great today. And then he lost the ball multiple times when he put the ball on the ground
In terms of looking just at the box score Rudy played less than 19 minutes to get those stats (7 points made all 3 shots) plus 3 turnovers. There were less than 60 rebounds the entire game (57) and Rudy played less than half of it to get his 3. He played some of his minutes next to Wemby who grabbed 9 rebounds which is almost a 6th of all the rebounds in the game. Was the defense good? Idk but Brazil managed to score just 66 points.

I'm honestly probably more interested in what some guys like Fournier or Frank'N look like in these games because I already know what Gobert can do.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Monster wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:49 pm
kekgeek wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:02 pm
FNG wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:03 pm

Kek, I didn't see the game, but am wondering what you saw in Rudy that you liked. He was only 6 and 3 with 2 blocks. Was he involved in a lot of "neverminds"?
Typical Rudy game. Played great perimeter defense, so many contested shots at the rim, his passing was actually great today. And then he lost the ball multiple times when he put the ball on the ground
In terms of looking just at the box score Rudy played less than 19 minutes to get those stats (7 points made all 3 shots) plus 3 turnovers. There were less than 60 rebounds the entire game (57) and Rudy played less than half of it to get his 3. He played some of his minutes next to Wemby who grabbed 9 rebounds which is almost a 6th of all the rebounds in the game. Was the defense good? Idk but Brazil managed to score just 66 points.

I'm honestly probably more interested in what some guys like Fournier or Frank'N look like in these games because I already know what Gobert can do.
Fournier looked washed in my opinion. Nilikina I thought was Frances best guard. For a guy who has watch a lot of France basketball these last few years, the team runs so much through Wemby now what is a difference from the Rudy PnR offense. I will say that Wemby Rudy PnR is dirty
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Gobert has sucked so far.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

France might really blow this game to Japan.

The whole team has fallen apart, even Wemby.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

The guy I worry about a bit is NAW. His 3-point shot has been pretty bad dating back to the NBA Playoffs and it appears to have carried over to the Olympics.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q-is-here wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:12 pm The guy I worry about a bit is NAW. His 3-point shot has been pretty bad dating back to the NBA Playoffs and it appears to have carried over to the Olympics.
He is definitely a guy I thought could regress in terms of 3 point percentage this season. However it's worth noting it's unlikely he completely drops off in terms of being able to hit them at some sort of acceptable rate. He has only had one season 21-22 where he shot under 34% from 3. He took a higher number of his 3's from the corners last season and hit almost 47% of them. He probably won't replicate that and on the other hand he probably shoots better on non-corner 3's.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Monster wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:20 am
Q-is-here wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:12 pm The guy I worry about a bit is NAW. His 3-point shot has been pretty bad dating back to the NBA Playoffs and it appears to have carried over to the Olympics.
He is definitely a guy I thought could regress in terms of 3 point percentage this season. However it's worth noting it's unlikely he completely drops off in terms of being able to hit them at some sort of acceptable rate. He has only had one season 21-22 where he shot under 34% from 3. He took a higher number of his 3's from the corners last season and hit almost 47% of them. He probably won't replicate that and on the other hand he probably shoots better on non-corner 3's.
Another interesting aspect is our dependency on NAW this year. Last year he was crucial, as he was part of our top-3 bench players, along with NAZ and SloMo. The 9th man, whether it was JMac, Shake or Monte, didn't get anywhere near the the minutes per game those first 3 got. Enter this year, we lose SloMo and all those 9th men, but we gain Shannon, Ingles, Rob and Dozier, plus the Minott and Miller (assuming they are not in Iowa). So not only do we have the question of who fills the SloMo/9th man vacancies, but how will their minutes be distributed?

For arguments sake, say it's Rob and Shannon replacing SloMo and the 9th man. Does Rob continue to get 9th man minutes? Or does he earn more minutes, thus taking minutes away from someone else. If NAW's 3-point shooting woes continue into next season, he might be the one winding up with the 9th man minutes. Especially if Rob and Shannon integrate quickly as the season unfolds.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

60WinTim wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:59 am
Monster wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:20 am
Another interesting aspect is our dependency on NAW this year. Last year he was crucial, as he was part of our top-3 bench players, along with NAZ and SloMo. The 9th man, whether it was JMac, Shake or Monte, didn't get anywhere near the the minutes per game those first 3 got. Enter this year, we lose SloMo and all those 9th men, but we gain Shannon, Ingles, Rob and Dozier, plus the Minott and Miller (assuming they are not in Iowa). So not only do we have the question of who fills the SloMo/9th man vacancies, but how will their minutes be distributed?

For arguments sake, say it's Rob and Shannon replacing SloMo and the 9th man. Does Rob continue to get 9th man minutes? Or does he earn more minutes, thus taking minutes away from someone else. If NAW's 3-point shooting woes continue into next season, he might be the one winding up with the 9th man minutes. Especially if Rob and Shannon integrate quickly as the season unfolds.
As much as I worry about NAW's shot, I have a really hard time seeing two rookies squeeze him a bunch in terms of playing time. I'm just as concerned about Shannon's 3-pt shot as NAW's, although I do think he has more in his bag as an overall scorer.

What is more likely to happen is that Conley sits out a lot more regular season games, either due to rest or legit injuries. I think NAW will start for him in those cases and that retains playing time for him even if Rob and Shannon are playing really well.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Ant playing elite defense today
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

kekgeek wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:33 pm Ant playing elite defense today
What a great experience for Ant. Him having to come off the bench as a key role player for Team USA with a bunch of more established stars ahead of him seems like the perfect thing for him at this stage in his superstar maturation process.

Although I do find it funny how Kerr is having to twist himself into a pretzel to placate Tatum, whereas the youngest player on the squad (Ant) has a set role and could probably start over Booker if Kerr wasn't also trying to placate him!