Would you take a 1st round pick for Zimmer?

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Monster

Re: Would you take a 1st round pick for Zimmer?

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:Stefanski is as good as gone so dumping Zimmer and promoting him is an option. I don't think the Wilf's would do that though.

This is all theoretical especially after the Wilfs came out and said Spielman and Zimmer were their guys but...are we really that sure Stefanski is actually good? I'm a fan of his but the reality is I'm not even sure he is a good OC much less head coach. Like I said before maybe we have a high level head coach on staff already like we had in the past but...I not sure if Stefanski is that guy. If Stefanski was hired away just bring back Pat Shurmer as OC it's possible he would actually be an upgrade as an OC.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

monsterpile wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:Stefanski is as good as gone so dumping Zimmer and promoting him is an option. I don't think the Wilf's would do that though.

This is all theoretical especially after the Wilfs came out and said Spielman and Zimmer were their guys but...are we really that sure Stefanski is actually good? I'm a fan of his but the reality is I'm not even sure he is a good OC much less head coach. Like I said before maybe we have a high level head coach on staff already like we had in the past but...I not sure if Stefanski is that guy. If Stefanski was hired away just bring back Pat Shurmer as OC it's possible he would actually be an upgrade as an OC.

They could have extended Zimmer at any point this season but instead gave a weak vote of confidence instead. I believe that's called sales and an attempt at driving up the price. Or maybe it really means the intend to keep him WTF do I know?
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheSP wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

They could have extended Zimmer at any point this season but instead gave a weak vote of confidence instead. I believe that's called sales and an attempt at driving up the price. Or maybe it really means the intend to keep him WTF do I know?

I know Jon K and a couple others have said earlier in the season they see the Wilfs as group who value legit continuity so they felt like something would have to go wrong for them to move on from Zimmer. A 10-6 season wasn't exactly awe inspiring but I don't see anything that would make me want to move on from the group in place. Zimmer and Spielman seem to work pretty well together. As Jeff Diamond says often on his podcast with Souhan as a GM you don't make decisions until you have to. At this point I don't see them working on an extension while the season was/is still unfolding. The Wilfs don't seem like the type to come out and say what they did to drive up the price to trade Zimmer. Maybe they are playing that game and time will tell. I doubt it. Maybe Zimmer wanted to play it like he had his back against the wall or something. Lol
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I think we call Jerry and tell him he has until 5pm and he can have Zimmer for 3 firsts.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I think we call Jerry and tell him he has until 5pm and he can have Zimmer for 3 firsts.

Nope 4 firsts and an offensive lineman.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

monsterpile wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:I think we call Jerry and tell him he has until 5pm and he can have Zimmer for 3 firsts.

Nope 4 firsts and an offensive lineman.

An Elflein for Martin swap would be NSFW.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Damn it! Dallas has its man. I was looking forward to revenging the Mike Lynn trade by trading them Zimmer.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Damn it! Dallas has its man. I was looking forward to revenging the Mike Lynn trade by trading them Zimmer.

Listened a couple months ago on his podcast Jeff Diamond told stories and it made me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

McCarthy makes sense to me. Will he be better than Garrett? Maybe. Will he be worse? I doubt it. My brother said Jerry Jones Didn't fire himself so...lol I did say it seems like maybe having an accomplished head coach instead of one of your own might be helpful or at least change the dynamic somewhat. The Packers offensive stats are not exactly overwhelming. Middle of the road offense with Rodgers as your QB. Pretty much the same level of offense as last year. The defense being better is pretty significant for that squad. I make that comparison because I guess that's the other route the Cowboys could have gone get the next hot coordinator name. The Packers and Lefluer have had a nice season but it's hard to be like wow they nailed that hire. Cowboys are always interesting and probably would be even if Jerry Jones wasn't the owner. Lol