Wolves traded Kat

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: Wolves traded Kat

Post by kekgeek »

Torn on this trade. I will say the wolves have created max cap space in the 2026 offseason with Randle, Rudy, Conley, and Naz all coming off the books.

Wolves also now have a draft pick they are eligible to trade in the pistons pick and if the pick is not conveyed this year. The wolves can trade their pick or the pistons pick in 2026
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Monster wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:41 pm
WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:35 pm
Monster wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:24 pm I'm a fan of both guys to some extent but really look up Towns and Randle's stats. It's not like we are getting some stiff back for Towns. Randle is really productive. He has his issues but Towns does too.

To me the Wolves basically traded a SG version of a PF for a guy that's more of a PG type of PF. That might be useful especially with Dillingham and Naz on the roster. Now Dillingham can play with another guy that can play with the ball in his hands and create. Randle is way better at creating for other than Towns. D'Vincenzo as a shooter helps losing Towns plus he can do some playmaking as well.
The reason why Randle's a stiff is because his negative qualities will suck the life out of you. Randle's an ISO player, so the plays we wanna run for Ant are the same plays he expects run for him as well. They're gonna clash. Now, when it comes to shooting outside, Randle's gonna shoot as much as he likes, which we wanted KAT to do more of, but Randle will shoot even when he's cold which takes everyone else out of the play. When he's off, he's surly. He has rabbit ears so if the fans get on him, he'll let you have it, and the fans will definitely be on his case if he's in the way of the 2nd most popular Wolf. Most of all, he's playing for a contract he knows he won't get here, so what's his motivation to help us? He has none outside of a new deal from someone else.
What Randle does is flawed but he isn't some terrible player. Randle might fit here better. I could see him fitting what Finch wants to do in some ways. Towns wasn't exactly a super awesome ball mover himself. Both guys are kinda weird in their own way but Randle does have the physic of a tougher player.
I'm not saying he's a terrible player, but he's a terrible fit short term.

There's too many instances where Randle just doesn't try, so all his physicality is wasted if he doesn't utilize it.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:02 pm
WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:35 pm

The reason why Randle's a stiff is because his negative qualities will suck the life out of you. Randle's an ISO player, so the plays we wanna run for Ant are the same plays he expects run for him as well. They're gonna clash. Now, when it comes to shooting outside, Randle's gonna shoot as much as he likes, which we wanted KAT to do more of, but Randle will shoot even when he's cold which takes everyone else out of the play. When he's off, he's surly. He has rabbit ears so if the fans get on him, he'll let you have it, and the fans will definitely be on his case if he's in the way of the 2nd most popular Wolf. Most of all, he's playing for a contract he knows he won't get here, so what's his motivation to help us? He has none outside of a new deal from someone else.
What Randle does is flawed but he isn't some terrible player. Randle might fit here better. I could see him fitting what Finch wants to do in some ways. Towns wasn't exactly a super awesome ball mover himself. Both guys are kinda weird in their own way but Randle does have the physic of a tougher player.

There's too many instances where Randle just doesn't try, so all his physicality is wasted if he doesn't utilize it.
And yet Randle has been voted all NBA as many times as Towns. Randle is a pretty good basketball player. It's not like Towns was the perfect fit either. Meanwhile adding D'Vincenzo is a pretty big upgrade on the perimeter.

Edit: Towns is a really good 3 point shooter but he only took about 5 a game. Why not more?
Last edited by Monster on Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Who starts at PF? Randle or Naz?

How do Rob and Shannon fit in if you already have Conley, NAW, Ant and Donte?

A lot of things to shake out. It makes me wonder if another move might be in the works!
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:15 pm Who starts at PF? Randle or Naz?

A lot of things to shake out. It makes me wonder if another move might be in the works!
I think they will be able to rest Conley and Ingles more now. Having a guy like Donte will make it easier to mix in some young guys with him on the floor.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Monster wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:20 pm

I think they will be able to rest Conley and Ingles more now. Having a guy like Donte will make it easier to mix in some young guys with him on the floor.
So does Donte wind up bumping NAW out of the rotation? Especially if Rob is finding some success with limited minutes at PG?
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Monster wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:12 pm
WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:02 pm

And yet Randle has been voted all NBA as many times as Towns. Randle is a pretty good basketball player. It's not like Towns was the perfect fit either. Meanwhile adding D'Vincenzo is a pretty big upgrade on the perimeter.

Edit: Towns is a really good 3 point shooter but he only took about 5 a game. Why not more?
As someone who has watched Randle here, I'm telling you. When it's bad with him, it affects everyone. It's a short term move no matter what. Naz Reid is the 2nd most popular Wolf. With Randle here it's easier for us not to be attached to him and want him benched in favor of Naz.

The DiVincenzo acquisition I don't hate. I'd love to see the DDV that was in NY instead of the one we saw in Milwaukee, Sacramento and Golden State.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

60WinTim wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:22 pm
Monster wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:20 pm

So does Donte wind up bumping NAW out of the rotation? Especially if Rob is finding some success with limited minutes at PG?
Donte has been in 4 places now, he's okay but nothing to get excited about. NAW is going to play a lot because of his defense.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:40 pm The team belongs to Ant, Jaden, and NAZ. I love KAT the person a lot more than KAT the player. We will be okay.
No, we will never win a title. Naz is overrated and Jaden is a nice 4th option. Loser TC has traded away our assets.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

KG4Ever wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:30 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:40 pm The team belongs to Ant, Jaden, and NAZ. I love KAT the person a lot more than KAT the player. We will be okay.
No, we will never win a title. Naz is overrated and Jaden is a nice 4th option. Loser TC has traded away our assets.
You mean like Dlo and Vando?