Salute to TC

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Post Reply
User avatar
Coolbreeze44
Posts: 14516
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 am

Salute to TC

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I think we have to give it up to Connelly for the way he orchestrated this offseason. The draft pick will take a while to play out, but I liked the pick. But what he did outside the draft was outstanding. We not only got in my opinion significantly better, but all of a sudden we have youth throughout the roster. And a lot of that youth has experience already deep in the playoffs. I must say it was a master class in GM work for a team that had limited assets. I don't know about you but I think our window is wide open for the next 5 years.
User avatar
Monster
Posts: 25162
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:00 am

Re: Salute to TC

Post by Monster »

Cool I have to agree with you and I think there were a lot of really good transactions all along the way to arrive at a really young intriguing roster. I feel like the more in learn about Kuminga the more I'm buying in on him signing here and it's gonna be a good thing not a disaster. I think it's still worthwhile to have reasonable expectations but yeah.

Like you said this is a young roster but it also has a lot of playoff experience. I think my biggest concern is health because the 2 biggest additions Ball and Kuminga have some legit injury history. If those guys can stay reasonably healthy that's a big plus for them obviously especially Ball. TJ staying healthy is kinda important too especially if there are injuries to other guys. It feels like there are multiple players that are reasonably young that can really raise the floor and ceiling of this team both this year any beyond. I don't feel like this roster is locked into anything.

I also think this roster in more built in a way that might be the most like Finch actually wants the team to play since he has started coaching here. it's gonna be interesting to see how it all plays out.
User avatar
Lipoli390
Posts: 17499
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 am

Re: Salute to TC

Post by Lipoli390 »

I agree, Cool. I’ve liked and disliked various moves TC has made during his multi-year tenure here. In the aggregate, I thought he was doing relatively well before this offseason season. But I think TC took his game to another level this summer. A masterful job by TC this summer making the team better and younger at the same time. I agree that TC has set this team up really well to be a contender for the next five years. That extended runway is key to winning a championship because the more times you knock on the door the better your chances of getting through.
Post Reply