Wildcard: Saints

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: Wildcard: Saints

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

NFL decided that last play was offensive interference. They will resume the game with Vikings being 4th down.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:NFL decided that last play was offensive interference. They will resume the game with Vikings being 4th down.

I'm still kinda shocked at this win. I became nervous part way through the 3rd quarter. I wasn't supposed to be nervous for this one.

The saints made some plays especially T. Hill but that Defense was pretty good really and they were playing without some key guys. That first Saints drive I saw Sendejo was playing the slot and I was like "Uh oh..." and I didn't say anything about him the rest of the game so he was apparently just fine.

Cousins made enough plays to win. I liked how he answered questions on the field after the game. He is so dorky but he can be pretty like able sometimes. He just beat Drew Brees on the road in the playoffs.

Heck of a win I'm just gonna try and enjoy it.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:NFL decided that last play was offensive interference. They will resume the game with Vikings being 4th down.

I saw some media claiming it should have been called. I saw plenty of holding on the Saints that wasn't called too. You don't call every single push or touch. I think they are mad because they picked the Saints and now their anti-Cousins winning "bag games" narrative is trash. lol More click bait.

I was kidding. I thought it was funny during pre-game they had a Rams fan sketch that had a Rams fan that said: "What rule are the Saints going to want to have changed after they lose this year?"
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

The funny thing is if you swap teams and the NFL calls OPI on the Saints there they would have stormed the field. Also none of the analysts would be calling that OPI if the Saints won.

Zimmer does need to stop hanging on for dear life in these games and go out and win them. Every time we take a lead into the 4th quarter and everything just gets shut down to run out the clock and hold on. The defensive possessions to close out the game were soft and the offense became 5 yards or less unless forced to actually try on 3rd and longer. That Thielen shot should have come in regulation to close out the game, not OT.

khans2k5 wrote:The funny thing is if you swap teams and the NFL calls OPI on the Saints there they would have stormed the field. Also none of the analysts would be calling that OPI if the Saints won.

Zimmer does need to stop hanging on for dear life in these games and go out and win them. Every time we take a lead into the 4th quarter and everything just gets shut down to run out the clock and hold on. The defensive possessions to close out the game were soft and the offense became 5 yards or less unless forced to actually try on 3rd and longer. That Thielen shot should have come in regulation to close out the game, not OT.

Agreed. We got lucky. I think we can hang with the 49ers. That should be a good game. I am not sure how the Packers will win after Clowney KOs Rodgers.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I was kidding. I thought it was funny during pre-game they had a Rams fan sketch that had a Rams fan that said: "What rule are the Saints going to want to have changed after they lose this year?"

Yeah I know. These other clowns weren't. Honestly I thought it was borderline, I don't think you get that call 90% of the time. Certainly not blatant enough for a overturn.

Saints fans - :cry: :cry: :cry:
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:I was kidding. I thought it was funny during pre-game they had a Rams fan sketch that had a Rams fan that said: "What rule are the Saints going to want to have changed after they lose this year?"

Yeah I know. These other clowns weren't. Honestly I thought it was borderline, I don't think you get that call 90% of the time. Certainly not blatant enough for a overturn.

Saints fans - :cry: :cry: :cry:

I can't totally blame Saints fans given what happened last year. I don't think Payton or the players made any excuses, so that's good. It would be a non-controversy if it were any other team.