Twins playing games that matter: Regular season

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Re: Twins playing games that matter: Regular season

Post by Monster »

I don't hold out much hope for Santiago at this point and I believe he can probably still be the guy he was much of his career. I just don't think at this point in the season as long as he has been out and he just can't seem to get over whatever he has bothering him. It seems like he is actually a pretty good dude I see he comes on the sports shows here and there.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Buxton hurt his hand. How much time will he miss?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Buxton hurt his hand. How much time will he miss?

I saw that in the brief bit of the game I watched. He seemed to hurt it while fouling off an 0 - 2 pitch... before tapping a single up the middle.

Damn it.

If he was still a guaranteed K victim down 0 - 2 in the count this never would have happened.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I saw that in the brief bit of the game I watched. He seemed to hurt it while fouling off an 0 - 2 pitch... before tapping a single up the middle.

Damn it.

If he was still a guaranteed K victim down 0 - 2 in the count this never would have happened.

Sounds like it's just a contusion so he will basically be fine. Whew.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

belisle Has no business being our closer
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Damn it.

Sounds like it's just a contusion so he will basically be fine. Whew.

Still think salvaging those 0 - 2 counts are something he should avoid...
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

I thought I let everyone know management did put a claim on Justin Upton but because angles have a worse record they got the clakim. This scares me about Sano that his shin might be more hurt then there letting on. Yet upton would've been a good DH here. I can't believe we are just going with what we got, I believe in the New managament but remember the guys playing right now are not there guys. Actually half of them are Bill Smith guys and the other half Terry Ryan guys.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

So what about Park? Whatever happened to him?
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:So what about Park? Whatever happened to him?

Last I heard there working on a buyout for him so he can go back to the KBO were he's a God
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Jester1534 wrote:I thought I let everyone know management did put a claim on Justin Upton but because angles have a worse record they got the clakim. This scares me about Sano that his shin might be more hurt then there letting on. Yet upton would've been a good DH here. I can't believe we are just going with what we got, I believe in the New managament but remember the guys playing right now are not there guys. Actually half of them are Bill Smith guys and the other half Terry Ryan guys.

Thx for that info on Upton, jester...I assumed we put in a claim, but it's good to hear the young Pohlads are willing to spend. I'm not happy that the Angels got him...he's going to help that sorry offense a lot. I was feeling pretty good about our chances before the Upton deal, but now I'm worried about the Angels again...as well as the Orioles. On the positve side though, the Yankees are slumping and no longer a lock for the WC...only a game ahead of us for the first spot.

The key obviously is to keep winning, and yesterday's come from behind win was big. Adrianza got us going in the 9th, and Dozier and Rosario came up big before Kepler took one for the team. Nice win! Now we get the Royals who have "TBD" scheduled to pitch both Saturday and Sunday...he must have a rubber arm :).