Vikings vs Texans

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Monster

Re: Vikings vs Texans

Post by Monster »

Q-is-here wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:19 pm
Monster wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:08 pm
Q-is-here wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:21 am

It's an interesting situation with Darnold for sure. Is it that every single puzzle piece around him is so damn good (coaching, system, receivers, O-line, running game) that even a generic backup QB would thrive OR has he legit improved into a starting-caliber QB? Your thought on Mullens would suggest it's the former.
I’m not surprised Darnolds is doing well although I figured the team would have stumbled in one of these 3 games. I’m a Mullins fan but Darnold is significantly more physically talented especially moving in the pocket and getting yard downfield. Nick Mullens has rushed for 22 yard his entire career with zero TDs. Darnold has 35 yard this season. In his fist season with Carolina he had 5 rushing tds. He had a nice start to that season in general before McCaffrey got hurt and if I remember correctly some other players around him also missed time.

At this point the Vikings really benefited on D with this offseason. Quite frankly they are currently better at every level of that defense right now. The only thing that’s really the same is safeties. This was another game they looked like they kinda broke the opposing QB.
Yeah, it's funny how the defense gradually deteriorated under Zimmer, who was known as a defensive guy, and here we are now with a younger guru (Flores) doing great things. It seems like the game passed by Zimmer. Now he's struggling in Dallas.
The Vikings really whiffed on a bunch of defensive draft picks especially at CB for a few years and also spent some higher picks on offense instead of defense.

I read an article about Zimmer and the Cowboys defense and one point was made was the DT spot wasn't good but then there was at least one injury and the guys they signed including Linval Joseph weren't helping. There was some legit talent drain there too. It's not looking good and I saw there was a couple people that said the players there don't really fit what Zimmer wants to do. I don't know those players well enough to say. Assistant coaches matter too. Does he have really good people there? Looking at Dallas staff I saw that Shariff Floyd had been there and followed Dan Quinn to the Commanders.

I lost some respect for Zimmer recently in the way he went after people talking about his split with the Vikings. He basically showed some of the reports about him from back then that were negative...were true. Yey he was right about Kellan Mond. Congratulations. A big reason the Vikings didn't win with Cousins was a couple years the defense was pretty bad and unless he is gonna pin all those poor defensive draft picks on Spielman then he needs to shut up. A defensive guy like him should have been able to put together a better D than that even if Cousins was getting paid a lot. At this point he sounds like an angry old man that can't let go. I'm sure it was tough losing his son a couple years ago.
Monster

Re: Vikings vs Texans

Post by Monster »

Also... Andrew Booth started at CB for the Cowboys last night...that's not good.