Twins playing games that matter: Regular season

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Re: Twins playing games that matter: Regular season

Post by Monster »

Good info on Sano and Rosario Jester. Thinking about it more the approach the Twins took early on was to give young players every chance they could. So I would think they are gonna keep them as long as they can unless they get blown away by an offer.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I watched Thursdayband FridayMs games. Sucks to lose a game to a division team with santana going.

I thought Gibson actually looked solid. He continues to look more confident and goes back and gets to work instead of just falling apart completely.

Hughes pitched well.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

It's time to go young with the starting pithing. Jorge was excellent tonight and could've easily gone 6 but mollie pulled him early.

Stephen Gonsalves is sitting down in double A with a 2.63 era. What's scary is he got blowin up his first two starts of the year he could be under 2 if it wasn't for his first two starts.

Fernando Romero has 2.96 era and probably has the most electric stuff of the three. 97-98 mph fastball with a filthy slider.

My point is let's stop fooling around with our starters sends these kids into the fire and see what happens because it can't get any worse than it already has.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:It's time to go young with the starting pithing. Jorge was excellent tonight and could've easily gone 6 but mollie pulled him early.

Stephen Gonsalves is sitting down in double A with a 2.63 era. What's scary is he got blowin up his first two starts of the year he could be under 2 if it wasn't for his first two starts.

Fernando Romero has 2.96 era and probably has the most electric stuff of the three. 97-98 mph fastball with a filthy slider.

My point is let's stop fooling around with our starters sends these kids into the fire and see what happens because it can't get any worse than it already has.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens somewhat soon. I think they are gonna see is Gibson can show something 1 way or another and they are probably going to give Santiago a few starts since he was hurt. It's getting to be far enough along in the season those young guys have had some time in the minors and may be ready.

Not the best series against KC. Those gold letter Royals unis KC was wearing a couple days ago were really sweet. They should wear those all the time.

The Twins need to have another bounce back stretch.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Gibson continues to look serviceable. I read an article tonight about his new approach. If he can just be a sub 5 era guy that will help a lot even if he doesn't go 6 innings. He also had a strikeout pitch hit 95 today.

It feels like Adrianza has been a bit of a disappointment as a defensive wizard but he has been a bit of a pleasant surprise with the bat and getting steals.

Buxton had a good day. I didn't watch close enough to see if he is doing the stuff he is supposed to be doing at the plate if he could come around to be a little below average as a hitter that would be something. We will see but going 3/4 is a good step.

They mentioned during the broadcast the name game video with Eduardo Escobar. There are 3 of them Position players, pitchers and coaches. HILARIOUS. I'm not sure how much of the time he is joking and how much of it he really doesn't know a guy's name. I had a friend in college that was terrible with names. I hung out with him for at least a month before he remembered my name. He had nicknames for everyone. He is a youth soccer coach now and I bet his players have some nicknames. Lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

I just watched last night's game. Man it was too bad they could have scored a couple more runs.

Hey Buxton has hit some the last few games. Is he even kinda figuring it out?

I'm enjoying watching Santana pitch. I would think they would need a really good offer to move him right now. He could be god for a couple more years and this team may have shown enough to think they could be a real playoff team during that time. Why trade for the future when you may actually have some shot at being a winner now? I have doubts there will be any teams willing to part with enough to get Santana. I'll be selfish I just like watxhing the guy and I bet it has some positive effects up and down the roster.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:I just watched last night's game. Man it was too bad they could have scored a couple more runs.

I'm enjoying watching Santana pitch. I would think they would need a really good offer to move him right now. He could be god for a couple more years and this team may have shown enough to think they could be a real playoff team during that time. Why trade for the future when you may actually have some shot at being a winner now? I have doubts there will be any teams willing to part with enough to get Santana. I'll be selfish I just like watxhing the guy and I bet it has some positive effects up and down the roster.

Man it's a good spot to be in. It just depends on how the next 3 weeks of baseball goes. Right now we're 0.5 games back of the wild card and game and half from the division, but if we get to 4-5 games out I think they have to explore the possibility. Remember in 2010 when Lirano went 14-10 with like a 3.6 Era. We didn't trade him at his peak and he ended up never coming close to that again for us. I feel the same way about Santana now I love watching him pitch but I just don't think he's going to be able keep it up the next couple years cause the track record isn't there, It night just be his career year in a above average career. I just keep thinking that probably has a worth 3 of teams top 10 prospects right now.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:I just watched last night's game. Man it was too bad they could have scored a couple more runs.

Man it's a good spot to be in. It just depends on how the next 3 weeks of baseball goes. Right now we're 0.5 games back of the wild card and game and half from the division, but if we get to 4-5 games out I think they have to explore the possibility. Remember in 2010 when Lirano went 14-10 with like a 3.6 Era. We didn't trade him at his peak and he ended up never coming close to that again for us. I feel the same way about Santana now I love watching him pitch but I just don't think he's going to be able keep it up the next couple years cause the track record isn't there, It night just be his career year in a above average career. I just keep thinking that probably has a worth 3 of teams top 10 prospects right now.

The Twins got Escobar for Liriano! Lol Honestly that looks like a pretty good deal he has been a plenty worthwhile player and I remember there were reports a couple years that other teams were wanting to trade for him. Trading starting pitching is always a little tricky espcially when you have a guy that can be a top of the rotation guy for a good team.

I'm certainly not saying Santana is untouchable and if they do fall off enough to have it make more sense then yeah if you get a good offer pull the trigger. I wonder what teams would be willing to offer. I haven't paid as much attention to salaries how is his contract? Either way he is signed for at least another year which has to have appeal and therefore more value coming back.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

The Twins got Escobar for Liriano! Lol Honestly that looks like a pretty good deal he has been a plenty worthwhile player and I remember there were reports a couple years that other teams were wanting to trade for him. Trading starting pitching is always a little tricky espcially when you have a guy that can be a top of the rotation guy for a good team.

I'm certainly not saying Santana is untouchable and if they do fall off enough to have it make more sense then yeah if you get a good offer pull the trigger. I wonder what teams would be willing to offer. I haven't paid as much attention to salaries how is his contract? Either way he is signed for at least another year which has to have appeal and therefore more value coming back.

He signed for till 2018 for 13.5 milland has a vesting option in 2019 where if he throws 200 innings in 2018 he will get paid 14 mil in 2019. Pretty damn good contract for what your getting the bad part is he's 34 right now. I have to think the Yankees would be in play on him and they have a loaded farm system and the need starting pitching really bad.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

He signed for till 2018 for 13.5 milland has a vesting option in 2019 where if he throws 200 innings in 2018 he will get paid 14 mil in 2019. Pretty damn good contract for what your getting the bad part is he's 34 right now. I have to think the Yankees would be in play on him and they have a loaded farm system and the need starting pitching really bad.

Thanks for the insight