Derrick Rose released

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Porckchop

Derrick Rose released

Post by Porckchop »

Would he be good insurance in case Conley goes down? While taking on a mentoring role for Willingham? A 36 year old Conley proved to have a lot left in the tank which doesn’t make it unreasonable to think a 35 year old Rose has a bit left to offer. Between him and Conley what better pair to impart wisdom on to our rookie with raw talent and untapped potential.
Q-is-here

Re: Derrick Rose released

Post by Q-is-here »

No thank you. I've said it before, but I view NAW as the backup starting PG. He isn't a pure PG, but he's a pretty secure pair of hands and he knows his role. Ant would take on more play making duties even though NAW would be the guy bringing the ball up. Then a guy like Shannon would help backfill NAW's minutes on the wing.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

I side with Q on this one. We've got NAW and Ant and you've got a couple of facilitating pg's in the G-League that are as capable of managing the offense and playing tough D as Rose at this point.

Rose was sooo athletic early in his career as a primary scorer. He lost a lot of that athleticism when he came back from the injury, but the last 2 years he's just looked slow.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

I'd rather Ant or even Nix play point before NAW. Wish we had better backup point guard options until Dilly is capable of being a positive player. Point guard is the toughest position for a rookie to excel, so my expectations are pretty tempered about Dilly this year. If Conley went down, I'd look to see who is available in free agency as there are some capable ones including Markelle Fultz and Dennis Smith.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Frankly Shannon played PG and SG at Illinois.

They have options
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Monster

Post by Monster »

Do we even know if Rose wants to keep playing? If he does want to keep playing then his offensive stats last year after a down year were pretty solid. Idk if he can defend at all nowdays. At this point I would be waiting to see if I could get one of the other FA options to sign here. I don't know why Rose would leave Memphis to come here and basically ride the bench. I haven't watched him enough to know if he can still play or not. Last year he probably would have helped the Wolves at times because they needed a guy as a guard that could go get a bucket.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

In Britt's first article of his conversation with Finch, they talked about running out a big lineup that includes NAZ, KAT and Rudy. Joe Ingles was tossed in as the PG in that lineup... Just sayin'!
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Leado01 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:54 pm Frankly Shannon played PG and SG at Illinois.

They have options
Rudy at point is an option too, but also not a good one. Probably quite a few NBA players played point at some point in their career. I think even Leonard Miller was a guard (not sure if it was point) before a growth spurt. But I never want to see TSJ at point guard. His biggest concern for me is loose handles and carelessness with the ball. He had one game where he threw several bad passes and was lucky some of the them caromed to a teammate or he would have had a lot of turnovers. His assists in college were low and were just 0.1 more than his turnovers.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

60WinTim wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:50 pm In Britt's first article of his conversation with Finch, they talked about running out a big lineup that includes NAZ, KAT and Rudy. Joe Ingles was tossed in as the PG in that lineup... Just sayin'!
I think its fun for Finchy to talk about a hypothetical big lineup, but I don't think he really contemplates doing so unless a special situation were to dictate it.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Derrick Rose just retired. Also, another veteran option would be John Wall who is a free agent.