Around the NFL 2019 Offseason

General NFL News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Around the NFL 2019 Offseason

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

He is back.

https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/01/hes-back-jaguars-reportedly-set-to-hire-john-defilippo/

I am glad he is getting another shot. I predict Foles ends up with Jaguars.
TAFKASP

Re: Around the NFL 2019 Offseason

Post by TAFKASP »

You knew he would get another shot, in part because the world is not exactly overflowing with innovative OC prospects. In part because there were just so many issues with the Vikings line that were virtually impossible to scheme away. That said, I wish him luck, and am still glad he's gone!
Monster

Post by Monster »

He likely deserved another opportunity. It will be interesting though as one article pointed out he is going to another team that has run the ball a lot in the past. They said the offensive line had a ton of injuries so maybe they have some worthwhile talent there if healthy. I agree with the idea that Foles makes a ton of sense there. It's gonna be interesting to see where he ends up. I've been a bit of a Foles fan.

I was pulling for Saint Nick in the playoffs. He almost got them to the championship game.

I don't think Defilippo will succeed in Jacksonville without Foles. I just don't see it in him. Who would rather have Foles then Cousins on these team? I remember wanting to take a chance on Foles after the Rams cut him. He would have been our QB instead of Bradford after Teddy went down. Looking back Jeff Fischer seemed to be the death of QB's in the Rams era. Once he was gone. Goff and Foles exploded.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I was pulling for Saint Nick in the playoffs. He almost got them to the championship game.

I don't think Defilippo will succeed in Jacksonville without Foles. I just don't see it in him. Who would rather have Foles then Cousins on these team? I remember wanting to take a chance on Foles after the Rams cut him. He would have been our QB instead of Bradford after Teddy went down. Looking back Jeff Fischer seemed to be the death of QB's in the Rams era. Once he was gone. Goff and Foles exploded.

And Keenum...

Forgot about him. Crazy!

2 OT games this weekend.

Rams vs Patriots.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I feel bad for Saints fans that was a horrendous call. Don't really care about this super bowl. Don't care if the Rams win and I won't hate it if Brady and the Pats get another one. Entertaining games though.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

What Brady and Belichick have done in New England is one of the most dominant feats in professional sports. Unlike basketball, your best player in football can only impact one side of the ball. And there is so much more player turnover and variables, not to mention the "any given Sunday" nature of the playoffs.

They should go down as the best QB and head coach in history, love them or hate them.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:What Brady and Belichick have done in New England is one of the most dominant feats in professional sports. Unlike basketball, your best player in football can only impact one side of the ball. And there is so much more player turnover and variables, not to mention the "any given Sunday" nature of the playoffs.

They should go down as the best QB and head coach in history, love them or hate them.

One of the annoying ESPN talk guys posed the question about who was the best athlete of this generation or Sportman and he said it was Brady. One of his questions was what was more impressive Patriots and Brady 8 straight AFC championship games or Lebron 8 straight Finals. I was going with the Patriotsbecause I was thinking about the weak east for Lebron and as you said any team could lose any game. Later the point was made that The Patriots played in a crappy division so they pretty much always had home field advantage and only had to win one game to get there. It was a good point and made me lean Lebron...although I think the ultimate outcomes on these things are most dumb but even if (oh yeah it was Will Cain) saying some kinda dumb stuff basically shutting people down that disagreed with him it was some interesting stuff to think about.

One reason I don't hate the Pats and Brady is they seem to get everything out of what they have. Brady what 5th round pick too unathletic not good enough arm all that stuff...dude may go down as the greatest QB ever (regardless on of the guys) what a heck of a career he has had. There are some reasons to dislike the Pats that are deserving but it's fun to see them kinda Do their thing like their Spurs do. Some Teams in both sports have to both marvel and be disgusted at the same time with their success.