Dozier Rumors

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Re: Dozier Rumors

Post by Monster »

My question about Dozier is he a vet guy that will help lead this team if he stays? I'm not saying he will but one of the huge problems with this team for all these years is it's had a severe lack of leadership. My brother was saying last weekend he thinks Dozier might be one of the leaders of the team and took that on and last year at the beginning it was part of why he was struggling because he was putting too much pressure on himself and the team struggled also. It's an interesting theory and it comes from a fan who watches most of the games.

I think Suzuki was a leader but he didn't quite have enough game defensively to really lead enough on the field. If Castro can be a better leader while making a much higher impact as a catcher in basically every phase that could be huge and I can see why some Twins fans really wanted him despite some stats not looking that exciting.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Hunter surely was a leader. Not sure if Dozier is. I think the way this team turns around is if Buxton lights it up and becomes a leader and Berrios pitches like he did in the minors. We will see.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Hunter surely was a leader. Not sure if Dozier is. I think the way this team turns around is if Buxton lights it up and becomes a leader and Berrios pitches like he did in the minors. We will see.

Yep and now Hunter and Cuddyer guys who clearly were leaders are back with the organization. In the book "Intagiballs" Lance Berkman said you need a leader from the relief pitchers the starting pichers at least one vet position player in addition to the really good player that's a leader. That seems about right and it's hard to come up with those guys the last few years for the Twins and I think Cuddyer leaving was a part of the decline in that area and I for one didn't exactly see that coming.

Looks like Dozier is staying here. Dodgers trade for 2B from Rays.

http://www.1500espn.com/twins-2/2017/01/dozier-staying-put-dodgers-trade-jose-de-leon-another-second-baseman/
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Looks like Dozier is staying here. Dodgers trade for 2B from Rays.

http://www.1500espn.com/twins-2/2017/01/dozier-staying-put-dodgers-trade-jose-de-leon-another-second-baseman/

I'd rather see the Twins hold onto Dozier for too long than trade him for basically one prospect that HAS to turn out to win the trade. I want him to stay but I realize trading him makes a ton of sense...if you get something really good in return. The reports of a trade probably won't completely cease but Unless something we comes up I can't see him going anywhere.

I am with you. We need another 1st prospect for him to make it worth it.

Here is what we trade Chuck Knoblauch for Brian Buchanan, Cristian Guzman, Eric Milton, Danny Mota and cash (February 6, 1998).
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I am with you. We need another 1st prospect for him to make it worth it.

Here is what we trade Chuck Knoblauch for Brian Buchanan, Cristian Guzman, Eric Milton, Danny Mota and cash (February 6, 1998).

Yeah I think it was Souhan and Smalley that pointed out that haul and Smalley actually said he thinks Dozier is more valuable now than Knoblauch was.

Here is an interesting article that my brother sent me tonight.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.twinkietown.com/platform/amp/2017/1/25/14390602/minnesota-twins-brian-dozier-advantages-of-a-less-insular-front-office?client=safari

I am fine with not trading him for what the dodgers were offering. I just hope he comes out and hits the cover off the ball. If Dozier, Sano, and Buxton hit from the start this team will be dangerous.