Dammit.
Monster

Re: But I liked Bridgewater...

Post by Monster »

It sucks.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

He appeared to be on the verge of a breakout season, now it's just a broken season.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Yeah, I like Bridgewater too...and he looked good on Sunday. But I'm not feeling the tragedy I'm reading on the rubechat board. This team is not a team that relies on its QB...its a team built around AP and defense. What they need at QB is a game manager, not a game changer, and I don't know that Hill will be such a huge drop off as a game manager. Hill completed 63% of his passes 2 seasons ago in 9 games with the Rams, comparable to Teddy's 65%, and Norv's offense is conservative...sometimes too conservative for many fans.

I feel bad for Teddy because I think he has (had?) a bright future, but I was predicting an 11-5 season with him, and I'm only dropping it to 10-6 without him (the Vikings win total is currently off the board, but I'd bet the "over" if it drops too far). If this is a career-ending injury, then I agree that this is a tragedy. But if it's just one year of Hill playing instead of Teddy, I think we will be fine.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

From what I've been reading this injury could well be career ending. The description I read made me nauseous, and apparently other players where puking on the field at the sight. Season be damned, I hope Teddy can live a normal life again.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

TheSP wrote:From what I've been reading this injury could well be career ending. The description I read made me nauseous, and apparently other players where puking on the field at the sight. Season be damned, I hope Teddy can live a normal life again.

My worry too, sp...he seems like such a good kid. I was a little sick to my stomach when I read the early reports too, but this could turn out better than we fear. The presence of the ambulance tells us there was some terrible trauma that required immediate attention, but as awful as that sounds today, maybe there will be a better ending. Prayers for Teddy for sure.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:Yeah, I like Bridgewater too...and he looked good on Sunday. But I'm not feeling the tragedy I'm reading on the rubechat board. This team is not a team that relies on its QB...its a team built around AP and defense. What they need at QB is a game manager, not a game changer, and I don't know that Hill will be such a huge drop off as a game manager. Hill completed 63% of his passes 2 seasons ago in 9 games with the Rams, comparable to Teddy's 65%, and Norv's offense is conservative...sometimes too conservative for many fans.

I feel bad for Teddy because I think he has (had?) a bright future, but I was predicting an 11-5 season with him, and I'm only dropping it to 10-6 without him (the Vikings win total is currently off the board, but I'd bet the "over" if it drops too far). If this is a career-ending injury, then I agree that this is a tragedy. But if it's just one year of Hill playing instead of Teddy, I think we will be fine.

I think the tragedy losing Teddy (even before the even worse news) is that you lose the young QB and hope that he improves. I do agree that if we have Shaun hill of before we will still have a chance. The problem is it's reasonable to question if he can still be that guy. In addition right now there is nobody behind him. They may not need much out of the QB position but right now they don't have a lot. That's still concerning. It's still a pretty good team though.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Shaun Hill might very well be a decent enough game manager. For 16 games? Considering he's never done that his entire career...

I think it's asking a lot of him, just to stay healthy that entire time.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

No team needs a game manager , that's just what you say when that's your only option. We've had Peterson 10 years now and by no fault of his own, it's clear you can't win riding the back of your rb. This team needs to be able to make plays down field or they'll struggle with the same problems they have for years . Is it any surprise the most successful Vikas teams of the past 25 years have all been passing teams ? Even one including AP