Phil Loadholt expected to retire

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Phil Loadholt expected to retire

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Well i am glad we have Andre Smith here. I think in the long run this helps us as I didn't seem him winning the starting job and we could afford to lose a player at this position since we have good depth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/25/report-phil-loadholt-expected-to-retire-monday/
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Re: Phil Loadholt expected to retire

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Seemed like a good teammate/person. Will be missed.

I don't think he was going to make the team. I think that if he was 100% he could have been traded for a pick.
Monster

Post by Monster »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:Seemed like a good teammate/person. Will be missed.

I don't think he was going to make the team. I think that if he was 100% he could have been traded for a pick.

It seemed he was universally lauded as a great teammate.

I think the fact that it was gonna be tough to even make the team of he could play was a factor in his decision to retire. My guess is he wasn't really interested in going to another team. Overall it's not surprising he decided to call it a career. It's a grind and if you aren't fully invested and hurting all the time now it's probably time to do something else. It's gotta be tough to walk away though.

It sounds like Sullivan is good to go. If we get one out of Loadholt and Sullivan healthy and playing well that's pretty good. We will see.
Monster

Post by Monster »

From Wolfson

Loadholt will address retirement at 1p in a conf. call. When he told us in June he felt great, he wasn't lying. Something changed. #Vikings
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

monsterpile wrote:From Wolfson

Loadholt will address retirement at 1p in a conf. call. When he told us in June he felt great, he wasn't lying. Something changed. #Vikings

I've said it before and I'll say it again: According to the Ancient Greeks, the Achilles Tendon is a tricky thing.

It will be sad to see him go. I am hoping Kahil/Boone/Sullivan/Harris/Smith/Fusco/Berger/Clemmings can get it done.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Too bad for Phil, but not tragic for the Vikings. I always liked the guy, but we actually ran the ball better after he got hurt two seasons ago. And we have plenty of depth in the line. I think it's tough for a (very) big guy like Phil to stay in shape after missing more than a season, so this doesn't surprise me. Good news that Sullivan is healthy though.