Twins playing games that matter: Regular season

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Re: Twins playing games that matter: Regular season

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:Geez, Buxton with a huge game! This kid is turning into a two-way star.

KAT and Wiggins, are you paying attention!?

I always thought it was a matter of time. It may be coming sooner than I expected. 3 HR today and I kept wondering if on one them they skipped back in the game and replayed it again. Lol
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

monsterpile wrote:
Q12543 wrote:Geez, Buxton with a huge game! This kid is turning into a two-way star.

KAT and Wiggins, are you paying attention!?

I always thought it was a matter of time. It may be coming sooner than I expected. 3 HR today and I kept wondering if on one them they skipped back in the game and replayed it again. Lol

Ha, I was watching the game with the sound off, and also thought I was watching replays on homers 2 and 3....had to turn the sound on twice to find out they weren't replays. Buxton looks so confident at the plate right now and is really raking. A friend at the Vikings game tried to diminish this hot streak by saying he did the same thing last season. But his September surge was against a lot of call ups, while he has faced real major leaguers this month. I"m going tomorrow night and can't wait to see our young trio (Polanco, Rosario and Buxton) Mollie is batting 3-5 in Sano's absence...these kids have really stepped up.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Just thought I put a little note on the Royals they haven't scored a run in 4 games of baseball, that's crazy! Also when it comes to Byron, I'm a big proponent of guy succeeds at every level you just need to give him time and he will figure out. Buxton has succeded at every level baseball he's ever played in but the MLB and like great players do you give them time and they will eventually figure it out.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Jester1534 wrote: I'm a big proponent of guy succeeds at every level you just need to give him time and he will figure out. Buxton has succeded at every level baseball he's ever played in but the MLB and like great players do you give them time and they will eventually figure it out.

Agreed - This seemed to be the first level he ever had a taste of struggling. Glad to see him putting it together.
Monster

Post by Monster »

KC run differential is now -58.Twins run differential is now sitting at -28 so they are still defying the odds but it's a little less ridiculous than a few weeks ago. The Dodgers are +219 and the Padres have scored a total of 498 runs this season. Lol It's amazing it has taken Cleveland this long to sorta pull away. They are 3nd in differential in all of baseball at +149.

Fun night at the ballpark last night. Santana was reasonably effective and Polanco continues to sparkle at the plate and in the field...what a play he made in the hole! Buxton is locked in and just missed another 2 homers...loving the young core hitting 3-5 and the eventual return of Sano just makes our lineup that much better.

A few WC contenders are dropping out of contention, but the Angels and red-hot Orioles remain in hot pursuit...just gotta keep winning. One bit of good news...Hector Santiago had a successful (although short) rehab outing last night. He's a veteran with a lifetime 4.00 ERA, and he could really help us in September if healthy.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:Fun night at the ballpark last night. Santana was reasonably effective and Polanco continues to sparkle at the plate and in the field...what a play he made in the hole! Buxton is locked in and just missed another 2 homers...loving the young core hitting 3-5 and the eventual return of Sano just makes our lineup that much better.

A few WC contenders are dropping out of contention, but the Angels and red-hot Orioles remain in hot pursuit...just gotta keep winning. One bit of good news...Hector Santiago had a successful (although short) rehab outing last night. He's a veteran with a lifetime 4.00 ERA, and he could really help us in September if healthy.

One thing when you look at the Twins lineup right now you see guys that you think can hit any given night. The only real question mark is the 9th guy which last night was Gimenez and if that's your worst hitter I will take that.

Polonco is going bonkers. This team is fun to watch.

Belisle was making me nervous but they got through it.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Big night for the boys tonight it looks like the Indians are going to double dip the Yankees tonight

A couple updates on pitching help in the minors...two bad, one good:

I talked about Hector Santiago yesterday and suggested he could help us in September. I was way off. Apparently both his velocity and command were not very good two nights ago, and he is far from ready. Similarly board favorite Stephen Gonsalves appears to have hit a wall, as he has been hit hard in two of his past three outings...doesn't appear we will see him this month either.

On the other hand, forgotten man Mejia (at least by me) was sharp at Rochester last night pitching 3 scoreless innings. Maybe he is healthy enough to pitch down the stretch.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

longstrangetrip wrote:A couple updates on pitching help in the minors...two bad, one good:

I talked about Hector Santiago yesterday and suggested he could help us in September. I was way off. Apparently both his velocity and command were not very good two nights ago, and he is far from ready. Similarly board favorite Stephen Gonsalves appears to have hit a wall, as he has been hit hard in two of his past three outings...doesn't appear we will see him this month either.

On the other hand, forgotten man Mejia (at least by me) was sharp at Rochester last night pitching 3 scoreless innings. Maybe he is healthy enough to pitch down the stretch.

I think mejia has plus stuff he just can't locate at a major league level right now, if he could ever figure out I think he can became a reliable starter.