. . . which skill would you add, and to whom?
For me, hands down it's a Jaylen Clark 3-point shot.
If he could knock that shot down consistently and keep defenses honest, he'd be more valuable than Kuminga or Shannon, IMO.
His defense is just so damn good. I think he's legitimately a star on that side of the ball. Put him, Jaden, and Rudy out there and we'd have a great defense for sure. If he were able to hit the 3, he'd be a perfect role player to complement all our other guys.
I've seen videos of him shooting it a lot this summer, though I don't want to get my hopes up.
Still, I think if you give him that one skill, we instantly have an answer for all sorts of guys like Shai, Harper, Brunson, Maxey, Reeves, Tyrese, Steph, Murray, and so on. In my view, adding that level of defense in that role could be almost as good as having a star offensive player because he's essentially like a counter or a blanket to those guys.
So, what do you guys think? If you could add one skill to one Wolf, what skill would you add and to whom?
If you could add one skill to one of our players . . .
- SameOldNudityDrew
- Posts: 3235
- Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:00 am
- Coolbreeze44
- Posts: 14516
- Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 am
Re: If you could add one skill to one of our players . . .
I have two for you Drew, one is a skill and one is a desire. I'd like to see Jaden add aggressive rebounder to his skill list, and Ant to desire to get out and run for easy baskets for himself and teammates.
Re: If you could add one skill to one of our players . . .
Good suggestions, Drew and Cool. I'll double down on Cool's "desire" thought about Ant, and add consistent effort on defense. He's going to continue to be the straw that stirs the drink, and we will go a long way in the playoffs if he became Kawhi-like on defense. He has the athleticism and the size.
Here's a greedy one for you. We still don't know what Berenger's ceiling is and how he is going to develop. Can you imagine what it would do for this team if he could become a league average 3-point shooter?
Here's a greedy one for you. We still don't know what Berenger's ceiling is and how he is going to develop. Can you imagine what it would do for this team if he could become a league average 3-point shooter?
Re: If you could add one skill to one of our players . . .
Drew and FNG, You guys got the skill right - 3-point shooting - but how could you not select Rudy as the recipient of that skill!?! That would be such a massive boost to the offense.
On Clark, he's not an elite defender yet. He's close, but the discipline and fouling is still an issue against #1 type guys. So adding a 3-point shot would be great of course, but it wouldn't have the same impact as adding it to our starting Center.
Same with Joan....I don't even know if he's a good defender, even though in theory he has a high ceiling. Him adding a 3-point shot would be awesome, but we don't even know if he can stay in the game for 20 minutes without fouling out.
On Clark, he's not an elite defender yet. He's close, but the discipline and fouling is still an issue against #1 type guys. So adding a 3-point shot would be great of course, but it wouldn't have the same impact as adding it to our starting Center.
Same with Joan....I don't even know if he's a good defender, even though in theory he has a high ceiling. Him adding a 3-point shot would be awesome, but we don't even know if he can stay in the game for 20 minutes without fouling out.
Re: If you could add one skill to one of our players . . .
Yep Q Rudy with a 3 point shot would be a total game changer. I'll add that Clark might already have the 3 point shot he isn't that far off I would use this one someone that doesn't have that skill at all like Rudy. Using it on Joan might make sense but we don't know for sure what skills he has or doesn't have. I do feel skeptical about him having a 3 point shot but he is still pretty young and sounds like a hard worker etc so we will see.Q-is-here wrote: ↑Tue Sep 22, 2026 8:45 pm Drew and FNG, You guys got the skill right - 3-point shooting - but how could you not select Rudy as the recipient of that skill!?! That would be such a massive boost to the offense.
On Clark, he's not an elite defender yet. He's close, but the discipline and fouling is still an issue against #1 type guys. So adding a 3-point shot would be great of course, but it wouldn't have the same impact as adding it to our starting Center.
Same with Joan....I don't even know if he's a good defender, even though in theory he has a high ceiling. Him adding a 3-point shot would be awesome, but we don't even know if he can stay in the game for 20 minutes without fouling out.
Also gotta add that Rudy becoming a 3 point shooter would be worth it simply for entertainment purposes. Lol
Re: If you could add one skill to one of our players . . .
Rudy adding a 3 was the first thought that crossed my mind. But then when I considered he is nearing the end of his career, my choice slid down to Beringer...Monster wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:35 amYep Q Rudy with a 3 point shot would be a total game changer. I'll add that Clark might already have the 3 point shot he isn't that far off I would use this one someone that doesn't have that skill at all like Rudy. Using it on Joan might make sense but we don't know for sure what skills he has or doesn't have. I do feel skeptical about him having a 3 point shot but he is still pretty young and sounds like a hard worker etc so we will see.Q-is-here wrote: ↑Tue Sep 22, 2026 8:45 pm Drew and FNG, You guys got the skill right - 3-point shooting - but how could you not select Rudy as the recipient of that skill!?! That would be such a massive boost to the offense.
On Clark, he's not an elite defender yet. He's close, but the discipline and fouling is still an issue against #1 type guys. So adding a 3-point shot would be great of course, but it wouldn't have the same impact as adding it to our starting Center.
Same with Joan....I don't even know if he's a good defender, even though in theory he has a high ceiling. Him adding a 3-point shot would be awesome, but we don't even know if he can stay in the game for 20 minutes without fouling out.
Also gotta add that Rudy becoming a 3 point shooter would be worth it simply for entertainment purposes. Lol
Re: If you could add one skill to one of our players . . .
That makes sense. I guess I wasn't comfortable just assuming he's going to be a plus-defender and it's really hard to win in the NBA without a Center that is solid defensively, no matter how good he is on the other side.60WinTim wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 8:48 amRudy adding a 3 was the first thought that crossed my mind. But then when I considered he is nearing the end of his career, my choice slid down to Beringer...Monster wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:35 amYep Q Rudy with a 3 point shot would be a total game changer. I'll add that Clark might already have the 3 point shot he isn't that far off I would use this one someone that doesn't have that skill at all like Rudy. Using it on Joan might make sense but we don't know for sure what skills he has or doesn't have. I do feel skeptical about him having a 3 point shot but he is still pretty young and sounds like a hard worker etc so we will see.Q-is-here wrote: ↑Tue Sep 22, 2026 8:45 pm Drew and FNG, You guys got the skill right - 3-point shooting - but how could you not select Rudy as the recipient of that skill!?! That would be such a massive boost to the offense.
On Clark, he's not an elite defender yet. He's close, but the discipline and fouling is still an issue against #1 type guys. So adding a 3-point shot would be great of course, but it wouldn't have the same impact as adding it to our starting Center.
Same with Joan....I don't even know if he's a good defender, even though in theory he has a high ceiling. Him adding a 3-point shot would be awesome, but we don't even know if he can stay in the game for 20 minutes without fouling out.
Also gotta add that Rudy becoming a 3 point shooter would be worth it simply for entertainment purposes. Lol
Re: If you could add one skill to one of our players . . .
If Rudy had a 3 point shot he would be playing till he was like 43. His trade value if Beringer was ready would be thru the roof!!!Q-is-here wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:05 amThat makes sense. I guess I wasn't comfortable just assuming he's going to be a plus-defender and it's really hard to win in the NBA without a Center that is solid defensively, no matter how good he is on the other side.60WinTim wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 8:48 amRudy adding a 3 was the first thought that crossed my mind. But then when I considered he is nearing the end of his career, my choice slid down to Beringer...Monster wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:35 am
Yep Q Rudy with a 3 point shot would be a total game changer. I'll add that Clark might already have the 3 point shot he isn't that far off I would use this one someone that doesn't have that skill at all like Rudy. Using it on Joan might make sense but we don't know for sure what skills he has or doesn't have. I do feel skeptical about him having a 3 point shot but he is still pretty young and sounds like a hard worker etc so we will see.
Also gotta add that Rudy becoming a 3 point shooter would be worth it simply for entertainment purposes. Lol
Re: If you could add one skill to one of our players . . .
I'm not sure if this is considered a skill, but I'm going with our best player Anthony Edwards:
'Consistent Defensive Effort'. Or could be considered 'Better Physical and Mental Stamina'
'Consistent Defensive Effort'. Or could be considered 'Better Physical and Mental Stamina'