Against or For it: Percy Harvin To The Vikings?

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Against or For it: Percy Harvin To The Vikings?

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/3/26/11311648/against-or-for-it-percy-harvin-to-the-vikings

I say nope.
TAFKASP

Re: Against or For it: Percy Harvin To The Vikings?

Post by TAFKASP »

No thanks, for the same reason i don't want Cousins on the Woofs.
Monster

Post by Monster »

No and I am still a fan of Harvin but he is a flyer pickup for any team and these are the reasons why.

1. Injuries he can't stay healthy

2. Attitude or whatever issues these are

3. Productivity he really hasn't put together much of anything like 80 receptions 800 yards and 3tds in regular season games since leaving the Vikes.

4. The article says he is a great route runner I do not think that's the case. He is a top level gadget player that you have to work to get him the ball or at least play him in the slot. It feels like right now in the NFl finding a quick athletic slot receiver is pretty easy thing to find.

5. The Vikings need a big target down the field or at least in the middle of the field not another quick shifty athlete. They have a better physical talent like Harvin in Patterson that hasn't produced long term and a less of a game breaker but more refined and versatile player
Wright. I read the Vikings are actually changing their system to be more of a west coast offense at the persuasion of Scott Turner and that makes a lot of sense based on Teddy as the qb and the WRs on the roster. Maybe they can get Patterson going in that type of offense more. Still the Vikings need a bigger receiver than another quick twitch smaller guy. If they had a bigger target they could do a lot of interesting things moving Diggs around.

It's a shame I loved his talent and the way he played the game but he can't stay healthy or stick to a team at this point.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Harvin's problem is he complains when he doesn't get the ball too much. That's it? I think the issues go much deeper than that.